News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Animaniac93-98

Its complicated, because those series cost more than they can bring in. They don't drive new subscribers, but they help keep people.

Do you know what the biggest single driver of new Disney+ subs was?

Hamilton.

Because it was different - it drew in new people who didn't have it before. But most fans of Marvel/Pixar/Disney/Star Wars already have D+ and don't sub because a new show is coming out, so therefore Disney doesn't get new revenue for Andor or Secret Invasion or whatever.

That's the advantage of the Star content where it's included.

I know people who watch Disney+ but don't care about Marvel/Star Wars that much because of it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Accept that Disney used to be the Rolls Royce of themed entertainment. Being the Cadillac makes them on par with Universal. Cadillac, in my mind, is like cheap luxury.
I think the danger there is assuming that’s baked in…

The theme quality of Disney will never be eclipsed because they started installing it standard in 1955…

But they can be overwhelmed some if Comcast just keeps building great stuff in the parks…Disney has lagged considerably unlike ever before here…and you know why?
1669825157782.jpeg

Trauma

I think the danger there is assuming that’s baked in…

The theme quality of Disney will never be eclipsed because they started installing it standard in 1955…

But they can be overwhelmed some if Comcast just keeps building great stuff in the parks…Disney has lagged considerably unlike ever before here…and you know why?
I think your underestimating the cultural significance of the Splash re-theme.

That should drive attendance for a decade, eventually shuttering Universal Parks altogether.

Kamikaze

These are the same racist neckbeards who loved Black Panther?

…and right on queue.

People that push that are wrong. People telling you you’re one of them if you watch a story and sucks that makes you one is equally wrong.

“Rey palpatine-skywalker” 😳
You mean like this guy:

Or this guy:

And read the comments. Just because you aren't a racist neckbeard doesn't mean there aren't racist neckbeards. Just because you don't like something that doesn't make you a racist or sexist. And you have every right to not like something because you just didn't enjoy it. But if your main reason for not watching or enjoying something is because of the characters sex or race, then guess what - you ARE.

If you guys don't think that there is a racist and sexist undertone to a lot of the 'geek' fandoms, I don't know what to tell you than to open your eyes and read /r/marvelstudios every once in a while. What was the #1 complaint there about Ms. Marvel (without even watching it)? 'I can't relate to a teenage Pakistani Muslim girl'. But you can relate to giant green Hulks (but not female ones), various aliens, Norse gods, baby (and JACKED UP) trees, and guys that shoot arrows impossibly well? Those are all fine, but brown people 'I just can't relate'. That's literally racism.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And read the comments. Just because you aren't a racist neckbeard doesn't mean there aren't racist neckbeards. Just because you don't like something that doesn't make you a racist or sexist. And you have every right to not like something because you just didn't enjoy it. But if your main reason for not watching or enjoying something is because of the characters sex or race, then guess what - you ARE.

If you guys don't think that there is a racist and sexist undertone to a lot of the 'geek' fandoms, I don't know what to tell you than to open your eyes and read /r/marvelstudios every once in a while. What was the #1 complaint there about Ms. Marvel (without even watching it)? 'I can't relate to a teenage Pakistani Muslim girl'. But you can relate to giant green Hulks (but not female ones), various aliens, Norse gods, baby (and JACKED UP) trees, and guys that shoot arrows impossibly well? Those are all fine, but brown people 'I just can't relate'. That's literally racism.
The criticism of Ms. Marvel makes me so sad because it's such a friggin wholesome show, and probably one of the most small-c conservative projects Disney has put out in years. It's about family and friendship and duty and tradition.

But She-Hulk is legit butt tho.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You mean like this guy:

Or this guy:

That’s why I said (not well): they’re BOTH wrong.

I can…and do…call out crap thar doesn’t make me a bigot at all.

Both can be and are true.
I can watch anything well written and acted and love the hell out of it.

The mouth breather trolls you posted need to be eliminated.

Kamikaze

The criticism of Ms. Marvel makes me so sad because it's such a friggin wholesome show, and probably one of the most small-c conservative projects Disney has put out in years. It's about family and friendship and duty and tradition.

But She-Hulk is legit butt tho.
Ms Marvel is my favorite D+ Marvel show - by far.

She-Hulk I couldn't get into at all. Watched it, obv, but it didn't have the 'fun' that I've gotten from most Marvel stuff. I'm not a fan of 4th wall breaking (even though I did like the finale).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
What constitutes “preaching” for you in the context of such movies? Can you give a concrete example?
She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 1

"I'm great at controlling my anger. I do it all the time. When I'm catcalled in the street, when incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty much every day. Because if I don't, I will get called emotional, or difficult, or might just literally get murdered. So I'm an expert at controlling my anger, because I do it infinitely more than you. So all of this just feels like projecting a lot of $#!& onto me."

Kamikaze

That’s why I said (not well): they’re BOTH wrong.

I can…and do…call out crap thar doesn’t make me a bigot at all.

Both can be and are true.
I can watch anything well written and acted and love the hell out of it.

The mouth breather trolls you posted need to be eliminated.
Yeah I think we talked past each other on that one.

LittleBuford

Your asking questions you know can’t be answered here without deleted posts and a ban from the thread.
You know what people are talking about stop pretending to be clueless.
I don’t play games. When I ask such questions, I do so because I don’t want to jump to my own conclusions, and I am often surprised by the answers I get.

Last edited:

Touchdown

"I'm great at controlling my anger. I do it all the time. When I'm catcalled in the street, when incompetent men explain my own area of expertise to me. I do it pretty much every day. Because if I don't, I will get called emotional, or difficult, or might just literally get murdered. So I'm an expert at controlling my anger, because I do it infinitely more than you. So all of this just feels like projecting a lot of $#!& onto me."
And, you don’t think that’s a legitimate response a female in a high salary traditional male dominated job would say? I hate to tell you but that’s a legitimate thing I see all the time in real life happen to my colleagues, the fact you think this is preaching says a lot.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

Yeah, but the thing about this is - its absolutely true for a significant portion of women. Shoving it in peoples faces might upset some, but this is reality for a lot of women. I realize its uncomfortable to have it 'preached' at you in an entertainment program, but they're not saying anything that's out of touch with reality.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Thank you. I don’t really understand how this is preaching. Perhaps the idea is that anything perceived as dealing with (or alluding to) real-life social issues is deemed to be unappealing to general audiences. That’s a shame in my opinion.

Disstevefan1

I watched She-hulk, it was silly and funny, but NOT worth the 25 million per episode. For 9 episodes that’s 225 million dollars.

If they were going to throw away 225 million dollars they should have invested in the parks.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom