Beastly Kingdom Is Back

DisneyJunkie

So now we want movie/character tie ins? The Harry Potter tie in will be significant for a while, but the long term effects will be the quality of the attraction, not the quality of the tie in. The best attractions aren't the ones with the strongest movie/character/franchise tie in, but the best overall quality. See: Splash Mountain.

I have agree with the disagreement of certain lands based off of "hot at the time" trends in entertainment. I remember that a local amusement park (once owned by Paramount but since sold off) once had an entire section devoted to "Wayne's World". As we all know, that fad wore off rather quickly and within just a few years, that section of the park was sadly dated. Some of the attractions right now are still named off of that movie. Universal and Disney should definitely take note of that before naming new park sections after the flavor of the month.

YensidsHat

Sea World used to never have rides. But when companies such as Universal started to make theme parks (Which, a majority were based on franchises), Sea World build Journey to Atlantis, which was completely original and wasn't based on anything, and it still today is a popular attraction, and helped Sea World build other rides.

I never post here, but I had to respond... Journey to Atlantis is a yawn festival. It has all the worst attributes of Maelstrom and Goofy's Barnstormer. :snore:

SirGoofy

I have agree with the disagreement of certain lands based off of "hot at the time" trends in entertainment. I remember that a local amusement park (once owned by Paramount but since sold off) once had an entire section devoted to "Wayne's World". As we all know, that fad wore off rather quickly and within just a few years, that section of the park was sadly dated. Some of the attractions right now are still named off of that movie. Universal and Disney should definitely take note of that before naming new park sections after the flavor of the month.

You're seriously comparing Wayne's World to Harry Potter and classic Disney animation?:shrug:

DisneyJunkie

Okay. Sure. What ever you say. HP is this generation's Star Wars and will no doubt stand the test of time.

Last time I heard something that ridiculous was when someone said the National League was "definitely" going to win the All-Star game this year. Please....

EPCOT Explorer

So....It's not coming, there was bickering, and this rumor had no basis in the first place? And Screamscape is supposed to be credible?

Sounds about right.

deWild

How do you change the subject quickly?

Simple.

Just like shining a pointer on a wall or ceiling and watching your kitty chase it for hours, you start leaking details of all sorts regarding the actual reason people come to forums like this ... the parks and their attractions.

Wow, I never thought of it like that but this really is a simple solution to keep the court and legal battles hush hush.

jt04

Original Poster
So....It's not coming, there was bickering, and this rumor had no basis in the first place? And Screamscape is supposed to be credible?

Sounds about right.

Not exactly what Martin said. I think I will believe Martin since he actually gets stuff right.

JustInTime

Last time I heard something that ridiculous was when someone said the National League was "definitely" going to win the All-Star game this year. Please....

ummm...ok, why the hate? I would go as far as to say, not only is it the Star Wars of our generation but I would say that it is even bigger than Star Wars. :king:

DisneyJunkie

ummm...ok, why the hate? I would go as far as to say, not only is it the Star Wars of our generation but I would say that it is even bigger than Star Wars. :king:

Why not just go the John Lennon route, then, and say it's "bigger than Jesus"?

I just hate EVERYTHING about it.

GymLeaderPhil

To you, it is, but lots of other people love it.
It's pretty bad. Inaudible vocals on characters, fuzzy projections, inoperable water effects, and the most random ending with the Beetlejuice theme music.

Sea World tries too hard when it decides to theme something. What you up with is a chaotic mess of a story with props from a closed down Red Lobster on I-Drive.

(And their park layout and general organization of everything else sucks.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom