News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Cliff

The only thing that "really" determines if something is over-priced...is actual sales numbers. If Disney prices a room at one million dollars per night and they sell out? That's the correct price. "We" as consumers determine what the "proper" price something is.

That's why I mostly stay off site on I Drive. Now,...it does seem to me that Universal hotels are priced more reasonably than Disney hotels.

Anyhoo...if Disney hotels are way over priced?...you can blame US consumers for that.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If one thing Chapek played at a part in is that during the WDW shareholder meeting before he got fired was the shareholders were staying in the best accommodations at WDW - in the third party Four Seasons and probably getting away from dealing with cast members.
There was never any doubt that the four seasons was the best hotel the minute they announced it.

That was the point.

Swolphin and the bonnet creek places are next…

Why? Disney isn’t “luxury”’and never will be. They aren’t willing to pay for the investment needed in overhead to maintain it. They are an unwilling hotelier. It’s a necessary evil for them.

Wdw Hotels were incredibly well constructed so it covers for the service warts…well at least until timeshare Bob showed up.

Splash4eva

There was never any doubt that the four seasons was the best hotel the minute they announced it.

That was the point.

Swolphin and the bonnet creek places are next…

Why? Disney isn’t “luxury”’and never will be. They aren’t willing to pay for the investment needed in overhead to maintain it. They are an unwilling hotelier. It’s a necessary evil for them.

Wdw Hotels were incredibly well constructed so it covers for the service warts…well at least until timeshare Bob showed up.
Imo building a true luxury resort/hotels would be another mismanagement of money. Imo majority of people are not going to Disney looking for that type of experience.

TrainsOfDisney

Imo building a true luxury resort/hotels would be another mismanagement of money. Imo majority of people are not going to Disney looking for that type of experience.
The reason Eisner was such a great leader (despite huge flaws!!!) was that he saw and understood what the parks were and could be. AAA 5 and 4 Diamond Restaurants all the way down to McDonalds and everything in between.

The majority don’t go to Disney to play golf, but under Eisner some award-winning courses were built.

The mentality that the majority only want to see a mouse dance in front of a castle and then ride 1.5 attractions (or whatever number) is what has gotten us in to the terrible mess that we have in Florida.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And that’s fine…and I don’t disagree

The disconnect is fools talking about “club level” (the name itself has a story) and pouring $1000 a night down them for a snack bar with a tray off the buffet and some hot pockets. And a 7-10 “concierge”…which is laughable.

Last edited:

Br0ckford

The disconnect is fools talking about “club level” (the name itself has a story) and pouring $1000 a night down then for a snack bar with a tray off the buffet and some hot pockets. And a 7-10 “concierge”…which is laughable.
Yeah, I'm not looking for all that at WDW. Maybe the hot pocket.
Food Eating GIF by Amon Amarth

Magic Crush Drop

If you’re only doing things because other people are telling you to then what control do you have? If you are only attracting those kind of investors you have to ask why they are investing and what their motive is? You may well find yourself in hock to people who don’t have your long term interests at heart
You're acting like it isn't a systematic problem. You can't just change how the market reacts. Plus most of execs big earnings come from the stock rising and the rising in valuation comes with higher volumes of buy orders.

celluloid

It cost Disney $1B to build Galaxy's Edge, and half that to build Cosmic Rewind.

Disney's costs are out of control.

Not that this new land at Dollywood is comparable to GE.

And back in New Fantasyland timets, the Little Mermaid budget is outrageous, for what feels like an oddly designed Omnimover.

Tron Light cycle was not exactly cheap.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Well, they did not make the beds at Gran Destro Tower in December 2022, and I have heard of no changes since then. I think you had better check again. You are incorrect.
Nope. Actually, you are dead wrong. It is no longer 2022. Was just at the Beach Club a few weeks ago and the room was cleaned and beds were made every single day. The everyday service is back at deluxes. So like I said, enjoy your next trip!

Last edited:

AEfx

The disconnect is fools talking about “club level” (the name itself has a story) and pouring $1000 a night down them for a snack bar with a tray off the buffet and some hot pockets. And a 7-10 “concierge”…which is laughable.
Anyone I know who regularly stays at concierge or "club" levels in general outright laughs at what Disney offers in those respects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom