Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

djmatthews

Original Poster
I currently have a friend working at EPCOT. He has just updated me on the state of Epcot.

Body Wars has been completly removed, WOL will never reopen. A new attraction is planned for 2007/8, during which UoE will be replaced.

Sorry if this is old news. Please do not flame me - just passing on the information, but this is likely to be very reliable.

lpet11984

That's a shame...I was hoping to catch those things before the were gone, but alas, I am too late...

Wonder what Disney is thinking about doing with the area?

njblackberry

Both are old and dated. Badly in need of either a refresh or a replacement.

WoL never seemed to have any life or energy. We went on every attraction there - several times. I'll miss Cranium Command, but face it, the place was dated. Who remembers Hans and Franz anyway :confused:

Sad to see it go, but.. Here's to something better..

Computer Magic

njblackberry said:
Who remembers Hans and Franz anyway :confused:
:wave:

njblackberry said:
Both are old and dated. Badly in need of either a refresh or a replacement.

WoL never seemed to have any life or energy. We went on every attraction there - several times. I'll miss Cranium Command, but face it, the place was dated. Sad to see it go, but.. Here's to something better..
I hope they keep the area Medical/healthcare related.

lunalovegoddess

I remember the last time that I was at Epcot, the WOL pavillion was not even listed on the map. The building was pictured, but no information. I'd be sad to see Cranium Command go. It was fun and the kids liked it. However, with Star Tours up the road at MGM, it makes sense that Body Wars would fade.
If this is true, then I'll be sad to see it go. WOL was a fun, informative pavillion. If it had been updated and made relevant to the times, maybe they would have attracted more guests. It's been in limbo for the past two years or so, and rather than going out with a bang, it's going out with a whimper.
I wonder what theme they will come up with for its replacement.
What is this about the Universe of Energy, though? It still attracts a large amount of guests. :confused: I don't understand, but I hope that Disney has impressive plans for the area.

Computer Magic

lunalovegoddess said:
I remember the last time that I was at Epcot, the WOL pavillion was not even listed on the map. The building was pictured, but no information. I'd be sad to see Cranium Command go. It was fun and the kids liked it. However, with Star Tours up the road at MGM, it makes sense that Body Wars would fade.
If this is true, then I'll be sad to see it go. WOL was a fun, informative pavillion. If it had been updated and made relevant to the times, maybe they would have attracted more guests. It's been in limbo for the past two years or so, and rather than going out with a bang, it's going out with a whimper.
I wonder what theme they will come up with for its replacement.
What is this about the Universe of Energy, though? It still attracts a large amount of guests. :confused: I don't understand, but I hope that Disney has impressive plans for the area.
Great post :sohappy: I think they should work on Start Tours as well

DisneyWales

Any New

Anyone know about the rumour that was going around that Disney Hong Kong want to buy the old Simulators from Body Wars, so they could have Star Tours in Hong Kong.

Also we have never been inside the WOL pavillion, the first time (2002) we didn't even realise it was there, then in 2003 it was closed when we went, and has been every trip since. So im not bothered about it being pulled down (Cant miss what you dont know). Also it'll be good to see Epcot get more even croweds, with Soarin and Test Track being the major draws at the moment.

Looks like a whole new Epcot (New Land, TT, Soarin New Living Sea's Update to SSE, Bye Bye WOL, and UOE) All we need now is some news that Disney are going to get rid of HISTA, and i'll be over the moon, i hate it soo much)

ToTBellHop

That was a pretty quick removal...I wonder what the new WoL will be. It should definitely still be related to medicine, since that is certainly one of the most important themes for today and the future...I gotta believe one of the big pharmaceuticals or health insurance companies can put up $100m for something amazing. Imagine Body Wars using Spider-Man technology...

Chape19714

Slowly but Surely, all of Future world is getting a major lift. Started with Test Track, then Mission:Space, then a big Facelift for The Land. The living seas is being worked on as we speak. Had to figure WoL and UoE were coming up. Spaceship earth probally will follow...if i had to guess...and NO, not to a rollercoaster....let's not start anything. Sad to see it go, but it needed to be done. I really like the management at Epcot and how they are slowly transforming the park. Now, if MGM would take some lessons from them and use some of those empty theatres. Different subject entirely. I say goodbye, even the oldest and most classic things get changed (look at the 80s remodling of Fantasyland at DL.)

Horizons1

Boy am I glad when I went on New Years Eve I took over 200 pictures of the entire pavilion. Well, it was the WOL's time anyways. It was outdated and needed something new. I hope whatever happens, Disney keeps the medical/ health theme. Its really a nice touch to Epcot and fits in with the theme of the park quite nicely. I will miss Cranium Command tho, happy trails Buzzy.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I remember Hans and Franz, but I am glad to see WOL is going to be redone. UoE is still an impressive ride. When I tell people about WDW, I always mention there is a ride/attraction that is 45 minutes long. If it shuts down forever, what's the next longest (not counting shows)? Of course, I was always cheating a bit since UoE was a movie,movie, ride, and another movie. Oh well, c'est la vie.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I'm amazed how no one has learned their lesson about believing things they read on the internet, especially when it comes to Disney attraction closures.

Do people here honestly believe that Body Wars was completely removed in just three weeks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom