Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Dinoman96

While I've long suspected this and tried to get used to the fact that Beastly was never going to happen, I'm still disappointed. The original conception of the park was so perfectly balanced between those different realms - if we didn't get Beastly as originally planned, I hoped we'd get those mythological creatures in some format. JTCOE would be fun, but it doesn't fit nearly as well into the park's concept.

It's been said it's being reimagined/rethemed. Besides, ideas from dead projects are usually put in other ideas, so they could still do the Evil/Good realm thing, just with probably different attractions.

kingslyZISSOU

Lets think about this...

Would Disney be dumb enough to make a generic land based on mythical creatures (or forgotten Disney films), while ioa is making a mythical land based on a LOVED franchise? there would be NO competition.

But...

There is a remake of 20,000 leagues in the works. Heck, they may turn it into a full blown pirate like franchise.

I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the beasties which you folks dream about.

I think it will just be in the same location, and it will have that fantasy feel.

Dinoman96

Lets think about this...

Would Disney be dumb enough to make a generic land based on mythical creatures (or forgotten Disney films), while ioa is making a mythical land based on a LOVED franchise? there would be NO competition.

But...

There is a remake of 20,000 leagues in the works. Heck, they may turn it into a full blown pirate like franchise.

I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the beasties which you folks dream about.

I think it will just be in the same location, and it will have that fantasy feel.

Look, sometimes people want original lands not based on anything. That's why Tomorrowland is by many people considered to be the lamest land, because half of its attractions are just based on Disney films. Just because it isn't going to be a clone of TDS's doesn't mean it's going to be lame and generic. :|

Dinoman96

True. If they re-themed the area and got rid of the cheese factor, it could be a really good area. Especially if they made it more like a Jurassic Park-type area.

They could do two things to S**ters and ter's:

1. Demolish the area entirely and build Excavator.

2. Re-theme the area into my idea (Which you can find in the Imagineer section).

I would be fine with either, but I would take 1. Primeval Whirl could be moved somewhere else, maybe Epcot (It could be called "Automobile Antics" and have better themeing), and if we really wanted to ride the Triceratops ride, we could just go over to the three versions at MK.

jt04

Original Poster
I'm really getting sick of him and Conundrum "trolling" the news/rumors boards. They're just trying to start drama because they are bored on their vacation from school. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wrong. At least speaking for myself.

I am a legtimate member of this forum. I have even made a couple financial contributions to Steve. Have you? :veryconfu

Dinoman96

Anyways, does anyone think a flying roller coaster (Like Manta at Sea World) themed as a Phoenix would be cool?
Phoenixes are mythological, so they could fit.

kingslyZISSOU

Look, sometimes people want original lands not based on anything. That's why Tomorrowland is by many people considered to be the lamest land, because half of its attractions are just based on Disney films. Just because it isn't going to be a clone of TDS's doesn't mean it's going to be lame and generic. :|

It's a business, and they have to appeal to the people who DON'T already attend the parks (as well as the usuals). You have to keep in mind that hardcore fans (like people who have a wdw forum screen name) are a very small demographic in the grand scheme of things.

what do you think would draw more guests?

I'm all for original attractions, but when it is competing with a well loved franchise, there really is no competition.

It would be like sea world making a pirate ride. It just wouldn't work in comparison.

CastleBound

I feel like the Beastly Kingdom has always been a great idea. Just because they don't exist doesn't mean they don't deserve a spot in AK. Hey, most of the animals we know today were mysterious or undiscovered at one time or another. Maybe there is still a yeti, unicorn or dragon out there somewhere that needs a home.

I saw go forward with this "plan" and make it up the value of the park

ryno1982

Anyways, does anyone think a flying roller coaster (Like Manta at Sea World) themed as a Phoenix would be cool?
Phoenixes are mythological, so they could fit.

Unfortunately, as part of B&M's deal with the Busch parks, there can't be any other flying coasters within 100 miles or so of Sea World. Disney could build a Vekoma flyer (which is actually more likely since almost all Disney coasters are Vekomas), but they are very painful. Either way, yes it would be cool, but up to Disney standards, not really.

The Conundrum

According to Screamscape, a plan is awaiting approval for a reimagined BK whose centerpiece will be JTTCotE from TDS.

Since 74 said yesterday that nothing new is coming to AK while Joe R. is in Hawaii, I think we have to take this rumor seriously. :drevil:

Revamped Fantasyland and a reimagined Beastly Kingdom???? :eek:

Be afraid Mr Potter, be very afraid.

:)

So according to you '74, Al Lutz, and Jim Hill are bad sources but Screamscape is an excellent source of news and rumors or is it simply because they have posted something you wanted to hear.

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to proudly present to you....DESPERATION!

oh and btw

Since 74 said yesterday that nothing new is coming to AK while Joe R. is in Hawaii, I think we have to take this rumor seriously. :drevil:

This sentence makes absoluetly NO SENSE btw.

raven

Unless JTTcotE is completely indoors and out of the Florida rain, I see it having a LOT of downtime like Test Track, which is similar ride technology. :(

CBOMB

Is anybody else, besides myself, curious at the timing of all these rumors floating around? We go for months when the only thing worth talking about is the color, and design pattern for the comforter at the newest time share, then all of a sudden we can't keep up with the expansion plans across WDW.

Something just doesn't fit in here to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have a feeling there is a reason for all this breaking news at this particular time.

We supposedly had the top secret project going on to repair the Yeti on third shift, that nobody knew about. We had threads here devoted to watching the effects, and repair of such on EE, yet nobody new. No leaks at all about it. We all know how secretive Disney can be. Now all of a sudden we have maps, and overlays of a possible 1/2 billion dollar project in FL. We are completely remastering MTTF. Possible projects in Tommorland, and Frontierland. ST 2.0, and maybe a family themed coaster, as well as Carsland for the Studios. A new, and exciting makeover for DTD.

I just want to know who's going to be the first to start the rumor of a new country being added to the WS, and a major makeover to the Imagination pavilion. Not to mention the latest triangle added to SSE!

Something just doesn't seem right to me.

Dinoman96

It's a business, and they have to appeal to the people who DON'T already attend the parks (as well as the usuals). You have to keep in mind that hardcore fans (like people who have a wdw forum screen name) are a very small demographic in the grand scheme of things.

what do you think would draw more guests?

I'm all for original attractions, but when it is competing with a well loved franchise, there really is no competition.

It would be like sea world making a pirate ride. It just wouldn't work in comparison.

Sea World used to never have rides. But when companies such as Universal started to make theme parks (Which, a majority were based on franchises), Sea World build Journey to Atlantis, which was completely original and wasn't based on anything, and it still today is a popular attraction, and helped Sea World build other rides.

lazyboy97o

Is anybody else, besides myself, curious at the timing of all these rumors floating around? We go for months when the only thing worth talking about is the color, and design pattern for the comforter at the newest time share, then all of a sudden we can't keep up with the expansion plans across WDW.

Something just doesn't fit in here to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have a feeling there is a reason for all this breaking news at this particular time.

We supposedly had the top secret project going on to repair the Yeti on third shift, that nobody knew about. We had threads here devoted to watching the effects, and repair of such on EE, yet nobody new. No leaks at all about it. We all know how secretive Disney can be. Now all of a sudden we have maps, and overlays of a possible 1/2 billion dollar project in FL. We are completely remastering MTTF. Possible projects in Tommorland, and Frontierland. ST 2.0, and maybe a family themed coaster, as well as Carsland for the Studios. A new, and exciting makeover for DTD.

I just want to know who's going to be the first to start the rumor of a new country being added to the WS, and a major makeover to the Imagination pavilion. Not to mention the latest triangle added to SSE!

Something just doesn't seem right to me.
I must say I agree and WDW1974's more cynical possibility does seem rather plausible. I keep being drawn back to the idea that maybe Disney is wagging the dog and there is something about the monorail they do not want rather inquisitive people, who post on forums monitored by the press, asking too many questions.

stitchcastle

I suppose I'm being a bit of a purist where this park is concerned in that I'd much prefer another continent - Australia/North America/South America, take your pick - to the building of an imaginary place, as interesting as BK could be.

I think EE is enough fantasy for AK. Although I don't ride it much, I still enjoy it as eye candy.

if you were a real DAK purist then you'd want BK. It was part of the original plans and was supposed to be present on opening day. It's supposed to be the park's fantasyland with africa=frontierland; asia=adventureland; and Dinoland=Tomorrowland.

The Conundrum

Just so everyone knows this rumor orginated from a 2003 "Why for?" article by Jim Hill

Did Imagineering at one time consider JTTCOTE for AK? Yes according to '74, No according to Corrus. Supposedly Joe Rhode had nothing to do with the project either.

This is just more circus-style rumor nonsense from you-know-who.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Rhetorical question:

Conundrum - join date April 29, 2009.

How would he even know who Corrus is?

Corrus changed his user name a long time ago and hasn't posted in about as long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom