Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

jg.s

WoL

Its a shame its closing, but it will make way for something new, which is awesome, as disney prove time and time again that they can come up with some amazing attractions, especially recently, with Mission:Space and EE. Lets not talk about SGE...thats a terrible replacement for Alien Encounter...

Wonders of Life will be missed, but things are always changing, thats whats great about disney

Alex..

To be quite honest, it doesnt/wouldnt surprise me, only 14 percent of guest visit it. Wonders of Life, could be replaced with somthing completly differnt, yet keeping in the epcot FW theme, land, seas, engery, I dunno,

I also, Hate that simulation type ride, i can do R&R but cant do either that or star tours

I however, very strongly beileve that universe of engery is staying put for a long time, Ellen's is a fantastic attraction and very pouplar attraction

Skippy

They need to change it, thats not a question. What I'd like to see them change it to is.... something they won't have to change in another ten years. Let's hope for a longer lifetime than future world has been putting out.

I dont nesscarly agree with you,

SSE, Universe of enegry, Imagination, and the land have been around close to 24 years and Living seas for 20,

I think thats awsome, considering the stuff that goes in and out of tomarrowland

DisneySaint

Thebrerrabbit said:
SSE, Universe of enegry, Imagination, WOL, and the land have been around close to 24 years and Living seas for 20,

WOL opened in 1989 - significantly later (7 years) than the rest of those aforementioned attractions. This is also what makes it so interesting that it's closing completely, being the most recent. The Land, Living Seas, Imagination, and UoE were all "upgraded" and Spaceship Earth is the only remaining relately-original attraction (aside from some modernization upgrades).

Oh defently, and i think its good that they have been "upgraded" and not changed, that why, your still keeping with the same theme, rather, than somthing total new and from left field

MagicalMonorail

I got to go in WoL about the 25th of February. I was there for one of the Y.E.S. programs, and the students got to do skits on the stage in the main room. It looks empty and sad, even with all the bright colors and all.

jmvd20

I'm normally one for keeping all of the old "classic" rides but IMO WoL was never enjoyable. I went there once or twice and that was it. Even so it is still sad to see the building closed up. I hope they have been working on plans for either a new attraction or at least demo to get rid of the building. To me closed and abandoned buildings at the parks are an eyesore.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I don't consider any of the listed attractions as being "the same."

SSE has an entirely new script and music.

Energy has an entirely new show, and even the diorama has had major changes.

Imagination is not the Imagination i remember from earlier in any way shape or form - even the building's color has changed from blue to orange and the sculpture above the backward waterfall has been changed out.

The Land looks different and none of the original attractions exist - the only similarity is the boat ride going through green houses. The rest has changed signifigantly.

People forget that Epcot changes frequently. Folks lamented the loss of The Land when it changed to Soarin' saying "Keep it the same as it always has been!" because they were ignorant to the fact that it had already changed drasticly once. SSE even is on version #3.

Punkss

I think drawing large crowds for pavilions is fairly common, i would wager the real measure for Disney is whether people stay, for how long, what they do and what they spend (not being cynical but business is business!)

It is sad to see it go but hopefully something shiny and new will come. As has been said these things must not rest on their laurels!

captainhook1974

It's a good thing

Getting rid of Wonders of Life is a very good thing for Epcot...As quite a few of you said...it was soooo dated...I enjoyed the movies..but Body Wars is a vomit machine...I think the only thing that got me more sick is Mission Space (wish I didn't get sick from it)...I know they aren't looking at adding anymore omnimover rides to the park..but it would be sweet to get something Horizons-like in that space...UoE I dig..but it could use some new tweakings as well..I've been there when it's been completely empty...The Dino's are cool and everything...but it's still a once every 3 or 4 years thing for us...not a HAVE TO ride thing...We ride JII a couple times per visit...and if we are lucky UoE once..

captainhook1974 said:
.I enjoyed the movies..but Body Wars is a vomit machine..

Completly agree!!! same thing with star tours.......... I know many may not agree with me, but i love UOE its classic, yet i think it is very comidiec, and has a terrifc cast, and i think it is an all around great attraction.

DisneyGrown-Up

I'll misss Wonders Of Life, but at the same time I will concede that it was showing its' age. Just walking onto Body Wars was a little sad, considering that I could remember the days when it took at least a half-hour to get on there. I'll also miss Cranium Command, but it also made me feel a little odd to pick up on the SNL references and know that the song they used was "Venus" by Frankie Avalon.

I hope they come up with something new.

Sincerely,

John "DisneyGrown-Up" Kilduff

marni1971 said:
This one ain`t the classic, my friend :D
(classic as in original)

i guess the fact that i thought it opened Oct 1st 1982, with the rest of epoct made it an orignal, Ellen my be only 10 years old, but UOE has been there since day one

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom