Big Animal Kingdom E-ride

Terp02

I just looked at the photo jaylenofan86 posted and if the area in the lower left-hand corner is behind Camp M-M, then it seems way too small to build a land, but I'm not saying it can't be done. Come to think of it, it does make sense. Beastly Kindom does not need to be that big since there won't be any living animals there, whereas Australia would have living animals and would need the large amount of land. I'm hoping that I'm right, and that both sections of the park will be built up. I also feel that Disney is not going to start building anything until M:S is done, that way the Imangineers can fully concentrate on BK and/or Australia. I will probably be wrong, but I really do hope I'm right. So IMHO, if BK does get greenlighted, don't expect it to be built until, the earliest, late 2005, yet it will most likely be done April 2006 or 2007, since Disney loves opening things up in April.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Terp02
I just looked at the photo jaylenofan86 posted and if the area in the lower left-hand corner is behind Camp M-M, then it seems way too small to build a land, but I'm not saying it can't be done. Come to think of it, it does make sense. Beastly Kindom does not need to be that big since there won't be any living animals there, whereas Australia would have living animals and would need the large amount of land. I'm hoping that I'm right, and that both sections of the park will be built up. I also feel that Disney is not going to start building anything until M:S is done, that way the Imangineers can fully concentrate on BK and/or Australia. I will probably be wrong, but I really do hope I'm right. So IMHO, if BK does get greenlighted, don't expect it to be built until, the earliest, late 2005, yet it will most likely be done April 2006 or 2007, since Disney loves opening things up in April.

I agree with you...
BK in my opinion WILL be built...and it would NOT have to have a large footprint because of the lack of animals. (Although, I would love to see a live "unicorn" Disney would NOT exploit an animal to make money...(The rest of the animals live in a controlled NATURAL environment) Placing a horn on the head of a white horse is NOT exactly natural :)

I don't feel that WDI will wait for M:S to be completed before they start DESIGNING this area. There are plenty of Imagineers and they don't ALL focus on ONE project. Imagineers are assigned to certain projects and I believe that there are a large chunk of Imagineers ALREADY designing the LAND of NEVER WAS!

Terp02

I think the design is there for BK, I mean that once M:S is done the Imagineers will focus their attention on the building of BK itself. The Imagineers have had a design for BK for like 10 years now, now it's just when they will implement it.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Terp02
I think the design is there for BK, I mean that once M:S the Imagineers will focus their attention on the building of BK itself. The Imagineers have had a design for BK for like 10 years now, now it's just when they will implement it.

Ah ok...I get ya now :) Yes, I agree 100%

space42

And WDI never talks about anything that is not announced. So if you base your "facts" off what WDI is saying, you won't hear much until the ride opens.

They might not talk.. but they sure do whisper alot...

After all, where do you think many of the rumors come from?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Not Enough Land for Beastly Kingdom?

There's actually plenty of land for BK or whatever goes in that area. Disney has never let a road, a building, or anything else get in the way of a project. How many of you remember the old Frontierland Railroad station? It was removed to make way for Splash Mt. Of course that's just a little example. How about the new Beach Club Villas? They built many of those units over an existing canal. So none of you need to worry about space for BK. Disney will make space. As for Camp M/M, it was not in the original AK designs. In fact, I think the WDW Entertainment Division was asked to create The Festival of the Lion King, and the Pocohontas and her Friends shows as last minute additions to AK. Seemed the BIG money had run out, yet there were not enough attractions in AK, so Entertainment was approached to create some shows on a shoestring budget, and hence, you have Camp M/M. (Entertainment should be applauded for their fine creations.) If Camp M/M was removed for other attractions, the whole area could be incorporated into other areas of AK, (Lion King in Africa, meet and greets ANYWHERE, and Pocohontas,....well we don't have the American Wilderness represented yet, but if they wanted to keep the show, Disney would find a way.) Well, how's that for rambling? Anyway, I feel BIG things will be coming to that southwest corner of AK eventually. Let's all keep the positive thoughts going!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Just a little more...

As far as the design process for that corner of AK, I'm sure WDI has dozens of projects ready to go into that space as well as the rest of the World. Look at how many other idea's were designed years ago for DL and WDW that made there way to other parts of the world (Discoveryland at DLParis is one of those borrowed from DL as well as the Old Mill Ferris Wheel in Fantasyland at DLP).

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by space42

They might not talk.. but they sure do whisper alot...

After all, where do you think many of the rumors come from?

I do agree with that, but WeirdOne seems to think that he knows it all, or that he works for WDI. But the fact is that WDI does not talk about rides that are "on the drawing board".

WDWManic

Disney still has more than half thier land left. I think they can find enough room to make BK. They could proabably make 4 more parks proabably more.

pheneix

>>>WeirdOne seems to think that he knows it all<<<

What were you expecting from a guy named "WeirdOne"? [WeirdOne, you know I'm not being serious, right?]

Hell, what are you expecting from a guy like me who can't even spell "Phoenix" right? :D

ToTBellHop

Pocahontas would do well at Rafiki's PlanetWatch.

Regardless, this is the biggest park on the property, so disney could clear more land if need be...land isn't the issue; money is.

Justin

Well i do alot of Basic information on the parks and how they do this and i really wish Disney would get something big. But i know for sure that it wont be a mine train coaster... Because arrow develooped Thunder Mountain for them a while back and they wouldn't get another one. I have heard from a group of ACER's this weekend at Kings Dominion And Kings Island that This New coaster will be at least a B&M Invert. Even though estimated to be B&M's First Launch Inverted:hammer: :veryconfu

stagestar

Indy & Atlantis

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

I'm sorry that I come late a bit but I just had to add something to an earlier post:

Originally posted by Thrawn

Indiana Jones and the Search for Atlantis was trademarked by LucasArts a couple years ago.

"Indiana Jones and the Search for Atlantis" was used as the title (and also storyline) for the so far last Indiana Jones computer game in which users played Indy on the search for Atlantis (which they certainly found and where some additional action was taking place). Back then (several years ago) it was saied that the game could easily by transfered into a movie as the same techiques were used as for a movie, so they created a complete script and everything first.

Just to let you know.

Yours
Dirk

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Justin
Well i do alot of Basic information on the parks and how they do this and i really wish Disney would get something big. But i know for sure that it wont be a mine train coaster... Because arrow develooped Thunder Mountain for them a while back and they wouldn't get another one. I have heard from a group of ACER's this weekend at Kings Dominion And Kings Island that This New coaster will be at least a B&M Invert. Even though estimated to be B&M's First Launch Inverted:hammer: :veryconfu

Disney work with Bolliger and Mabillard? Doubtful...Disney is Vekoma (and Intamin)-crazy...and Arrow is out of the picture...I'm thinkin if it were an inverted coaster, disney would go with Intamin considering the fact that Vekoma SLCs are painful and Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerangs are unreliable.

Richy_roo

Mountain outside Magic Kingdom

Yes thers is a mountain in Walt Disney World - outside of the Magic Kingdom......

Typhoon Lagoon - Mount Mayday, on which the Miss Tilly sits...

Horizons_03

Originally posted by DogsRule!

Disney work with Bolliger and Mabillard? Doubtful...Disney is Vekoma (and Intamin)-crazy...and Arrow is out of the picture...I'm thinkin if it were an inverted coaster, disney would go with Intamin considering the fact that Vekoma SLCs are painful and Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerangs are unreliable.

I feel that Disney may someday work with Bolliger and Mabillard, if they were to do a flying coaster, that is like the Air or Superman at sixflags georgia, only because of a reliability stand point, because as we all know vekoma coasters have not had much reliability recently, especially with the new flying coasters and the Giant Inverted boomerang deja vu's. I feel that if disney were to go with a coaster that has lim's or lsm's (linear induction motors) to propel the trains, I would put money that they would have to go with Intamin, because they have been really reliable and they recently did the coaster at Disney's California adventure adn that was such a success.

I think bolliger and mabillard are great coasters, and i would like Disney to catch up on the coaster times, and maybe get one of these beautys, and since B+M offer such a range as far as ride concepts , they would be in my opinion the best choice for a next coaster to be built by.
Horizons_03

the_snow_prince

Pocahontas would do well at Rafiki's PlanetWatch.

Conserning the Pocahontas show, from what I can see, it was never ment to be permanent anyway and chances are good that if Poca leaves (no pun intended :lol:) it won't be missed very much. Poca has Fantasmic to hold it's place in the park. Maybe they could put a tonned down version of the show at Planet Watch, but it seems like too much work to move the whole show.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Re: Indy & Atlantis

Originally posted by stagestar
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

I'm sorry that I come late a bit but I just had to add something to an earlier post:

"Indiana Jones and the Search for Atlantis" was used as the title (and also storyline) for the so far last Indiana Jones computer game in which users played Indy on the search for Atlantis (which they certainly found and where some additional action was taking place). Back then (several years ago) it was saied that the game could easily by transfered into a movie as the same techiques were used as for a movie, so they created a complete script and everything first.

Just to let you know.

Yours
Dirk

Right, I know that. I should have made it clearer that it was set aside as Lucas' property to use it as a movie title. That is, "Search for Atlantis" is owned by Lucas, and other movies can't use it. I did play the SfA game, and I didn't think it was that great plotwise. I hope Indy 4 isn't based on it. (Mostly because it wasn't worked on by Lucas and Speilburg personally)

ToTBellHop

But, Disney HATES Bolliger and Mabillard...Intamin or Vekoma would be much more willing than B&M to let Disney kinda tell them what to build. Don't forget that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a Vekoma coaster that uses LIMs and it is VERY reliable. It'd probably come down to who can give the better deal...but Intamin AG did make Volcano: The Blast Coaster and they do have those nifty impulse coasters...so they have done the most work with inverted coasters with LIMs...and their coasters are far smoother than Vekoma's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom