Boat ride might not be happening after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt

For what reason would the cancel the boat ride?

Not wanting to spend money?

If so, why would they not want to spend money?

Lastly, would James Cameron be okay with them not building everything to the specification they agreed with him?
This has been proven incorrect. Nothing to see here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Lastly, would James Cameron be okay with them not building everything to the specification they agreed with him?

These questions don't need an answer because it has not been canceled.

MerlinTheGoat

I think we can assume that at the present time the boat ride is still happening. Unless Joe Rohde, Cameron and the other imagineers are perpetuating false information that is. The boat ride was mentioned during the D23 presentation on Avatar Land.

But had it been cut, money would indeed have been the reason. It has occurred before on projects, including Avatar Land (a third ride was originally pitched but slashed for budget reasons). I don't know if James Cameron could do anything or not if he was unhappy with the project. Depends on whether he signed some sort of non disclosure agreement or something that prevented him from disparaging it. Either way though, it sounds like the boat is safe.

RSoxNo1

I'm still not convinced the boat ride will be opening at the same time as the rest of the land, but it certainly hasn't been cancelled. I can see it being delayed.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Surveys have shown that people will spend $150/hour to visit WDW even if it consisted of naught but one attraction wherein a giant bucket of diarrhea was dumped on your head, so pretty much everything has been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom