Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

Princess Leia

Outside of believing that if Disney is going to build a pavilion in the 21st century, it needs to have an attraction of some variety, it’d be nice to have a balance in the attractions in the World Showcase.

Using what we know (and what has been rumored), by the end of 2022 -or whenever Brazil is completed- the WS should look like this:
  • Mexico
    • Gran Fiesta (RIDE)
  • Norway
    • Frozen Ever After (RIDE)
  • China
    • Reflections of China (FILM)
  • Outpost
  • Germany
  • Brazil
  • Italy
  • USA
    • The American Adventure (SHOW)
  • Japan
  • Morocco
  • France
    • Impressions de France (FILM)- or whatever replaces it
    • Ratatouille- Kitchen Calamity (RIDE)
  • United Kingdom
    • Mary Poppins (RIDE)
  • Canada
    • O Canada! (FILM)
This is a total of 4 rides, 3 films, and 1 show, in case anyone wants a tally.

While I love leisurely walking around the World Showcase, I will not be the first to admit that to keep crowds down, more attractions need to be added. If Brazil doesn't get something, there will be a block of 3 countries + Outpost that won't have anything outside of street entertainment, shopping, and eating. As the first country to be added in 30+ years, Brazil deserves some wow factor.

Haymarket2008

That’s not an entirely accurate article. So far as I know, no attraction at this time. Hopefully it changes. There’s certainly plans for one (an E)

The financial figures are old news; did Scuttle say they were recent (I really don’t know)

Spain isn’t "cancelled". It’s just nowhere near the top of the list.

As of this month the pavilion is still happening. 2022 opening.

I’m assuming the Shanghai Pirates system was being considered for this project at one point? Was that the Epcot portion of the ride tech tug-of-war mentioned on these boards a while back?

Kman101

Lol...eventually I’ll manage to get the torpedo through the shields and score a hit...

The way you tease the kids is truly amazing 😉

We've been let down for a long time now in regards to Figment. We're all on the same page, to a degree. I don't trust them to have that much faith in him, but I hope they do. It's always an easy put off for them, and has been for a long time now. But we know they are "aware" of his popularity. But does it ultimately mean anything? We all know 'plans' can exist (and I know you hate hearing it but if Martin says 'plans exist', they do, which I know you aren't disputing) but the problem they have is implementing them, or giving us what we should get, instead we get the "budget friendly" version that does nobody any favors. Look where it got us now. They went for quick fixes for two decades and now have to get the parks up to par. I feel like, yes, they're spending money now. We're getting "a lot" but they're also playing catch up and they're also not understanding capacity matters. They slowly seem to be getting wake up calls but they still operate like they used to, they just "have" to do things now.

aladdin2007

The last line in that article was interesting: The Brazil pavilion may be confirmed before then due to the permitting process, but we will likely not get any real details or confirmation until next year’s D23.

do you think that is true it may be a year before any announcement or is that article just guessing? I half way expected an announcement before summer 2019.

Kman101

The last line in that article was interesting: The Brazil pavilion may be confirmed before then due to the permitting process, but we will likely not get any real details or confirmation until next year’s D23.

do you think that is true it may be a year before any announcement or is that article just guessing? I half way expected an announcement before summer 2019.

Even if internally greenlit, it seems like something that could easily be put off announcing. It depends I guess when they want it done by. I'd imagine 2022? 2023 now? I guess we can hope it's announced in 2019 (seems most likely, no?) and the ladder goes up the same year. But these things seem to take 3-4 years, with 5 years total of hearing rumors, getting an announcement and then construction.

They have to learn how to market these things better. I know they like beating things to death with little announcements but that's not working, IMHO.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We've been let down for a long time now in regards to Figment. We're all on the same page, to a degree. I don't trust them to have that much faith in him, but I hope they do. It's always an easy put off for them, and has been for a long time now. But we know they are "aware" of his popularity. But does it ultimately mean anything? We all know 'plans' can exist (and I know you hate hearing it but if Martin says 'plans exist', they do, which I know you aren't disputing) but the problem they have is implementing them, or giving us what we should get, instead we get the "budget friendly" version that does nobody any favors. Look where it got us now. They went for quick fixes for two decades and now have to get the parks up to par. I feel like, yes, they're spending money now. We're getting "a lot" but they're also playing catch up and they're also not understanding capacity matters. They slowly seem to be getting wake up calls but they still operate like they used to, they just "have" to do things now.

Well...I had the headstone inscribed with “changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes”...

...but now I’m gonna have them put your post on instead. Thank you.

@Phicinfan @MisterPenguin @Rteetz will be happy to visit it...I’m sure 😛

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The permits with south Florida management have been consistently a better indicator of truth than any “insider” tips. They just are...it’s indisputable.

I’ll believe a country pavilion when I see that and I’m not inclined to do it really one second before.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In all fairness, no one’s asking you to.

...I do believe we have located the nerve, Doctor..

But you seem level headed enough to at least appreciate my stance even if you don’t agree.

I’m not talking the Ratatuiolle ride...I’m talking full country. Soup to nuts...it’s now going on 31 years.

I think you should and do know it’s mostly about financial support contracts and labor...much more complex than building soarin.

So on this alone...I ask the court for latitude

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
...I do believe we have located the nerve, Doctor..

But you seem level headed enough to at least appreciate my stance even if you don’t agree.

I’m not talking the Ratatuiolle ride...I’m talking full country. Soup to nuts...it’s now going on 31 years.

I think you should and do know it’s mostly about financial support contracts and labor...much more complex than building soarin.

So on this alone...I ask the court for latitude
It surprised me too when I first heard of it. I’m still waiting for Morocco’s dinner show let alone Rhine River.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It surprised me too when I first heard of it. I’m still waiting for Morocco’s dinner show let alone Rhine River.

So I’ll give you a mulligan on the cheap shot and we’ll “agree to agree?”
Because we are agreeing...unless you want to emerge from ambiguous shadows and give good, hard dates?🤪

Phicinfan

Well...I had the headstone inscribed with “changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes”...

...but now I’m gonna have them put your post on instead. Thank you.

@Phicinfan @MisterPenguin @Rteetz will be happy to visit it...I’m sure 😛
there is nothing wrong with not believing any and every rumor you hear. You just want to see more tangable work before you believe it happens, I get it. I think you take it a bit far....but we are all Disney fans and all take things too far...

I am excited that we look to get Brazil, I for one have no faith that it will come with an attraction, let alone an "E", but I can hope. I just hope the 2022 timeline is correct. As that is the soonest I will step foot in WDW since maybe by then the SW:GE lines will be survivable :D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just curious, he did state it was planned to be completed by 2022, how hard a date do you want?

Oh boy...you missed the joke.

And I don’t want a date...I was talking about the history of redonkulousness regarding new county rumors.

It is literally a cross between a snipe hunt and unicorn watching.

But don’t blame me...the last new country to break ground was in 1986. This is the mother of all TOTS.

I don’t think Marty is really gonna disagree. No matter what the smoke signals are saying each day.

Phicinfan

Oh boy...you missed the joke.

And I don’t want a date...I was talking about the history of redonkulousness regarding new county rumors.

It is literally a cross between a snipe hunt and unicorn watching.

But don’t blame me...the last new country to break ground was in 1986. This is the mother of all TOTS.

I don’t think Marty is really gonna disagree. No matter what the smoke signals are saying each day.
No, didn't miss the joke, just don't think @marni1971 is Don Quixote by any means. If he puts a date out, I generally take real interest at that part, and this to my remembrance is the first time he locked on 2022 date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom