Bob Iger "I don't think Figment is going anywhere any time soon, I promise"

DCLcruiser

Why not make the Imagination pavilion about Imagineering? That would be such an easy tie-in. Of course include Figment. I still have my Figment doll backpack from the 90s.

Captain Neo

I think this is my favorite picture ever:

BRVm7G2CMAE0RTs.jpg:large

bluelobster

Make no mistake: Personally, I'll believe they're actually doing work on that pavilion the day the work actually starts. That said, the last few weeks of rumors and especially after today have left me more optimistic than usual that might actually do something worthwhile with the space, and do it sooner than later.

"More than usual" still isn't entirely optimistic, but it isn't as pessimistic anymore either.

Captain Neo

I think Bob Iger is really confused:
Bob Iger said:
He’s known and loved by some of Disney’s most ardent fans as the guy who gave the world Figment and Dreamfinder,” Bob said. “We found out just how important these two characters are to people just a few years ago when they disappeared during the renovation of theJourney Into Imagination pavilion. For a while there, anytime I spoke with fans—at Shareholder meetings or anywhere else—I could always count on someone asking where Figment went, what we had done with him, and when we were going to give him back. Well, we’re happy to have him back in the attraction—it’s now called Journey Into Imagination with FIGMENT. So I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

LMAO

Tony started on a comic note, as well. “When are we bringing Dreamfinder back?” he quipped, turning to Bob, before explaining some of the keys to his success. “Whenever I think what I want to do next, it’s the child in me looking for the next challenge.

tl77

I think Bob Iger is really confused:

He’s known and loved by some of Disney’s most ardent fans as the guy who gave the world Figment and Dreamfinder,” Bob said. “We found out just how important these two characters are to people just a few years ago when they disappeared during the renovation of theJourney Into Imagination pavilion. For a while there, anytime I spoke with fans—at Shareholder meetings or anywhere else—I could always count on someone asking where Figment went, what we had done with him, and when we were going to give him back. Well, we’re happy to have him back in the attraction—it’s now called Journey Into Imagination with FIGMENT. So I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
LMAO

Was this part of Bob Iger's introduction of Tony Baxter at the Disney Legends ceremony?

tl77

yea. It's the front page article when you go to the official D23 Expo site right now

I just found on there, and I like Baxter's response

Tony started on a comic note, as well. “When are we bringing Dreamfinder back?” he quipped, turning to Bob, before explaining some of the keys to his success.

MerlinTheGoat

I guess it's just me...
I have absolutely no interest in seeing Dreamfinder again anywhere. No appeal whatsoever.
Figment....eh...whatever. Him I can deal with.

As for the pavilion...yeah...it's gonna change. To what? I have no clue.
Yeah I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree involving Dreamfinder. I love the guy and liken him to a Merlin type of wise old man mentor figure. Like everything about him, his design, his clothes, his voice and everything.

I'm willing to be open minded about what they choose to do with it though as long as there's quality involved. That's my primary worry, I just have a difficult time seeing them creating anything that even lives up to the original attraction, let alone ends up being better. But I also hope they don't use any franchises like P&F. Something either like the first version of the ride or something different and original. As long as it's good.

Sure seems like they're really pushing Dreamfinder at D23 though. I'd be more excited if they hadn't done this already a few years ago at the WDW event, but it does make one wonder whether they're planning something...

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree involving Dreamfinder. I love the guy and liken him to a Merlin type of wise old man mentor figure. Like everything about him, his design, his clothes, his voice and everything.
Eh..to each his own. I actually actively dislike him.
Sure seems like they're really pushing Dreamfinder at D23 though. I'd be more excited if they hadn't done this already a few years ago at the WDW event, but it does make one wonder whether they're planning something...
Having no clue about what will eventually happen in Imagination, I'm inclined to believe that they just trotted that pair out to stir up the fans and to prey on their nostalgia. Like the orange bird. Yawn.

MerlinTheGoat

We'll see what happens. If they're going to close the pavilion in January, will they be starting construction on the new version of the ride immediately? Or are they going to keep it shuttered for a while while they figure out what to do with it? I'm guessing if they start the redo immediately then we may know what they have planned around that time or before as well.

Lee

Adventurer
We'll see what happens. If they're going to close the pavilion in January, will they be starting construction on the new version of the ride immediately? Or are they going to keep it shuttered for a while while they figure out what to do with it? I'm guessing if they start the redo immediately then we may know what they have planned around that time or before as well.
If what I'm hearing is accurate, the ride's closure is not in anticipation that work will begin anytime soon.
Supposedly they are taking it offline way early in order to simply not have to worry about keeping it open until work does start...eventually.

yensidtlaw1969

If what I'm hearing is accurate, the ride's closure is not in anticipation that work will begin anytime soon.
Supposedly they are taking it offline way early in order to simply not have to worry about keeping it open until work does start...eventually.
"Wow, this definitely sounds like the actions of a company that prides itself on being Number One in the industry!"

. . . said no one, ever.

DizFiz

I feel kind of weird actual being happy at was Iger said for once.... hopefully his words follow through.... I would be in heaven if the Dreamfinder and Figment reunite in the Imagination pavillion :) but then again I've seen Disney fall short of their word...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom