Beastly Kingdom Is Back

jt04

Original Poster
There are always great proposals for new rides been that way forever ESPECIALLY during the Eisner/Pressler years but the company just doesn't want to greenlight them regardless of which way the economy is going.

When the economy was booming they refused to greenlight Beastly Kingdom, Atlantis Encounter, Villians land, Fire Mountain, etc. instead opting to build cheaper fare like Pooh and Buzz Lightyear. I don't buy that if the economy didn't collapse we would be drooling over a Mystery Island press release right now.

And? :shrug:

There is nothing new in either yours or 74's posts in this thread but your cynical opinions. Wow, way to contribute. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WDW1974

<<74 is a source of nothing except his ego. If you read my post again, I said JH has become a good source. As is Al Lutz when he is not making stupid comments about WDW. I also think he got bad info on ST2 at WDW being a different version. Nobody is perfect. >>

JT ... you're the one with the ego, you're the one with the perpetual online hard-on for me. I wish I had half the ego you give me.

Al, also, didn't get faulty info about ST 2.0.

He got accurate info. The reason why the attraction has been delayed was due to foot-dragging by TDO ... that obstacle has been taken care of.

lazyboy97o

But you said there would be no major additions coming to the MK in the next 5 years. So...um,,,ah....yeah....um......forgive me if I question your track record. It's spotty at...um....ah....well,,,,,,yeah.....best. :wave:
And so were several people, not only that, but plans do change. A report is not spotty because plans have since changed.

WDW1974

But you said there would be no major additions coming to the MK in the next 5 years. So...um,,,ah....yeah....um......forgive me if I question your track record. It's spotty at...um....ah....well,,,,,,yeah.....best. :wave:

JT, what I said was that Lee MacDonald someone who works for WDI and publishes the amazing Tales From the Laughing Place fanzine and has more connections than almost anyone out there (certainly including myself) said that nothing had been approved for the next five years when last he had heard. I supported that statement and believe it was 100% accurate when he stated it.

Things have changed (and it has nothing to do with your mythical sheriff) now, although to what degree I can't say ...

BUT I will tell you that if the plans you saw in the 'leaked' blueprints all happen you are looking at construction going on until 2014 at the earliest and that would be IF they began work as soon as the new fiscal year started on Oct 1st ... so even then ... it could be five years before MK sees the majority of what has been proposed.

So, if you're playing at home, I'd still be right ...

jt04

Original Poster
<<74 is a source of nothing except his ego. If you read my post again, I said JH has become a good source. As is Al Lutz when he is not making stupid comments about WDW. I also think he got bad info on ST2 at WDW being a different version. Nobody is perfect. >>

JT ... you're the one with the ego, you're the one with the perpetual online hard-on for me. I wish I had half the ego you give me.

Al, also, didn't get faulty info about ST 2.0.

He got accurate info. The reason why the attraction has been delayed was due to foot-dragging by TDO ... that obstacle has been taken care of.

If you think making these silly accusations is going to stop me from challanging your cynical trash you are mistaken. Al Lutz was wrong and it was pointed out by one of the insiders here. Who, by the way, you began to defer to in an embaraasing manner after you found out who they were. I will let you figure the rest out except to say Al took something and totally turned into something else. Not one of his shining moments.

And with Disney, no bad ideas ever get lost. Even Joe R. would tell you that.

jt04

Original Poster
And so were several people, not only that, but plans do change. A report is not spotty because plans have since changed.

Yes I know. :D

Thanks.

And they could change for BK too. Which is really MI if you read the article carefully.

WDW1974

If you think making these silly accusations is going to stop me from challanging your cynical trash you are mistaken.

Ah, you must have really missed me when I was at WDW. What will you do later this year when I visit DLP, DL and TDL (with a few visits to WDW tossed in -- you know 'cause I hate Disney so much!)

Al Lutz was wrong and it was pointed out by one of the insiders here. Who, by the way, you began to defer to in an embaraasing manner after you found out who they were. I will let you figure the rest out except to say Al took something and totally turned into something else. Not one of his shining moments.

I don't recall any 'insider' here correcting Al. And I don't defer to anyone here unless I believe they know what's going on and I don't. That's called basic intelligence.

I won't even drool over Eddie Sotto (even though I greatly respect the man, admire his work and share some friends) when I realize there are many aspects of WDI and P&R that he is much more out of touch with than I (and others here) happen to be.

And with Disney, no bad ideas ever get lost. Even Joe R. would tell you that.

That's true. Many of them wind up in great coffee table books (like the Art of WDW by Bruce Gordon and Jeff Kurti that I picked up last week) ... but BK is destined for the same fate as WRE, Discovery Bay and Rock Candy Mountain ...

RSoxNo1

Lets think about this...

Would Disney be dumb enough to make a generic land based on mythical creatures (or forgotten Disney films), while ioa is making a mythical land based on a LOVED franchise? there would be NO competition.

But...

There is a remake of 20,000 leagues in the works. Heck, they may turn it into a full blown pirate like franchise.

I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the beasties which you folks dream about.

I think it will just be in the same location, and it will have that fantasy feel.

So now we want movie/character tie ins? The Harry Potter tie in will be significant for a while, but the long term effects will be the quality of the attraction, not the quality of the tie in. The best attractions aren't the ones with the strongest movie/character/franchise tie in, but the best overall quality. See: Splash Mountain.

WDWFanatic

Personally i hate movie tie ins, i like original ideas with back stories that are made up by the imagineers. If you wanna do a movie about them afterwords then thats fine but i dont think they will ever out do pirates.

now i have to go search for these "leaked" fantasy land blueprints.

The Conundrum

And? :shrug:

There is nothing new in either yours or 74's posts in this thread but your cynical opinions. Wow, way to contribute. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I could say there is nothing new in your posts either. The fact that you are now holding screamscape as the gospel is proof enough that in your desperation you are now scraping the bottom of the barrel in search of a new rumor to cling to.

Do you seriously think I was just pulling stuff out of my behind all this time when I said nothing new is coming to WDW for years? Now, you got lucky with Star Tours 2 (opening 2011 :sohappy:) and thats only because it was literally forced through P&R and TDO. So be thankful with that and stop hoping that Disney is magically going to start investing in the parks like they used to.

color

Do you seriously think I was just pulling stuff out of my behind all this time when I said nothing new is coming to WDW for years? Now, you got lucky with Star Tours 2 (opening 2011 :sohappy:) and thats only because it was literally forced through P&R and TDO. So be thankful with that and stop hoping that Disney is magically going to start investing in the parks like they used to.

Conundrum-

Not sure what your position is within the company or how often you're briefed on projects, but recently there's been quite a bit of movement for proposed projects for WDW I've seen that actually have been given the green light...

The Conundrum

Conundrum-

Not sure what your position is within the company or how often you're briefed on projects, but recently there's been quite a bit of movement for proposed projects for WDW I've seen that actually have been given the green light...

We can discuss these matters in more detail via PM if you would like.

Dinoman96

WDW1974, have you heard of the term "He lives in you"?

While the original plans could be dead, they could be used for a different mythological land. For example, Dragon Mountain (JttCotE) could be similar to DT, they could use the Unicorn hedge concept again, only with a different layout. They could do a Phoenix themed flying coaster. There's so many possibles. :D

I think it's just gonna be a fresh new land with the same name as the concept and a few ideas from it, too.

mickey2008.1

It's amazing how all these forums end up with the same people going at it. I come here to get information, not to watch a cat fight between people who cant get over themselves. no wonder members dont join in more often, same old whiney babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have ruined it for alot of people who really care about the parks. If you dont like walt disney world, then just shut up and leave it to those of us who do. And dont give me that crap that you care and thats why you bicker!

djkidkaz

I don't know why many on here always want to knock Screamscape. Lance is pretty accurate more often than not over there. This was posted on July 11th:

Little Mermaid / E-Ticket Attraction - Rumor - (6/11/09) I’ve heard some good news this week that Disney management is ready to start spending some money on the Magic Kingdom once again, starting with that much needed Fantasyland overhaul project, expected to include a copy of California’s new Little Mermaid ride as well. More on this later.

It wasn't until July 13th that drew81 said:

For anyone who cares....I'm hearing the Fantasyland rehab/update has been approved and will be huge!!!!

Everyone was skeptical of Screamscape until Steve from this site also said he had been hearing the same thing.

And I understand it had been a rumor for quite some time before that, but the fact that Lance made that post days before the blueprints showed up online only reinforces the fact that he obviously has some pretty good inside sources.

Thrill Seeker

So now we want movie/character tie ins? The Harry Potter tie in will be significant for a while, but the long term effects will be the quality of the attraction, not the quality of the tie in. The best attractions aren't the ones with the strongest movie/character/franchise tie in, but the best overall quality. See: Splash Mountain.

Um, that is actually a tie in to Song of the South, a movie which was banned due it being called racist.

marsrunner

Um, that is actually a tie in to Song of the South, a movie which was banned due it being called racist.
I believe his point was "strongest ties" which is completely accurate. The percentage of people who have ever even seen "Song of the South" that love the ride is probably very small. I've never seen it, though I know what it is.

Thrill Seeker

I believe his point was "strongest ties" which is completely accurate. The percentage of people who have ever even seen "Song of the South" that love the ride is probably very small. I've never seen it, though I know what it is.

Well played sir.

I just thought of a blow to the MI rumor... How can it be Mysterious Island if it's not an island? Unless part of the sight is dug out to make the area an island, it wouldn't make sense to call it Mysterious Island. That might be why the Beastly Kingdom name has popped up again...

Like I said before, JTTCOTE would fit in the mythical creature theme of Beastly Kingdom because of the lava monster. It would also bring AK another super e-ticket behind Everest and Dinosaur. It seems to me like a new land is being planned, with JTTCOTE as it's anchor attraction, that has elements from both the BK plans and MI, without actually being either one.

It seems to me like a new land is being planned, with JTTCOTE as it's anchor attraction, that has elements from both the BK plans and MI, without actually being either one.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but could someone please tell me what JTTCOTE stands for? Thanks...

Judy :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom