Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My Epcot Center purism has also diluted.

For me, the spirit of Epcot Center lives on in its festivals and, specifically, Food & Wine and the International Festival of the Holidays. Our shared story, for me, is evidenced over shared meals and storytelling.

If possible, I would appreciate the coupling of travelogues with IP-based attractions. With France, for example, I believe it is nice to have Impressions de France along with Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, to inform and inspire.

I heartily agree with this sediment. For me, international travel and actually living abroad are no longer aspirational goals in fact it's no longer something I really want to do anymore. I do, however, enjoy lots of the different foodstuffs and cultural trappings that are available in Epcot. I hope things get better so that the cultural representatives can return. It's always nice to have a chat in a language other than American English, the closest I get at home is Technische Deutsch with co-workers.

IMHO the shared experiences are indeed what brings the world together, a good meal, a drink, celebrations,.. most enjoy them all. Don't care about the heavy-handed proselytization for any particular viewpoint or cause, I'm not going to change and it's just going to aggravate me.

Sir_Cliff

My Epcot Center purism has also diluted.

When I was a child, in the 1980s, air travel was glamorous and aspirational. We, along with other families we knew, traveled by car. My siblings and I enjoyed the sites along I-95, from New Jersey to Florida, from the windows of a Buick LeSabre station wagon (charcoal with a burgundy interior).

World Showcase, to us at the time, was a once in a lifetime opportunity because we never envisioned traveling outside of the United States. Sadly, the Buick did not have pontoon capabilities.

Nowadays, air travel is common place and having a passport is neither a differentiator nor unique. The allure and romance of travel abroad has gone the way of Members Only jackets and Walkmans.

For me, the spirit of Epcot Center lives on in its festivals and, specifically, Food & Wine and the International Festival of the Holidays. Our shared story, for me, is evidenced over shared meals and storytelling.

If possible, I would appreciate the coupling of travelogues with IP-based attractions. With France, for example, I believe it is nice to have Impressions de France along with Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, to inform and inspire.
I more or less agree. One caveat is that I think people still love travel, the only difference is that it's more accessible. None of us will ever get everywhere, though, so there's still something kind of neat about getting little versions of different countries that you'd either like to visit one day or have fond memories of visiting.

I'm on the fence about the IP-based attractions, mainly due to the fact I think that I think their proliferation is making the Disney parks all blend into one and generally less interesting. One thing that I have thought about a lot in the debate over the transition from Maelstrom to FEA, though, is the person I met in Henningsvaer, Norway a few years ago who had previously worked at the pavilion. She mentioned Maelstrom, rolling her eyes at the stereotypical Norwegian accent that she doubted was even a Norwegian person and clearly found the ride cringey. It makes me wonder whether many Norwegian people find the transition as much of a downgrade as do the Epcot purists do.

I'll also quietly admit that the festivals don't actually seem like a bad idea to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom