Body Wars Removed, WOL Closed Forever

ErickainPA

We were there at Christmastime and all the CM's know it was the end. The CM at the bottom of the entrance was even telling people come in, your final week to see WOL. We went in and waited for the next Cranium Command to start, talking to the CM there, she said they didn't know what was going to be replacing WOL, just hoped it was going to be something great. When we came out of CC, the place was hoping with people, but still Making of Me and Body Wars had no lines at all. I took lots of pics of the pavillion for that final look. With it being off the maps the CM said no one knows we are over here anymore. People would come up when we were closed and try to come in, and now that we are open no one really is coming in.

#1DizGal

Sadly, I have been unable to see WOL for many many years, as it's been closed when I was there. As far as UoE, the only thing I'll miss is the Ellen AA. I think she rocks!

SirGoofy

As long as the keep the diorama at UOE I'll be happy. It's a classic show of what AAs can do. I know they are old and no to sophisticated, but they make you feel like you're in a prehistoric forrest.

dxwwf3

MKCP 1985 said:
Could someone tell me what "Wonders of Life" is?

A health based pavilion between Universe of Energy and Mission Space. It features Body Wars, The Making of Me, Cranium Command and the Sensory Funhouse. It opened up in 1989.

:lol:

maxime29

Premium Member
by the way, where did Gen Grizz go???

He stopped posting after most people got on his case for what Disney should do with certain attractions and how things were being kept up around the parks.

As far as the deconstruction phase goes, I'll wait till Steve posts the confirmation in the news. I do not doubt that the Christmas season was the last time it was going to be open. Glad that I was able to see everything again (including watching "making of me" for the first time after ignoring it every visit). I will miss the area music as well.

Number_6

Well, if this information is accurate I'm sad to see Cranium Command leave, but don't really care too much about the rest of it seeing as so much has been closed for so long there. As far as getting all the stuff for Body Wars out, it would really depend on how many modules they had and how many they were running when it was open. Theoretically, it's possible that if there were four modules, they could have removed two during times that the pavillion was closed previously and then only had to worry about removing the majority of parts for the last two. Technically, all they would have to do for it to be officially "gone" though would be to remove all the parts that make it operational, such as the doors, projectors, screens, etc. If those were taken out and not replaced, then that would constitute the same as it being gone.

As far as UoE/EEA goes, I doubt they are getting rid of the energy pavillion, but probably updating it. When you think of the things that have been developed over the past 10 years, hybrid cars being a great example, there is alot more that can be discussed regarding energy. According to reports, the Chinese are testing a fusion reactor later this year as well. Things like this added in would make an even more interesting and educational experience. The movie could always be updated and some of the rooms(like the radio tower room) could be changed to incorporate some of the newer technologies instead.

And besides, Alex Trebek doesn't have a mustache anymore... :p

Edit: For the article about the Chinese Fusion Reactor, go here: http://www.angolapress-angop.ao/noticia-e.asp?ID=409853

diddy_mouse

I'm sad to see WoL go, but that area does need a huge facelift. You walk around past Mission:Space and it's like "yikes!" I think UoE should stay, adding Ellen and Bill Nye definitely made learning about energy a little more intresting.

Definitely curious to see what changes are made when I visit in '07

clarkstallings

When I was at WOL this December, I asked a cast member if this was the last hurrah? He said, nobody knows for certain. He mentioned them packing it up and moving it to Hong Kong, but he also said UOE might be getting recarpeted this Spring and they may open it during that. I guess they can't very well do that if the ride system's been removed.

tink rules

Whatever comes out in the end... I hope they put attractions that everyone can enjoy.... I can't do TT or MS because of injuries. I'd hate to have to skip all of future world because it's becoming all thrill rides.

ToTBellHop

Bill Nye and Ellen aren't the only worthwhile actors in the world...there are plenty of folks who would work well on UoE. Do kids now even know who Bill Nye is? I grew up on Bill Nye...as far as I know, he's a professor at Cornell now (he was a little while back).

speck76

Chape19714 said:
A very good point. I seem to forget the span of time before my 1st Epcot Visit. :brick:

many people do...they forget the parks existed prior to their first visit....and that change has been the only constant at Disney parks for the last 50 years......

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
ISTCNavigator57 said:
Does that mean Test Track is already coming up for an update again? lol. If UoE is...TT would be next after that.

TT is currently down for rehab... Maybe they're doing it now :confused:

speck76

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Does that mean Test Track is already coming up for an update again? lol. If UoE is...TT would be next after that.
potentially

The order for this last go-around was

The Land
SSE
UoE
WoM =>TT
JII
Horizons => Mission Space
The Land
TLS
Wol??????

Now...what becomes interesting when this is compared to the order of opening

1.The Land
SSE
UoE
WoM

2.JII

3. Horizons

4. TLS

5. WoL

Perhaps their is a constant method to the percieved madness

SirGoofy

speck76 said:
potentially

The order for this last go-around was

The Land
SSE
UoE
WoM =>TT
JII
Horizons => Mission Space
The Land
TLS
Wol??????

Now...what becomes interesting when this is compared to the order of opening

1.The Land
SSE
UoE
WoM

2.JII

3. Horizons

4. TLS

5. WoL

Perhaps their is a constant method to the percieved madness

Great that means JII might be getting another redo!:lol:

speck76

In another 10 years or so.....the attraction will be 17 years old, which was about the time it was redone last time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom