Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

speck76

Horizons was only open 1997-1999 as Test Track was 2 year late.....otherwise it would have been closed for good a lot sooner....

MissK

Rereading this thread and the links provided I wish EPCOT could somehow get StormRider from TDS. That ride looks amazing, maybe they could do a weather pavilion and talk about global warming and stuff.

Sad about WoL but what can you do I guess. I think change is good somewhat (without change things tend to stagnate and decay sometimes) but I hope they keep the overall "learning without feeling you're learning" thing that is EPCOT's hallmark IMO.

But I'm just a newbie so YMMV :)

CThaddeus

I think the winner for longest standing structure with no activity would probably go to America Sings at Disneyland. That puppy closed in 1987 or 1988 and all of the stages and seating remained exactly as they were - except for the audio-animatronics, which had migrated to Splash Mountain - until 1997 when they finally began work on Innoventions. When I worked there in 1995, we even had some meetings in it. Truly bad show, on Disney's part, if you ask me...which you didn't.

Oh, and on the subject of Horizons, it was actually open in 1996 when I was there, not just 1997-1999.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom