Big Ball wand hate? Why?

Harry456

so what i can gather is that hardcore fan want EPCOT to be furturistic, but when someone added the wand to the equation which added a cartoon element to the place of the future hard people went nuts? thus refuse the opionoin of other's about the wand. expect theirs.

i wish you didn't say that because i remember freshman year of high school and we were at WDW because we were apart of the Band-Day (or ???). My friends are at EPCOT and we going to ride the SSE. being at WDW for 5 times now, i notice SSE had a special smell to it.
so, being an idoit i said, "*deep breath* awww, the smell of the big ball." D'OH!!! :ROFLOL:

sittle

My two sense...

IMO it's kinda like:
...replacing the Statue of Libertys' torch with a bottle of Coke or Pepsi.
...like permanently attaching a King Kong AA to the Empire State Building.
...like putting mouse ears on the Mona Lisa...
...Looney Tunes extreme....

It was a decision made by the marketing team. It's slanderous to the original designers vision. It's a black spot to the architectural community.

It's like mixing two genre's, sometimes it works (the Ramones covering Tom Waits "I don't want to grown up"), most times it's awkward and forced (50 cent covering Sharon Lois and Bram).

My opinion from the artistic side of things.

JimboJones123

present... i just dont want to get my ____ kicked by laura.

and Jmaxwell007 *smacks* laura for refering to the Tree of Life that way. :D

LOL, I'm really sorry that it hurts your feelings so, would you like me to send you some flowers??? Where I can't wait til they put up the Mile High Club....:lookaroun

Laura

Premium Member
Quick, everyone hurry up and get those wand opinions in, because this may be the last ever thread about the wand and you'll never have another chance to express for the 4282nd time why you do or don't like it!

Tim G

The wand kills kittens and sells their sweet little dead faces to terrorists, so the terrorists can lure children into their terror rings with cute little kitten faces, then force the children to be mini-terrorists.

The wand is eeeeeeeevil. :fork:

004.gif
004.gif
004.gif
004.gif
004.gif
004.gif
004.gif

Laura

Premium Member
What they really oughtta do is just keep building the giant Mickey they've started. He has an arm on the Ball and some headgear in the Studios. Why not dangle one of his giant legs off the Tree and paste his giant freaky face on the front of the Castle?

It could be like a game. Find all the pieces of the giant dismembered Mickey. :)

And you forgot, under the wand is his left testic....nevermind.

Frosty689

I personally do not like the wand or the silly marble slabs (leave a legacy). I believe that they take away from the over all awe-inspiring feel epcot used to have, although it is still there, its just not as overwhelming. The wand would be fine if Epcot was not trying 2 potray the future i suppose.

goofyfan13

Another wand hater here. Its a tacky structure put next to an engineering marvel. Enough said. It would be like putting a a giant billboard over a pyramid that reads, King Tuts Tomb, complete with glittery stars all over it...:hurl:

I think we need to start a thread that keeps count of how many wand threads keep popping up...:lol:

And not trying to be mean, but I have a hard time taking someone seriously when they call Spaceship Earth anything along the lines of, big ball, golf ball, etc..,

Laura

Premium Member
Another wand hater here. Its a tacky structure put next to an engineering marvel. Enough said. It would be like putting a a giant billboard over a pyramid that reads, King Tuts Tomb, complete with glittery stars all over it...:hurl:

I think we need to start a thread that keeps count of how many wand threads keep popping up...:lol:

And how many times the same people state their opinion of the wand over and over

and over

and over

and

over

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
LOL, I'm really sorry that it hurts your feelings so, would you like me to send you some flowers??? Where I can't wait til they put up the Mile High Club....:lookaroun
you are a strange bird. not sure i can translate this message from jimbo

Quick, everyone hurry up and get those wand opinions in, because this may be the last ever thread about the wand and you'll never have another chance to express for the 4282nd time why you do or don't like it!
this is evidence why Laura isnt a mod

:lol:

cmatt

ahhh the big ball and the big plant - wonderous feats of engineering...

oh, and the big HAND AND WAND is great ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom