Big Animal Kingdom E-ride

the_snow_prince

I think that this sounds like a perfect addition to the Animal Kingdom. Everyone is looking for thrill rides at AK, and this one sounds like a perfect fit for Asia, kind of like the proposed Mt. Fuji for Epcot. I hope this happens, since I'm not very fond of the current rumors for Beastly Kingdom.

Sketch105

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Sounds like disney's second chance to redo 20K...after Atlantis flopped, maybe this movie will work.

Atlantis didn't flop. It recovered its production costs but didn't turn a profit. It doesn't have the merchandising legs or any really characters that were embraced by the public. Its just not a strong movie.

And, about the number of movie tie-ins:
IF BEASTLY KINGDOM WERE BUILT, Festival of the Lion King and Pocahontas would not exist anymore.

Sketch105

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
The atlantis at IOA really is geared towards the greek mythology and then they slapped the name atlantis on it.

The Lost Continent is a confused island. Its a mix of a Medieval Fair, Arabic Mythology (the Sinbad show, which is the biggest anachronism in the area due to its show content nowadays)and Greek Mythology. As said before they don't really mention Atlantis anymore, even in Poseidon's Fury, which used to center on it.

Plus Atlantis is just a topic like Dragons, Dinosaurs, and superheroes. Anyone can do them; they just have to do them in an original way.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
land behind Asia and Camp M/M

Just a note about all that cleared land behind Asia and Camp M/M; it's been cleared for years, probably since AK opened. Not to dis-believe the Screamscape rumor, but my bets are still on developement in the Camp M/M area. I believe that the Fest. of the Lion King will be moved in the future, to a site in Harambe (since the Lion King takes place in Africa). The investment in the Festival arena was not a major one; to me it's always looked temporary. With the Lion King moved, this seems to be the obvious place for a new land. Screamscape may even have the name for the attraction correct, (Forbidden Mountain could have dragons in it) just the location and theme mixed up with abandoned plans for Dinoland. I think we all just need to be patient and wait for Disney to start moving some earth. Until then, I think we can all dream about what's next. There's definately no need to write about who's right or wrong, 'cause only Disney knows. In fact, they probably haven't even decided which of the plans on the shelf their going to use, but I'm sure they've got at least a dozen ready to go.

NADisney

The First Indy movie is owned by MGM and LucasFilms Inc. and is licensed with Disney to use and promote Raiders of the Lost Ark ONLY. As for the other two Indy films ,they belong to Paremount and LucasFilms Inc.

So heres my next ?

Which Studio is producing the fourth Indy film? That Studio would own its rights to be produced into an attraction as well as merchandise.

pheneix

>>>Which Studio is producing the fourth Indy film?<<<

I read somewhere that it is still Paramount. That is of course unless Lucasfilm decides to sell off the production and distribution rights of the next film (and the original trilogy) to the highest bidder, like what was recently done with the Terminator franchise.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Sketch105

Atlantis didn't flop. It recovered its production costs but didn't turn a profit. It doesn't have the merchandising legs or any really characters that were embraced by the public. Its just not a strong movie.

And, about the number of movie tie-ins:
IF BEASTLY KINGDOM WERE BUILT, Festival of the Lion King and Pocahontas would not exist anymore.

You don't make movies for fun, you make them for profit--since this movie did not make profit, Disney was not pleased, so there will not be an attraction based on this movie. I don't know about the Pocahontas show, but Festival of the Lion King would exist...Camp Minnie-Mickey is to lead to the entrance of Beastlie, so it will not be removed. The other discussed possibility is moving Festival of the Lion King to Harambe, but it is a vastly popular show, and with Legend of the Lion King's passing, Festival is leaving--Pocahontas, however, is not all that great...so I wouldn't lose sleep over it leaving.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by NADisney

Which Studio is producing the fourth Indy film? That Studio would own its rights to be produced into an attraction as well as merchandise.

LucasFilms Licensing and Dreamworks. (Lucas and Speilburg's companies)

Disney and LFL have a good relationship so far, so I don't a new ride or attraction would be out of the question. Be it Indy or Star Wars.

james4023464

I would love to see an Iniana Jones RIDE not a stunt show in Orlando. They look so fun. My parents said the stunt show was stupid, I skipped the stunt show for Rock'n Rollercaster:D

Timekeeper

Atlantis

On the issue of an Atlantis themed attraction at Disney or other theme parks, how come no one mentioned Journey Into Atlantis in Sea World? The ride seemed quite heavily themed on "Atlantis." Maybe that's why it's called what it is. Hmmmm...

Tk

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by james4023464
I would love to see an Iniana Jones RIDE not a stunt show in Orlando. They look so fun. My parents said the stunt show was stupid, I skipped the stunt show for Rock'n Rollercaster:D

The Stunt Spectacular is really good...a little outdated but still very good and funny. (I myself would RATHER the ride over the show...BUT if the show stays, I will still embrace it :) )

Sketch105

Originally posted by DogsRule!

You don't make movies for fun, you make them for profit--since this movie did not make profit, Disney was not pleased, so there will not be an attraction based on this movie.

In movie terms, Flop means it doesn't recover production costs. We all know it was not big enough of a hit to justify costs. IF it had made only $4 million and no one went to see it, then it would have been a flop. .But lots of people saw it, therefore it a generated interest but it was only a moderate success. (and I use the word success VERY LOOSELY.) At least they recovered all $90 million! Plus with merchandise revenue (whatever lackluster money it generates) and the video sales domestic and overseas, it will turn a profit, just not quick enough to justify any further exploitation of it.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

I never said an attraction would be built in the first place

mousehouse

I am suprised that nobody has mentioned that the 1959 Disney movie Sleeping Beauty featured a place called Forbidden Mountain. That is where Maleficent's lair was.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mousehouse
I am suprised that nobody has mentioned that the 1959 Disney movie Sleeping Beauty featured a place called Forbidden Mountain. That is where Maleficent's lair was.

...and what did Maleficent TURN INTO?!?!?!?!?!

:) :) :) :) :)

Poncho1973

Originally posted by jaylenofan86
I'm a member at http://www.aerialsexpress.com/ and I looked at a shot taken in Jan., and there is a lot of construction going on behind Asia and Camp Minney-Mickey.

The stuff behind Camp Minnie-Mickey had ABOSLUTELY nothing to do with an attraction. That was done for the new Parade Storage building. Every park has an area like that now. Since AK didn't have a parade, there was no need for parade storage. Now they do, so they have a building for it and a new staging area.

Don't be confused by that.

The staging area is on the east side of the loop road under tent structures. A new building was built on the west side of the "guitar lake" (it looks kind of like a guitar from an aerial view) out by the cast cafeteria and the cast services area.

pheneix

>>>LucasFilms Licensing and Dreamworks. (Lucas and Speilburg's companies)

Disney and LFL have a good relationship so far, so I don't a new ride or attraction would be out of the question.<<<

Dreamworks?!? The chance for Disney to do anything with Indiana Jones 4 just slipped to zero.

Rider

Last I heard, Lucas and Disney were not on good terms. Thats why there is no new Star Tours movie, and no new Indy rides (Indy at TDS was done a long time ago, BTW). So I doubt an Indy ride.

IOA's Lost Continent is 3 "myth" areas rolled into one (but I think they fit together rather well). You could say Toon Lagoon or Marvel has more things rolled into one, but i degress.

Atlantis is mentioned in PF, but its not a major point anymore. And as said, Atlantis is a basic idea, like Dinosaurs (which both parks have).

Indy 4 will have Harrision Ford.

By first Mountian, I like he ment a ride with mountian in the name. Like Splash Mountian or Space Mountian, etc.

Now, for the rumor itself... ITS SCREAMSCAPE PEOPLE! Less than 50% of that stuff ever happens. And where do you think he gets most of his rumors? From people who read message boards and send in what other people said! So I wouldn't put much faith in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom