Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

SuperStretccch

I'm hoping to the heavens above that they are doing something with Imagination soon. Even if it takes seven years, as long as I know they are actually committed to bringing the pavilion back to its former glory, I'm all for it.

And let's be honest, I cannot see them doing this major overhaul of the park and then just leaving Imagination in its current state for another 15 years. Something new needs to be done within the next decade, at most.

Tavernacle12

Imagination should at minimum be a D ticket, if not an E. Figment is the mascot of the park, after all.. Surprised with how much they push him for merch / in the festivals / etc that they don't see the value in doing more with him.

It's cheap to put him on merch, expensive to give him a new ride. Maybe giving him an E ticket would increase ticket sales, but would it increase ticket sales more than Guardians or Rat? I imagine it's something the Imagineers would like to do, but just can't justify in the way they'd want to.

I went to Epcot in 1985 as a kid, and then the next time was many years later. I don't remember the "old" version of Imagination. I can really only base what I see on youtube videos. Can someone explain to me what made the old version so awesome? I am not "getting it" from the youtube videos. Horizons I get.....that one looks awesome. But not understanding what made Imagination so great. Can someone explain it to me? I'm sure its just something that doesn't come through on video. Thanks :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I went to Epcot in 1985 as a kid, and then the next time was many years later. I don't remember the "old" version of Imagination. I can really only base what I see on youtube videos. Can someone explain to me what made the old version so awesome? I am not "getting it" from the youtube videos. Horizons I get.....that one looks awesome. But not understanding what made Imagination so great. Can someone explain it to me? I'm sure its just something that doesn't come through on video. Thanks :)

Well...classic Epcot has taken on a mythical life of its own. The legend is probably more than the reality.

The context is this: Epcot was/is the most innovative amusement park ever built. None can really compare. But it’s also perhaps the most dated one: built entirely to suit travelers in the pre-internet/digital world. Our access to information has taken out a lot of the “wow” factor. And a big reason why disney has struggled to do anything with it for 25 years.

But to the appeal...it’s a romanticized reinvention of history in many ways...similar to “what would walt do?”

Horizons was far more popular the day AFTER it closed than the day before...so was world of motion, the previous spaceship rides, and communicore/innoventions. Living seas looked sadly obsolete before Nemo and has been decried with nostalgia since.

Imagination...however...was different. It was this Technicolor monstrosity of happiness that embodies everything they did for imagineering in Epcot...the perfect 80’s piece of pre-digital wonder.

The Eisner regime never properly valued what it symbolized...and the iger group of pencilnecks can’t be bothered throwing a bone to the “aging” core WDW customer that built the place up to what it is now. And Kodak went bankrupt.

And here we are.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering it’s never been "official" yet it doesn’t surprise me. Epcot’s scheduling has been very similar to AdLib of several years ago but on a larger scale.

So:..Mano y Mano...straight up...

(Children, cover your ears...you know who you are. And if you don’t...I can tell you 🤫)

...do you have any confidence whatsoever they have a plan for it? I’ll bet the House that’s a “no”...beyond the standard internal “we’re looking at it/keeping our options open” load of hubbub...

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So:..Mano y Mano...straight up...

(Children, cover your ears...you know who you are. And if you don’t...I can tell you 🤫)

...do you have any confidence whatsoever they have a plan for it? I’ll bet the House that’s a “no”...beyond the standard internal “we’re looking at it/keeping our options open” load of hubbub...
They’ve had "a plan" for over a decade.

Several of them.

EPICOT

magic conch.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's easy to see just what makes the original a classic. Just watch @marni1971's videos on the original JII and the current JIYI. One is pure brilliance, creativity, and imagination, with a loveable, curious purple dragon and his best friend leading the way. The other is a half-hearted attempt at something resembling imagination with a British comedic actor playing the straight man and an annoying purple dragon. (And we won't even bother with the version in-between these two... :()

But, what does any of this have to do with Brazil? My apologies, I forgot what thread I was in. :oops:

Rteetz

How it always goes? You mean how you always denigrate the rumors labeled rumors in a thread entitled rumor in a rumor section?

You came onto this board intimating you know more than we would ever think someone could know. It turns out you only know as much as any former cast member. And instead of being Big Man on Campus with all your inside knowledge, you wind up, in comparison to those in the know, knowing practically nothing.

And so, you spend all your time tearing down those who truly are in the know.

It's selfish and petty and pathetic. You bring no value to the discussion.
Things never change....

Rteetz

Funny...same thing came to mind.

...sign on and “break” news somewhere else in....5....4....3....2...1
Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I unlike some people always credit where info comes from. Most of the time its from this very forum. If I don't credit its likely from a source of my own in which of course I cannot say where I got that info.

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I unlike some people always credit where info comes from. Most of the time its from this very forum. If I don't credit its likely from a source of my own in which of course I cannot say where I got that info.
Just ignore them. They clearly want a reaction and are unable to bring any real substance to the conversation. Or just put him on ignore....that's what I did. It's just sad I didn't even have to click to see who it was

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom