News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Ayla

Yeah…I was trying to ignore the “defend no matter the truth” thing…but you stirred it up.

Theyre milking something that ended 2 years ago…because they are used to customers just lowering their standards

The advance booking indicate that may be over now…However
Correcting a false statement isn't 'stirring'. 😎

Br0ckford

What we are getting, now, is all the Disney era creations and changes to classic characters and the latest, "Secret Invasion", is nothing close to the original and isnt even, superficially, close to the original.
We just finally watched this yesterday. All I can say is...ugh..... I could have watched only the last episode and been fine. Should have been a special long form D+ special instead of a 6 episode waste.

Bender123

Yeah…I was trying to ignore the “defend no matter the truth” thing…but you stirred it up.

Theyre milking something that ended 2 years ago…because they are used to customers just lowering their standards

The advance booking indicate that may be over now…However

To some level, WDW onsite hotels justified the prices with convenience...Magical Express, Extra Magic Hours, Top notch service, theming, park transportation, early fastpass window, early dining reservation, etc...

In the past five years, we have lost all of those...while the price keeps going up.

I was looking at a "last trip before all the kids are in college" for next year and the rack rate for a family of 5 is now nearing $700 a night ($590 if you do family at All Star), prior to tickets, transport, food etc...Insane, for a higher price than the Four Seasons?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
To some level, WDW onsite hotels justified the prices with convenience...Magical Express, Extra Magic Hours, Top notch service, theming, park transportation, early fastpass window, early dining reservation, etc...

In the past five years, we have lost all of those...while the price keeps going up.

I was looking at a "last trip before all the kids are in college" for next year and the rack rate for a family of 5 is now nearing $700 a night ($590 if you do family at All Star), prior to tickets, transport, food etc...Insane, for a higher price than the Four Seasons?

The Four Seasons used to be close to Disney Deluxe pricing but has absolutely skyrocketed post-pandemic. I haven't seen rates there below $800-$1000 a night lately.

CaptainAmerica

Lol imagine believing this.

It's one thing to be critical of reality, it's another thing entirely to just make stuff up and then get mad at your own fever dream.

I picked a random date, May 15, 2024:
  • All-Star Movies is $163
  • Port Orleans Riverside is $297
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge is $516
  • Polynesian is $746
  • Four Seasons is $1,395
So you're either lying or just horribly misinformed. So no, the All-Star resorts are not "higher than the Four Seasons." The Four Seasons is 8.5 TIMES the price of All-Star.

Bender123

Lol imagine believing this.

It's one thing to be critical of reality, it's another thing entirely to just make stuff up and then get mad at your own fever dream.

I picked a random date, May 15, 2024:
  • All-Star Movies is $163
  • Port Orleans Riverside is $297
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge is $516
  • Polynesian is $746
  • Four Seasons is $1,395
So you're either lying or just horribly misinformed. So no, the All-Star resorts are not "higher than the Four Seasons." The Four Seasons is 8.5 TIMES the price of All-Star.
Congrats on picking the dead time of the year and not going for 5 adults (Wife and I, 21, 18,18)...Im working around college schedules, soooooo, is it my fever dream, or yours? (Honestly shocked the cabins are that cheap)...

1691428309132.png

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

is it my fever dream, or yours?
Still yours.

(Honestly shocked the cabins are that cheap)
That's a campsite, not the cabins.

Those are suites. You're pricing suites and comparing them to standard hotel rooms. You can't put 5 adults in a standard hotel room. Four Seasons won't even ALLOW you to book 5 adults in a single room. So now you're looking at 2 rooms at the Four Seasons which would put you up around $2,600 PER NIGHT, minimum.

I can't imagine why anyone would ever willingly pay $600 a night to stay at All-Star Music, regardless of the time of year. There have to be better options available off-site.
Yeah it's not $600. PP isn't actually clicking on the results. PP is pricing a Family Suite and trying to pass it off as if it's the price of a standard room. The actual price of a standard room is $259.

Bender123

Can't price out Four Seasons on this date as they only sell about a year out...

When I checked a comp for this year on the same week, it was around $890 average per night. This was a while back when I started planning, it looks sold out right now, though.

Bender123

Still yours.

That's a campsite, not the cabins.

Those are suites. You're pricing suites and comparing them to standard hotel rooms. You can't put 5 adults in a standard hotel room. Four Seasons won't even ALLOW you to book 5 adults in a single room.
Good job not reading the requirements, not my fault, yours. The fact remains that I can do five people in a room at Poly, Contemporary and a few others, but a room is flying over $1000 a night.

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and plan two rooms...Are you seriously going to be able to justify (after taxes and fees) about $325 a night for the All Stars? This scenario gets you the worst rooms, no night time hours, bus transit at the farthest station, no airport transfer and no real advantage vs staying offsite (save for maaaayyyybe one extra ride in the morning).

1691429179823.png

CaptainAmerica

When I checked a comp for this year on the same week, it was around $890 average per night. This was a while back when I started planning, it looks sold out right now, though.
Nope, you don't get to do that either. If we're going to take Disney's rack rates and disregard all promotions, then you have to do the same thing for the Four Seasons. Rack rates only, and rack rates the week before Christmas are $1,514.

1691429290712.png

And this person is going with 5 people, so they'll need 2 rooms, so $3,028 per night plus resort fees. But sure, it's less expensive than a $595 family suite at All Star Music.

CaptainAmerica

Good job not reading the requirements, not my fault, yours. The fact remains that I can do five people in a room at Poly, Contemporary and a few others, but a room is flying over $1000 a night.
I would never put five adults in a single hotel room, that's gross.

Lets give you the benefit of the doubt and plan two rooms...Are you seriously going to be able to justify (after taxes and fees) about $325 a night for the All Stars?
Of course not, that would be insane. But you're the one who pulled out a comparison to the Four Seasons, which is five times as expensive. My point is not "All Star Music is a great value the week before Christmas," my point is "you're nuts if you think that All Star Music is anywhere REMOTELY close to the price of the Four Seasons."

UNCgolf

Yeah it's not $600. PP isn't actually clicking on the results. PP is pricing a Family Suite and trying to pass it off as if it's the price of a standard room. The actual price of a standard room is $259.

I knew they were looking at suites -- I'm saying I couldn't imagine spending $600 for a suite there. Or almost $800 for Art of Animation.

Regardless, I agree they're not comparable to Four Seasons prices.

CaptainAmerica

I knew they were looking at suites -- I'm saying I couldn't imagine spending $600 for a suite there. Or almost $800 for Art of Animation.
Yeah I don't have the data but my gut tells me that the price season differentials are much more aggressive than they used to be. August is a great value if you can stomach the weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom