Bob Iger "I don't think Figment is going anywhere any time soon, I promise"

MerlinTheGoat

That worries me that it may end up actually being a Wonders of Life situation. Sounds like the plans to close it are definitive, but the plans for its replacement are not entirely decided on. With the way things change in the company, I don't see how a permanent closure is altogether impossible. Plans or not.

BTW, not saying I distrust Lee or 74, I do. But I just realize that plans can change in the company at any moment. And with next gen possibly being a major disaster financially, I could see them taking a hatchet to theme park investment in the future.

MerlinTheGoat

^I wouldn't be surprised if for many of the D23 goers, that was their first "ride" on the original Imagination. The good version. Some there may have even been unaware there was once a version of the ride that didn't suck.

There's some pretty good and seemingly high quality footage in there. Too bad we can't get a direct feed version of that so Martin can work his usual magic with it. :p

Admiral01

Premium Member
I just have this feeling that its going to "Operate Seasonally"

Man, that is a terrifying thought. Imagination has such promise...but then again, so did Wonders of Life. A high quality re-do of Imagination would really further the whole feeling of Future World.

TT 2.0 and the first half of SSE, combined with The Land's consistent high quality-ness, have helped EPCOT, but give us an Imagination like the quality and heart of the original and EPCOT is a big step closer to being back on track.

PhotoDave219

Man, that is a terrifying thought. Imagination has such promise...but then again, so did Wonders of Life. A high quality re-do of Imagination would really further the whole feeling of Future World.

TT 2.0 and the first half of SSE, combined with The Land's consistent high quality-ness, have helped EPCOT, but give us an Imagination like the quality and heart of the original and EPCOT is a big step closer to being back on track.

We're going to disagree on Tron Track.

Figments Friend

You know Baxter said something weird during his D23 presentation.

Around the 49 minute mark....what is he talking about? The other guy on stage just stays completly motionless and kinda briefly nods afterwards.

Nice presentation ...enjoyed the JII segment..and Tony's comment in question was a sly nudge. Love it. The 'School of Drama' footage was hilarious....Tony was just a kid back then !

Glad to see he received two standing ovations afterwards when his MS Window was announced.

Figments Friend

Sure seems like they're really pushing Dreamfinder at D23 though. I'd be more excited if they hadn't done this already a few years ago at the WDW event, but it does make one wonder whether they're planning something...

I would not read too much into that.
The reason for the seemingly 'big presence' of Dreamfinder at D23 this year is more likely because of Tony's award ceremony.
Also i will admit that i believe it is also because Disney learned in the past that it creates positive buzz with the fans.
Remember how excited people were when Dreamfinder appeared for the first time at a D23 Con?
It gets people in attendence all jazzed up and toasty warm on nostalgic memories of the past.

Disney are experts when it comes to using nostalgia to sell product or tickets to venues.
Dreamfinder has proven to be a valuable commodity lately since it has been made obvious fans truly embrace this part of the past.
Disney sees this as something to exploit , dare i say it, for the primary purpose of positive publicity.

Folks adore these characters from the original attraction for a good reason.
Currant management of the Company seems to have yet to figure out WHAT exactly that reason was...which is sad.

Tony points the way, but gets ignored.

It gives one the impression that over the last few years of his full time position status he was seen as more of a 'relic of the past' in there eyes.
He is appreciated when they feel that he fits into peddling their nostalgia angle, but when he tries to wake them up to what they are missing, or even challenges their currant decisions ( bless his heart..) they choose to ignore his interaction.

I am glad Dreamfinder was back at D23. I don't mind his presence at all.
It is rather nice to have him there this year.

He is never really all that far away anyway...'..never far away, when you use your imagination...'

HMF

I would not read too much into that.
The reason for the seemingly 'big presence' of Dreamfinder at D23 this year is more likely because of Tony's award ceremony.
Also i will admit that i believe it is also because Disney learned in the past that it creates positive buzz with the fans.
Remember how excited people were when Dreamfinder appeared for the first time at a D23 Con?
It gets people in attendence all jazzed up and toasty warm on nostalgic memories of the past.

Disney are experts when it comes to using nostalgia to sell product or tickets to venues.
Dreamfinder has proven to be a valuable commodity lately since it has been made obvious fans truly embrace this part of the past.
Disney sees this as something to exploit , dare i say it, for the primary purpose of positive publicity.

Folks adore these characters from the original attraction for a good reason.
Currant management of the Company seems to have yet to figure out WHAT exactly that reason was...which is sad.

Tony points the way, but gets ignored.

It gives one the impression that over the last few years of his full time position status he was seen as more of a 'relic of the past' in there eyes.
He is appreciated when they feel that he fits into peddling their nostalgia angle, but when he tries to wake them up to what they are missing, or even challenges their currant decisions ( bless his heart..) they choose to ignore his interaction.

I am glad Dreamfinder was back at D23. I don't mind his presence at all.
It is rather nice to have him there this year.

He is never really all that far away anyway...'..never far away, when you use your imagination...'

The real question here is are they planning to capitalize on this by restoring Dreamfinder to the attraction or is this just more nostalgia for the sake of it.

Figments Friend

Advisers advice is generally taken with the same disdain as unsolicited attraction ideas submitted by fanbois.
True in many cases, and the track record over the last few years has shown the folks upstairs have little interest in his imput which depresses on several levels.

Still, even his lightest touch can only be a good thing...

alphac2005

If what I'm hearing is accurate, the ride's closure is not in anticipation that work will begin anytime soon.
Supposedly they are taking it offline way early in order to simply not have to worry about keeping it open until work does start...eventually.

So, you're trying to say that we'll be paying more for even less at Epcot? Imagine that based on their track record. Ugh.

danv3

If what I'm hearing is accurate, the ride's closure is not in anticipation that work will begin anytime soon.
Supposedly they are taking it offline way early in order to simply not have to worry about keeping it open until work does start...eventually.

Shameful but yet wholly unsurprising.

matt9112

We're going to disagree on Tron Track.

oh Dave...Dave....you would rather have some fuzzy 80s feeling dust infested..edition of road and track? i mean really Dave? the old Que was horrible...because i want to walk through an engine warehouse after stepping out of my delorian because i had to travel back in time just to see that junk! and than i want to avoid trucks and cones because i cant do that....on I4? we could argue the attraction as a whole but to try and argue the old version is better is laughable....at least i cant see all the "tron" stuff and the edgey feeling stuff on I-4 the new Que looks so clean and smooth....not some collection of crap with flashing yellow lights.

PhotoDave219

oh Dave...Dave....you would rather have some fuzzy 80s feeling dust infested..edition of road and track? i mean really Dave? the old Que was horrible...because i want to walk through an engine warehouse after stepping out of my delorian because i had to travel back in time just to see that junk! and than i want to avoid trucks and cones because i cant do that....on I4? we could argue the attraction as a whole but to try and argue the old version is better is laughable....at least i cant see all the "tron" stuff and the edgey feeling stuff on I-4 the new Que looks so clean and smooth....not some collection of crap with flashing yellow lights.

And yes, I prefered the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom