Boat ride might not be happening after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

...............what?

Did you even read the OP? I was reporting on what I was told by WDI themselves combined with my speculation and that was very clear in the OP.
Alright then, lets just call this a draw. I can't seem to spell right and you got us worked up over the boat. I can't believe I actually wrote *April's* Fools Day. Ugh.

But seriously, I totally believe you. I find it somewhat odd that the Imagineers present, were not adequately equipped to answer your relatively simple questions.

I'm concerned it's going to be phased because the reps on the show floor sure as heck didnt want to talk about it and even Rhode was very vague as if it was a blue sky concept. The boat ride should have been finalied and already under construction. The only reason I can see a justification in delaying it is if it has lots of content from the Avatar sequels that Cameron is trying to keep under wraps until the films debut.
Um no, Avatarland *cannot* be phased, it simply can't. Avatarland should be completed and unveiled in its entirety.

Also, Avatar 2 is scheduled to be released on Christmas Day of 2017, so I am expecting the grand opening of Avatarland to be pushed into early 2018. It doesn't make sense for this land to open before the movie.

I totally agree that Flight of Passage is an E ticket, that is quite evident. IGN Entertainment, which is an online authority in the coverage of movies and video games recently described Flight of Passage as the 'centerpiece' of Avatarland and indeed, an E ticket.

"In terms of rides, the centerpiece will be Avatar Flight of Passage, a simulated flight through Pandora on the back of a Banshee. According to Disney, this E-ticket attraction will "give guests a birds-eye view of the beauty and grandeur of the world of Pandora on an aerial rite of passage."

James Cameron said the technology for Flight of Passage is, “So advanced that you feel you’re flying. You literally feel like you’re flying. I know you’ve heard that with other rides before, but this is on whole other level.” - IGN

PhotoDave219

Alright then, lets just call this a draw. I can't seem to spell right and you got us worked up over the boat. I can't believe I actually wrote *April's* Fools Day. Ugh.

But seriously, I totally believe you. I find it somewhat odd that the Imagineers present, were not adequately equipped to answer your relatively simple questions.

Um no, Avatarland *cannot* be phased, it simply can't. Avatarland should be completed and unveiled in its entirety.

Also, Avatar 2 is scheduled to be released on Christmas Day of 2017, so I am expecting the grand opening of Avatarland to be pushed into early 2018. It doesn't make sense for this land to open before the movie.

I totally agree that Flight of Passage is an E ticket, that is quite evident. IGN Entertainment, which is an online authority in the coverage of movies and video games recently described Flight of Passage as the 'centerpiece' of Avatarland and indeed, an E ticket.

"In terms of rides, the centerpiece will be Avatar Flight of Passage, a simulated flight through Pandora on the back of a Banshee. According to Disney, this E-ticket attraction will "give guests a birds-eye view of the beauty and grandeur of the world of Pandora on an aerial rite of passage."

James Cameron said the technology for Flight of Passage is, “So advanced that you feel you’re flying. You literally feel like you’re flying. I know you’ve heard that with other rides before, but this is on whole other level.” - IGN

I believe today's lesson is "Consider the source."

If they're known for giving reliable and credible information, its likely they know what they're talking about.

If they're known for being an instigating and argumentative troublemaker, well..... likely they're looking for attention.

Captain Neo

Original Poster

If they're known for giving reliable and credible information, its likely they know what they're talking about.

If they're known for being an instigating and argumentative troublemaker, well..... likely they're looking for attention.

I really hope your not talking about me

Siren

I believe he was genuine, so I give him the benefit of the doubt and you should too.

I really hope your not talking about me
Of course not, he's really talking about me, lol. This is clearly a case of misguided anger and frustration, so don't sweat it.

Disneyhead'71

Disney has also called 7DMTan E Ticket.

Siren

Disney has also called 7DMTan E Ticket.
This E ticket thing is so unfair. I know that the *experts* have stated otherwise, but I regard 7DMT as an E ticket.

9hlxdu.jpg

2m6280h.jpg

7DMT is detailed to the max, everything from the exquisite woodwork - the craftsmanship - the waterfall - the unique swaying cars - the dark ride portion with glowing gems - the singing animatronics, the final cottage scene and of course the amazing interactive queue -- all of it is E ticket quality. And, the length of 7DMT is 2 1/2 minutes the same duration as Space Mountain.

I would have liked to see an additional level for the dark ride portion but it's not enough for me to downgrade the entire experience.

James Cameron is a mad perfectionist and Joe Rohde is exceptionally gifted. Under Cameron's leadership, Disney Imagineers are finally free to create and innovate since they are not held bound to Disney's penny pinching restrictions and other limitations, that would otherwise be imposed upon them. This is part of why I am so excited about Avatarland.

Flight of Passage will be an E ticket.

Disneyhead'71

This E ticket thing is so unfair. I know that the *experts* have stated otherwise, but I regard 7DMT as an E ticket.

9hlxdu.jpg

2m6280h.jpg

7DMT is detailed to the max, everything from the exquisite woodwork - the craftsmanship - the waterfall - the unique swaying cars - the dark ride portion with glowing gems - the singing animatronics, the final cottage scene and of course the amazing interactive queue -- all of it is E ticket quality. And, the length of 7DMT is 2 1/2 minutes the same duration as Space Mountain.

I would have liked to see an additional level for the dark ride portion but it's not enough for me to downgrade the entire experience.

James Cameron is a mad perfectionist and Joe Rohde is exceptionally gifted. Under Cameron's leadership, Disney Imagineers are finally free to create and innovate since they are not held bound to Disney's penny pinching restrictions and other limitations, that would otherwise be imposed upon them. This is part of why I am so excited about Avatarland.

Flight of Passage will be an E ticket.
Most of what you described is "Disney Quality", not "E Ticket".

ToTBellHop

Most of what you described is "Disney Quality", not "E Ticket".
Exactly. Space Mountain is the opposite. An E ticket that is no longer up to Disney quality. Haunted Mansion is both still-Disney quality and an E ticket (pay no attention to the queue).

ToTBellHop

Wait - how long have we been talking about this land? This seems to be forever.
Since the movie came out and each and every one of us started demanding that they build Pandora at DAK. Don't you remember the petitions and the letters we all sent to Iger begging for Pandora and insisting that it would be a perfect fit for DAK and not DHS? You were around back in 2009.

disney4life2008

Since the movie came out and each and every one of us started demanding that they build Pandora at DAK. Don't you remember the petitions and the letters we all sent to Iger begging for Pandora and insisting that it would be a perfect fit for DAK and not DHS? You were around back in 2009.

I have been around since 2008 (correction 2007). And this land has been going on forever...

Mawg

The boat ride is confirmed but did it bother anyone else how little they hyped it. They kept saying "you're going to get to ride a banshee" but only a little girl stated "I got to ride a Canoe" and Joe said something to the point of there will be a boat ride that is always at night that the whole family can enjoy. They really seemed to de-emphasize the importance of the boat ride, something that I'm most looking forward too. I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be delayed or it's not going to live up to my expectations.

Marlins1

I share your concern. I want an E ticket boat ride on opening day but if I had to bet right now it will be a D ticket with a ten month delay.

misterID

The boat ride is confirmed but did it bother anyone else how little they hyped it. They kept saying "you're going to get to ride a banshee" but only a little girl stated "I got to ride a Canoe" and Joe said something to the point of there will be a boat ride that is always at night that the whole family can enjoy. They really seemed to de-emphasize the importance of the boat ride, something that I'm most looking forward too. I'm starting to wonder if it is going to be delayed or it's not going to live up to my expectations.

Right now it feels like Pandora meets The Land. Hopefully the boat ride has a little excitement, like a drop, but I'm hoping the set pieces are pretty mind blowing on their own.

doctornick

Right now it feels like Pandora meets The Land. Hopefully the boat ride has a little excitement, like a drop, but I'm hoping the set pieces are pretty mind blowing on their own.

I hope the boat ride has as little excitement as possible actually. DAK really needs rides that are calm and sedate -- basically every ride except Triceratops Spin (even the safari) has some element of thrill or bumpiness -- and the park could use rides that are a contrast with that. I hope that the boat ride blows us away with the scenes, music, ambiance, but that the thrill level is minimal to non-existent. People can go on Flight of Passage if they want more thrills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom