Bob Iger "I don't think Figment is going anywhere any time soon, I promise"

Nemo14

I have trouble believing Bob
I suppose you feel the same way about A-Rod....
paranoid.gif

Goofywilliam

Obviously the disney company has not completely forgotten about figment and the imagination pavilion. Just look at the name of the imagineering exhibit at the d23 expo, journey into imagineering. this is most likely a spoof of journey into imagination, the pavilion. Correct me if im wrong but I also believe that the imagination pavilion music appears in the pre show. Could this be a hint from WDI?

PeterAlt

Sorry I meant 49 minute mark. The start of the Imagination segment
He was either talking about the current catastrophe or a future project we're not supposed to know about. Both could make sense in the context of what he said. "I won't get into that" meaning "what a mess it's become" or "I'm not supposed to talk about future projects".

Mr Bill

Obviously the disney company has not completely forgotten about figment and the imagination pavilion. Just look at the name of the imagineering exhibit at the d23 expo, journey into imagineering. this is most likely a spoof of journey into imagination, the pavilion. Correct me if im wrong but I also believe that the imagination pavilion music appears in the pre show. Could this be a hint from WDI?
I doubt it's supposed to be a hint of any sort. It's more likely that it's just fanservice from WDI.

bluelobster

Just before he backpedals into not talking about it, he mentions that the characters (plural) will grow on you, future tense, " from this, maybe from what happens later." Again, future tense, referencing something yet to *maybe* occur that would endear fans not familiar with the original iterations of the characters.

Does it mean an Imagination re-do is definitely for sure happening? Absolutely not. Plans and priorities at Disney change daily. Even before he walks it back he uses the word "maybe". That said, would I be willing to wager some idea has been pitched to Disney brass for the Imagination space involving Dreamfinder and Figment, probably relatively recently? Absolutely.

FWIW: Nothing happens in a bubble, and there's been a disproportionate amount of chatter about that pavilion space and the classic ride lately to completely ignore, even if what exists now are a few slips of the tongue and enough rumors to build a thousand Imagination pavilions.

Kuhio

FWIW: Nothing happens in a bubble, and there's been a disproportionate amount of chatter about that pavilion space and the classic ride lately to completely ignore, even if what exists now are a few slips of the tongue and enough rumors to build a thousand Imagination pavilions.

What's ironic is the fact that the Imagination pavilion has done the most to inspire guests to use their imaginations... by imagining the countless different ways that a new attraction could be better than what's there now.
laugh2.gif

Captain Neo

Just before he backpedals into not talking about it, he mentions that the characters (plural) will grow on you, future tense, " from this, maybe from what happens later." Again, future tense, referencing something yet to *maybe* occur that would endear fans not familiar with the original iterations of the characters.

Does it mean an Imagination re-do is definitely for sure happening? Absolutely not. Plans and priorities at Disney change daily. Even before he walks it back he uses the word "maybe". That said, would I be willing to wager some idea has been pitched to Disney brass for the Imagination space involving Dreamfinder and Figment, probably relatively recently? Absolutely.

Well there has been a plan to substantially redo the pavillion since late '06/early '07 Jim Hill reported about it as did others on this site including Martin. It remained a low priority for Disney and stuff like Living Seas refurb, etc. kept using up the budget that was going to go towards the overhaul. Maybe they decided to get serious about it now? I dunno. I hope so I want something really creative and cutting edge but that's also faithful to the original with a Dreamfinder and Figment that behave like 80s Dreamfinder and Figment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom