News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

UNCgolf

This thinking boggles my mind. If you have valuable and popular IP, why would you think you need to concentrate it in only one park/area? Why would you not say, we have 2 great ideas for rides, lets expand our offering at more than 1 park, so there is a positive gain and hopefully driving more traffic to both parks? If you have great IP, why wouldn't you want to spread it to more than one park, so that if you have families who are true fans of that IP, they now make it a priority to go to both parks on their next trip, or at least pay for park hoppers, as opposed to saying, well they just put the new things we love to see in one park, we can skip another park this year and just go see the stuff.

I think you missed his point.

It wasn't that they shouldn't ever put the same IP in multiple parks (although that is a bit silly, considering how much IP they have and how much of it is unused) -- it's that it doesn't make much sense to build two attractions based on the exact same conceit from the same IP at the same time.

Imagine they built Flight of Passage at Pandora while also building a banshee spinner at DHS at roughly the same time. It would make a lot more sense to use a different IP for the spinner.

In the Parks
No
Imagine if they built a Nemo ride at Epcot at the same time as they were making a Nemo show at DAK. Imagine they write new songs for the show and include one in the ride. And then imagine the only complaint is, “I wish the ride was an E-ticket.”
I still think it's weird to build two Coco-towns at the same time in two different parks. Imagine the D23 pitch: "Enter new lands in Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, both themed to Coco, both opening in 2029!" It's just a little too much Coco in my opinion.

The Leader of the Club

I still think it's weird to build two Coco-towns at the same time in two different parks. Imagine the D23 pitch: "Enter new lands in Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, both themed to Coco, both opening in 2029!" It's just a little too much Coco in my opinion.
What if MK’s Coco Land is the Land of the Dead while DAK’s Coco area is the land of the living?

ToTBellHop

I know they wouldn't announce it like that, but that would be the reality of what they're doing. It just seems like a whole lot of investment in an IP that will be over 12 years old by the time it opens (realistically). Is the Coco-love that strong in the GP?
Apparently.

The carousel fits.

And at MK, a Mexico-themed Frontierland is safer than a cowboys and Indians land. Plus, I’d love good Mexican food in the park…

Dranth

I don't understand, both expansion stories include Encanto. I really must be the only one that thinks that movie sucked and in no way deserves it's own land. Maybe a puppet show or Encanto themed snack stand but not a whole land. Coco is not only a 10xs better movie but is more thematically sound for that area.
No, there are plenty of other people with poor taste who didn't like it however, I believe currently Encanto is only going to AK. The makeup of the MK expansion seems to still be fluid but as of now, Coco is the one that may still be in both AK and MK.

JMcMahonEsq

I think you missed his point.

It wasn't that they shouldn't ever put the same IP in multiple parks (although that is a bit silly, considering how much IP they have and how much of it is unused) -- it's that it doesn't make much sense to build two attractions based on the exact same conceit from the same IP at the same time.

Imagine they built Flight of Passage at Pandora while also building a banshee spinner at DHS at roughly the same time. It would make a lot more sense to use a different IP for the spinner.
See I don't see any problem there. Both rides are different, both are from a popular IP source, and I would argue both fit well for IP/Ride. It's not like your just taking avatar IP and forcing it into a spinner ride. The idea your in/on a banshee and its spinning, fast quick movements, seems to work. If the ride works in isolation, with the IP, i don't see any concern about the same IP being used in another park. IF they built 2 different spinners, both using avatar IP, then maybe i see an issue.

Purduevian

That and there isn’t really any space to expand the Mexico pavilion. Wedged between the odyssey and Norway
I mean... if they were willing to move some backstage stuff and re-route the backstage access road there is a lot of room behind the frozen meet and greet. Red is ride/new pavilion space, Blue is re-routed backstage road, green is path to expanded area (assuming they don't want to reconfigure the right side of the pyramid to have an entrance). This seems like a very DLR thing to do though.

1712340875248.png

J4546

Off topic but I wish Soul would get some park love. I dont remember if the movie did well in theaters but I loed it and the music and scenery would be so cool to journey through. Maybe it could fit in a NO Jazzy themed area?

Sectorkeeper71

I mean... if they were willing to move some backstage stuff and re-route the backstage access road there is a lot of room behind the frozen meet and greet. Red is ride/new pavilion space, Blue is re-routed backstage road, green is path to expanded area (assuming they don't want to reconfigure the right side of the pyramid to have an entrance). This seems like a very DLR thing to do though.

View attachment 777310

You can solve that problem by getting rid of Odyssey
Both of these are fair solutions; I think the former would be more likely since they seem hellbent on keeping the odyssey around as a flex space, and it’d be also kinda weird having Mexico jutting out into world celebration like that

J4546

Also, as much as id love a coco ride, id rather they put a ride in another pavilion/built another pavilion instead of adding to mexico which already has a cool boat ride. Theres a lack of rides in the se quadrant with china/italy/germany wheres there no rides and that area would def benefit from something big to balance it out with Rat on the SW quadrant.

So either use expansion apd for new pavilion, my vote goes for India or Brazil. Or add a ride to one of the 3 that are there, my vote would be Germany. I know they had a plan for a Rhine River Cruise and Id be cool with revisiting that, or something completely new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom