News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah it's not $600. PP isn't actually clicking on the results. PP is pricing a Family Suite and trying to pass it off as if it's the price of a standard room. The actual price of a standard room is $259.

The post mentioned family (and party of 5 - which infers the double rooms) all along - you just missed it. "a family of 5 is now nearing $700 a night ($590 if you do family at All Star)"

CaptainAmerica

The post mentioned family (and party of 5 - which infers the double rooms) all along - you just missed it. "a family of 5 is now nearing $700 a night ($590 if you do family at All Star)"
On no planet does "family of 5" automatically imply "5 adults, and I insist on all 5 of us sharing a single room."

And again, the "family of 5" was not applied to the Four Seasons. PP talked about a Four Seasons room being comparable in price to the Disney suites. 1) A Four Seasons room is WAY more than a Disney suite, and 2) a family of 5 would need two rooms at the Four Seasons, too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
On no planet does "family of 5" automatically imply "5 adults, and I insist on all 5 of us sharing a single room."

This doesn't help your argument. He was referring to the family suite from both price and requirements. No it's not an apples to apples with FourSeasons.. but let's not forget what you reacted to :)

Robbiem

That would require to completely rewrite the way investors (in Disney's case: other companies) should evaluate companies and set targets.
I know nothing about finance but sounds like the tail wagging the dog. Companies should set and run their own business and people should invest based on their business plan.

If you’re only doing things because other people are telling you to then what control do you have? If you are only attracting those kind of investors you have to ask why they are investing and what their motive is? You may well find yourself in hock to people who don’t have your long term interests at heart

you also have to ask if other companies are calling the shots does it matter who is in charge, are they just another corporations puppet?

Lilofan

I knew they were looking at suites -- I'm saying I couldn't imagine spending $600 for a suite there. Or almost $800 for Art of Animation.

Regardless, I agree they're not comparable to Four Seasons prices.
The Waldorf Astoria Dubai at exclusive Palm Juriemah island is not only a better price $264 nightly full breakfast included in Sept than Art of Animation but it is like vacationing in royalty.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol imagine believing this.

It's one thing to be critical of reality, it's another thing entirely to just make stuff up and then get mad at your own fever dream.

I picked a random date, May 15, 2024:
  • All-Star Movies is $163
  • Port Orleans Riverside is $297
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge is $516
  • Polynesian is $746
  • Four Seasons is $1,395
So you're either lying or just horribly misinformed. So no, the All-Star resorts are not "higher than the Four Seasons." The Four Seasons is 8.5 TIMES the price of All-Star.
The party size is the problem and it’s obvious weren’t not talking about toddlers…

So that’s why it’s so expensive.

This is one of your frequent pitfalls…defending egregious pricing in some misguided defense of the medicis or something?

Wdw rooms are vastly overpriced. To say nothing of an increasingly unimpressive timeshare that keeps looking more and more like the bad timeshare they sold scoffing at…

It’s what happens when the prices always go up even if the sales and financial climate doesn’t justify it.

We got there.

CaptainAmerica

The party size is the problem and it’s obvious weren’t not talking about toddlers…
Still. 17 versus 19 is a big difference in Disney pricing because there's a surcharge applied to adults more than 2 in a single room.

This is one of your frequent pitfalls…defending egregious pricing in some misguided defense of the medicis or something?
I'm not defending the pricing. I'll defend the pricing of like... Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard View in August with a 30% discount. I'm not defending All Star Music rack rate the week before Christmas. I'm just pushing back on the hyperbole that Disney resorts are anywhere in the same stratosphere as the Four Seasons.

Not me: Disney pricing is perfectly reasonable and a tremendous value.

Me: Stop making stupid comparisons between $300 hotel rooms and $1,300 hotel rooms, even if $300 is more than the former has any business being.

celluloid

I was shocked to stay at Hilton Tokyo Bay for cheaper than Swann and Dolphin and it felt more onsite than Deluxe hotels. Daily housekeeping and breakfast for 209 a night including breakfast for two adults and two kids.
Less than 400 feet from Resort Monorail Station.

That was last min ending at Disney again when plans changed.

The pre planned part of our stay near the start weeks earlier has us at 157 a night with a kids bunk bed plus extra bed themed suite.

HauntedMansionFLA

All the Star Wars stuff…with a small amount of exception…has sucked.

They can’t get a movie made…they bombed a themed hotel in less than a year.

It’s ridiculous

The problem is they are trying to grab quick scores off crap like the remakes. Which Cheapens the classic stuff while at the same time is burning it up.

Eisner was an actual creative…by resume…

And yes he stayed too long and didn’t read technology correctly towards the end.

But is Disney better off moving forward today than they were in 2003?

They damn well should be considering the size and catalogue…but none of it is improving.

And that’s a crime. So much more to work with based on the growth history…

The problem is people look at the stock price…without the context of how that has changed. The whole system is different.

This is a major impasse here.
Reports are saying the hotel took a two to four billion loss. That’s crazy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still. 17 versus 19 is a big difference in Disney pricing because there's a surcharge applied to adults more than 2 in a single room.

I'm not defending the pricing. I'll defend the pricing of like... Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard View in August with a 30% discount. I'm not defending All Star Music rack rate the week before Christmas. I'm just pushing back on the hyperbole that Disney resorts are anywhere in the same stratosphere as the Four Seasons.

Not me: Disney pricing is perfectly reasonable and a tremendous value.

Me: Stop making stupid comparisons between $300 hotel rooms and $1,300 hotel rooms, even if $300 is more than the former has any business being.
You can’t cherry pick the cheapest price and say “see! It’s not expensive”

That’s good with preschoolers…but as they grow…your window shrinks into the more expensive zones. Cause that’s life and why they screw you based on that.

CaptainAmerica

You can’t cherry pick the cheapest price and say “see! It’s not expensive”
This conversation is dumb so this will be my last reply.

I never said it's not expensive. I said it's nowhere near as expensive as the Four Seasons, which is a comparison someone else introduced, not me.

That’s good with preschoolers…but as they grow…your window shrinks into the more expensive zones. Cause that’s life and why they screw you based on that.
August is one of the cheapest times of year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This conversation is dumb so this will be my last reply.

I never said it's not expensive. I said it's nowhere near as expensive as the Four Seasons, which is a comparison someone else introduced, not me.
Well that has changed.
The seasons was well behind or on par the lagoon hotels prior to the plague.
So that’s a valid point.
August is one of the cheapest times of year.
It is…but Disney has frankly messed with their prices so bad mandating “No discounts!” From 2016-2022 that it’s all whacked out.

Also…August in Florida sucks baseballs through a garden hose 😎

Lilofan

Well that has changed.
The seasons was well behind or on par the lagoon hotels prior to the plague.
So that’s a valid point.

It is…but Disney has frankly messed with their prices so bad mandating “No discounts!” From 2016-2022 that it’s all whacked out.

Also…August in Florida sucks baseballs through a garden hose 😎
If one thing Chapek played at a part in is that during the WDW shareholder meeting before he got fired was the shareholders were staying in the best accommodations at WDW - in the third party Four Seasons and probably getting away from dealing with cast members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom