Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Alright, I spoke with a Future World East manager about this. Body Wars has not been taken out. In fact, it will be running for a private event next month. Wonders of Life is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that UoE makeover, either.

Magicot

speck76 said:
It actually started with SSE and UoE....it is just approaching their time again

I'm quite interested in how attractions are revised and changed over the years. And there does seem to be some sort of a cycle for reworking and improving the Future World pavilions in the past two decades. I made a map of FW with the years of pavilion openings and major renovation completions since the park first opened. As you can see, SSE, UoE, and espesially WoL are all due for a refurbishment of some sort. Even though Innoventions hasn't completely changed since '94, the exhibits are always changing so there's a difference there.

I know that Siemens will soon make changes to SSE, WoL's future is uncertain, but I don't think UoE needs to disappear. It's been 10 years and I still find it to be a humorous show, Ellen is as popular as ever, and energy still works well in FW. I think a small refurbishment to UoE is just what it needs- keep Ellen, keep the dinos, even jeep Jeopardy, just bring it into the 21st century.

<(To see the largest version, click on this box, and then click on the picture before maximizing the screen) Enjoy the map!

speck76

Magicot said:
I'm quite interested in how attractions are revised and changed over the years. And there does seem to be some sort of a cycle for reworking and improving the Future World pavilions in the past two decades. I made a map of FW with the years of pavilion openings and major renovation completions since the park first opened. As you can see, SSE, UoE, and espesially WoL are all due for a refurbishment of some sort. Even though Innoventions hasn't completely changed since '94, the exhibits are always changing so there's a difference there.

I know that Siemens will soon make changes to SSE, WoL's future is uncertain, but I don't think UoE needs to disappear. It's been 10 years and I still find it to be a humorous show, Ellen is as popular as ever, and energy still works well in FW. I think a small refurbishment to UoE is just what it needs- keep Ellen, keep the dinos, even jeep Jeopardy, just bring it into the 21st century.

<(To see the largest version, click on this box, and then click on the picture before maximizing the screen) Enjoy the map!

RE: your map....TT should really be listed as 1997....as that was the original opening date.....even though it opened 2 years later.....it was refurbished with an intent to open in 1997

im kinda thinking since they have the space there. it will be a themed roller coaster maybe? since that seems to be the new "thing" in theme parks these days.

but who knows. hopefully imagineers will use there skills in the space they gain.

tis a shame tho. i have memories in both places...:(

Pongo

WDWTestDummy said:
im kinda thinking since they have the space there. it will be a themed roller coaster maybe? since that seems to be the new "thing" in theme parks these days.

but who knows. hopefully imagineers will use there skills in the space they gain.

tis a shame tho. i have memories in both places...:(

Didn't WDI just build a themed roller coaster...?

:D

wdwishes2005

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Does that mean Test Track is already coming up for an update again? lol. If UoE is...TT would be next after that.
TT hasn't been under since it opened. it is just getting a face lift and repaving.

TinkerBell9988

Wow, I feel really terrible about WoL... I know that the destruction to the pavillion is inevitable, but WoL was a big part of my childhood memories at EPCOT. Too bad. :(

mousermerf

Account Suspended
wdwishes2005 said:
I can confirm last thursday there was a corparate event there.

In Body Wars itself, or the lounge above it that has ben used several times without touching a single thing in the attraction as it has seperate access into the rear of the building through a lobby with pretty mirrored elevators and an entire prep kitchen and a puppet show wagon?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
wdwishes2005 said:
TT hasn't been under since it opened. it is just getting a face lift and repaving.

First off - Test Track has been repaved several times since it open, so that's not totally true. Admittedly, its not had a long rehab.

But, this long rehab has the pavilion sporting a crane - since when does a simple fix-up require a crane?

Magicot

speck76 said:
RE: your map....TT should really be listed as 1997....as that was the original opening date.....even though it opened 2 years later.....it was refurbished with an intent to open in 1997

If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that I said, "I made a map of FW with the years of pavilion openings and major renovation completions since the park first opened." Hence, I put [March 17] 1999, the opening date of TT. Why would I put 1997 if that wasn't the opening date? It might have been intended, but.... it didn't happen.:lookaroun

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
Lee? Corrus? Chuck Norris? Any thoughts?
Lol, Chuck Norris was thrown in there just for Rhyming purposes, right?

Right!?!

:lookaroun murmur murmur murmur

Yensid "more murmuring more murmuring more murmuring" tlaw1969

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom