Big Animal Kingdom E-ride

Horizons_03

Originally posted by DogsRule!
But, Disney HATES Bolliger and Mabillard...Intamin or Vekoma would be much more willing than B&M to let Disney kinda tell them what to build. Don't forget that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is a Vekoma coaster that uses LIMs and it is VERY reliable. It'd probably come down to who can give the better deal...but Intamin AG did make Volcano: The Blast Coaster and they do have those nifty impulse coasters...so they have done the most work with inverted coasters with LIMs...and their coasters are far smoother than Vekoma's.

I will have to agree with you on , that because When i look at Duelling dragons or the Incredible Hulk costers, there is not much themeing on the ride, except for the que line. , but disney likes themeing allover the whole place , inclduing the ride, and the que line. Your probbably righth they would go with Intamin for an inverted coaster, but i wonder what they would do if they wanted a flying coaster, because Vekoma, is very smooth on there sitdown coasters but not there SLC's and the harness for ther flying dutchman feel insecure sometimes. So i think they would only go with B+M for a flying coaster, and going with intamin for anyother type of coaster.

Horizons_03

ToTBellHop

I don't see Disney getting a flying coaster...they are very intense...a flying coaster is the only ride I have ever felt nausious on...

pheneix

>>>a flying coaster is the only ride I have ever felt nausious on<<<

Was that a Vekoma or a B&M coaster? Vekoma's are extremely intense, and place an emphasis on loops. However, a B&M is relatively mild, and places more emphasis on making you feel like your flying. They recently just opened one at Six Flags over Georgia.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I may be completely, horribly, utterly alone on this, but a roller coaster in Animal Kingdom just doesn't fit for me. I remember when I first heard about AK I thought it sounded a bit boring, but after going, I found that I really enjoyed the peaceful setting and mood. Much different and more relaxed than any other theme park I have ever attended.

Now admittedly Countdown to Extinction was a thrill ride, but, by being tucked away in it's own building so you couldn't see or hear the actual ride, it didn't disrupt the atmosphere.

Call me an old ________, but there are several places I can ride coasters within a short drive of my home, and even at Disney world there are coasters (if you count Test Track) at all the other parks.

I would be a bit more open to a coaster as part of Beastly Kingdom or some other seperate, fantasy section, but if they plop something in Asia, it's going to begin to ruin the experience for me.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Just so you know, the blanked out word in the above post was a four letter word for a bodily funtion that starts with a "P" and ends with a "P". I don't want anyone thinking I have a filthy mouth, but it seems the filter on this board has a hair trigger.

Lord Alfred

Stagestar: "Indiana Jones and the Search for Atlantis" was used as the title (and also storyline) for the so far last Indiana Jones computer game in which users played Indy on the search for Atlantis"

Incorrect. The last Indiana Jones computer game was called Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. It was a 3D action-adventure game in the Tomb Raider vein. But that's not really on topic.

I personally believe that AK NEEDS more stuff to do. I love the animals and the displays but the small amount of attractions combined with a poor layout crowds everyone into the walkways making it feel more crowded than any other park with similar attendance. I would prefer that the new coaster be placed in a whole new area that would help spread folks out. I would also hope that the ride, whatever it is, be partially enclosed and heavily themed. The thing about Disney is that roller coasters are okay as long as they are at least partially enclosed and have a "dark ride" element. It would not even have to be a coaster. Perhaps something based on the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride system where you go underground and meet up with many fantastic animals, including the "Reign of Fire" dragons.

As far as whether it "belongs" in the park is entirely up to theming and design. A well themed and designed thrill-ride would be perfectly fine with me. If the thought of large action attractions in the nature-oriented park bothers you, I'm afraid that went out with Kali River Rapids. I think they always planned it to be a full park with several rides, etc. Otherwise it would have just been a gussied-up Discovery Island.

Nightwing

Bring on the Rides!!!!!!!! I also like the "look" of AK, but it also needs attractions to make it a full park. I never go to the live shows at any of the parks. I'm there to ride and look at the Great Disney theming.

ToTBellHop

I'm rather skeptical about the Screamscape rumor. It's fun to talk about, but I could think of a better way to spend the money...I don't want to see Animal Kingdom turn into Disney's twist on Busch Gardens. I still say Beastlie will be the next area to be built, and I, for one, do not want to see anything else built at the same time. Why? Because that would eat away at Beastlie's budget. By the way, it was a Vekoma Flying Dutchman coaster...as for B&M...you already know my views of them...

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lord Alfred
Stagestar: "Indiana Jones and the Search for Atlantis" was used as the title (and also storyline) for the so far last Indiana Jones computer game in which users played Indy on the search for Atlantis"

Incorrect. The last Indiana Jones computer game was called Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine. It was a 3D action-adventure game in the Tomb Raider vein. But that's not really on topic.

I personally believe that AK NEEDS more stuff to do. I love the animals and the displays but the small amount of attractions combined with a poor layout crowds everyone into the walkways making it feel more crowded than any other park with similar attendance. I would prefer that the new coaster be placed in a whole new area that would help spread folks out. I would also hope that the ride, whatever it is, be partially enclosed and heavily themed. The thing about Disney is that roller coasters are okay as long as they are at least partially enclosed and have a "dark ride" element. It would not even have to be a coaster. Perhaps something based on the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride system where you go underground and meet up with many fantastic animals, including the "Reign of Fire" dragons.

As far as whether it "belongs" in the park is entirely up to theming and design. A well themed and designed thrill-ride would be perfectly fine with me. If the thought of large action attractions in the nature-oriented park bothers you, I'm afraid that went out with Kali River Rapids. I think they always planned it to be a full park with several rides, etc. Otherwise it would have just been a gussied-up Discovery Island.

Disney is trying to turn Animal Kingdom into their thrill park. I would have called MGM the thrill park, but this is the way they are moving with the new park. (it's not really a secret...they are trying to plug it as their thrill park already...by saying even TriceraTop Spin is a "thrill" ride...:rolleyes:

pheneix

>>>I don't want to see Animal Kingdom turn into Disney's twist on Busch Gardens.<<<

Bad news: It already is. Why was it even built in the first place?

Jusjuice

If they built the Dragon Coaster (whatever it may be) inside of a building and you never saw it from the outside, it wouldn't be like a big flashy coaster looming over the rest of the park.

A ride doesn't have to be a thrill ride to be a big draw. Look at Pooh and Buzz at the MK. Why don't they build a few smaller scale rides, maybe water rides (like POTC, Small World, Living With the Land, etc.) or dark rides themed to stuff like the Jungle book, Little mermaid, or Tarzan in the park. They could be a big draw but not a thrill ride.

WDWFREAK53

I AGREE...DUMP THE STORYLINE...BUT USE THOSE DRAGONS!!!

They are the coolest dragons that I've ever "seen"!!!

(Glad to see that they didn't "make them too cute")

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>I don't want to see Animal Kingdom turn into Disney's twist on Busch Gardens.<<<

Bad news: It already is. Why was it even built in the first place?

I don't think disney was trying to out-do Busch...consciously. They just wanted to build a good park and it happened to be much better than Busch...basically sending them on the defensive which we saw with the opening of their trashy Rhino Rally...

Regardless, Disney was never planning on using the post-apocalyptic look for Beastlie...simply because that bears no conducive qualities with the whole of Animal Kingdom...don't forget dragons live thousands of years! They could easily have a medieval land with the same dragons!

Sketch105

If you ever saw a picture of BK, You never saw the coaster portion. It took place inside a burnt castle. Check out the far left hand corner.

Attachments

• beastly01.jpg
    beastly01.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 141

cola_boy29

If they are finally going to add a new E Ticket attraction to Asia they also need to add a bridge from the DinoLand/TR Theater across the water to that area. Otherwise you are going to have an incredible bottleneck with everyone trying to get into that land throguh the one path that goes there.

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I AGREE...DUMP THE STORYLINE...BUT USE THOSE DRAGONS!!!

They are the coolest dragons that I've ever "seen"!!!

(Glad to see that they didn't "make them too cute")

Maybe, since RoF is set in 2084, that's when BK is planned to open too!!!:hammer:

james4023464

Originally posted by spider-man

Maybe, since RoF is set in 2084, that's when BK is planned to open too!!!:hammer:
LOL, that is very funny, maybe if were lucky it will open in about 5 years. BK is still alive:D I hope:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom