Blizzard Beach temporarily closed due to capacity (23 Jul 12:30pm)

EPCOTPluto

:eek: Is it that time of year again? When tour groups collide with Northern & foreign visitors & native Floridians?

Still say I'm glad to return around August...

ToTBellHop

:eek: Is it that time of year again? When tour groups collide with Northern & foreign visitors & native Floridians?

Still say I'm glad to return around August...
I would imagine the fact that BB had morning EMHs today contributed, too. Capacity seems to be a real issue for the WDW water parks during busy seasons. If only they had a small waterpark on property that could function as an over-fill during the Summer months and then close during the off season........maybe they could put it up near the Magic Kingdom so folks at the MK Resorts would have a nearby waterpark....

SCRacerX70

I would imagine the fact that BB had morning EMHs today contributed, too. Capacity seems to be a real issue for the WDW water parks during busy seasons. If only they had a small waterpark on property that could function as an over-fill during the Summer months and then close during the off season........maybe they could put it up near the Magic Kingdom so folks at the MK Resorts would have a nearby waterpark....

uhhh, River Country ring a bell?

EPCOTPluto

uhhh, River Country ring a bell?
:rolleyes: Please, that's old news. :lol: How about this:

PirateWaterAdvSMALL.jpg

It could work still...

And welcome to the boards! :wave:

dandaman

If only they had a small waterpark on property that could function as an over-fill during the Summer months and then close during the off season........maybe they could put it up near the Magic Kingdom so folks at the MK Resorts would have a nearby waterpark....

Subtle. :lol:

WDW1974

River Country never should have been closed. Period. End of story.

It may not have had the bells and whistles of TL and BB, but that was part of its charm.

And funny, but I don't recall days when it was open (post BB opening in 1995) when you had all three fill in one day.

Now, it's a common thing for both TL and BB to fill in summer or spring break.

_Scar

River Country was closed because it wasn't healthy to swim in Bay Lake. I don't think that is an easy problem to fix.

luvlifeinfl

River Country was closed because it wasn't healthy to swim in Bay Lake. I don't think that is an easy problem to fix.

What I have read & gathered is this-

Several possible reasons for the park's closing have been suggested by fans. One is that there wasn't a need for this park due to the other two larger water parks on Disney property (which had more slides) and increased competition from other water parks in the area. Another is that bacteria from Bay Lake was reportedly contaminating River Country's water. Yet another is that this water park's lake was unheated, and was very cold outside the summer months. It was commented by a Disney employee that a contributing reason for the closing was new state rules concerning water parks. Pools and water activities must have their water originating from municipal water systems, not natural bodies of water. Water snakes were also said to have been a problem.

BuzzComplexCM

Well, whatever the reason for River Country closing, it is a damn shame. My fiancee and I took a boat out on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon on Tuesday and drove by River Country. It was sad to see how it is has deteriorated over the years since it has closed. I would have taken a few snapshots, but we left the camera in a locker. Also, Discovery Island looks like pretty cool with everything all grown up on it and covered in birds. I would like to explore both of these areas if given the chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom