Big Ball wand hate? Why?

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Okay I have to ask, why all the hate on the Epcot wand? I just completed my first trip to WDW. I like the wand. So please enlighten me and share why all the hate on the wand?

Wilt Dasney

The wand kills kittens and sells their sweet little dead faces to terrorists, so the terrorists can lure children into their terror rings with cute little kitten faces, then force the children to be mini-terrorists.

The wand is eeeeeeeevil. :fork:

slappy magoo

From what I gather, Epcot was originally supposed to be a place where the presence of the characters was somewhat muted. So having Mickey's hand holding a wand over Spaceship Earth, cartoony and kinda cheap looking dwarfing what is supposed to be a symbol for some of Walt's most inspired hopes for the future, is kinda like someone constructing a giant "You are Here!" arrow pointing towards the Sphinx.

Laura

Premium Member
Okay I have to ask, why all the hate on the Epcot wand? I just completed my first trip to WDW. I like the wand. So please enlighten me and share why all the hate on the wand?

With the wand there's 3 possible opinions:
-you like it
-you don't like it
-you don't care

The problem is, people can't accept that anyone can have any opinion other than the one they have. So if someone doesn't like the wand and someone else does, then they feel the need to argue about it rather than just accept that different people like different things.

Wand or no wand, Epcot still rocks.

*waits for 25 people to reply and state emphatically why they do or do not like the wand*

*is entirely sick of this topic*

:D

(Oooh look, there's an emphatic opinion right above me! So predictable!)

Wilt Dasney

-you like it
-you don't like it
-you don't care

The problem is, people can't accept that anyone can have any opinion other than the one they have.

If you have the third opinion (like me), you can. :lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
-you like it
-you don't like it
-you don't care

The problem is, people can't accept that anyone can have any opinion other than the one they have. So if someone doesn't like the wand and someone else does, then they feel the need to argue about it rather than just accept that different people like different things.

Wand or no wand, Epcot still rocks.

*waits for 25 people to reply and state emphatically why they do or do not like the wand*

*is entirely sick of this topic*

:D

(Oooh look, there's an emphatic opinion right above me! So predictable!)
:ROFLOL:

well i guess we need to add to the list of things in public that are uncomfortable to talk about

S&X
Religion
Money
Race
Politics and now.....
The Wand

Wilt Dasney

I think anyone who objects to the phrase Big Ball should never again desecrate the majesty of the Studios landmark by calling it The Hat. :lookaroun

Laura

Premium Member
I think anyone who objects to the phrase Big Ball should never again desecrate the majesty of the Studios landmark by calling it The Hat. :lookaroun

That dam* hat is right in the way of the beautiful wannabe Chinese Theatre ride thingy. Tear it down! Away with the big hat! Hats, wands, gold stuff on the castle - OMG Disney sux! Away with Disney!

Wilt Dasney

That dam* hat is right in the way of the beautiful wannabe Chinese Theatre ride thingy. Tear it down! Away with the big hat! Hats, wands, gold stuff on the castle - OMG Disney sux! Away with Disney!

What they really oughtta do is just keep building the giant Mickey they've started. He has an arm on the Ball and some headgear in the Studios. Why not dangle one of his giant legs off the Tree and paste his giant freaky face on the front of the Castle?

It could be like a game. Find all the pieces of the giant dismembered Mickey. :)

Laura

Premium Member
What they really oughtta do is just keep building the giant Mickey they've started. He has an arm on the Ball and some headgear in the Studios. Why not dangle one of his giant legs off the Tree and paste his giant freaky face on the front of the Castle?

It could be like a game. Find all the pieces of the giant dismembered Mickey. :)

I have no reply to this. It's absurd.

And I have tears running down my face from laughing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom