Back, Engaged, Cooled Down, Ready To Go Back Trip Report!

Well here it is. Its LONG so I added some pictures in case you guys don't like reading!

The Cast…
Myself (John) 30
Girlfriend (That will change) Colleen 26
Brother (Brian) 26
Brothers “GF” (Tanya) 24

9/23

We left our houses at about 2:00pm to catch a 7:00pm flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando on 9/23. Why did we leave so early? G20 summit. They were supposed to have the entrance to the airport shut down with police checking each car for boarding passes and photo ID’s. Well that didn’t happen. We were at the airport 4 hours before our flight, but better safe than sorry eh?

Airplane1.jpg

Airplane2.jpg

Our flight was great. Unlike the one I am on right now as I type this up scared out of my mind from non-stop turbulence. The only thing was our one flight attendant was MAD weird. She would not put down the intercom CB and told corny jokes the WHOLE time. If that was not enough when we got to the gate she said “Ladies and Gentleman thanks for flying Southwest and thanks for making my first flight with Southwest a great one. The people she worked with that day probably all ran on got their schedules and PRAYED they don’t work with her anymore.

We land safe, sound, and smooth at MCO around 20 minutes early. We head straight for The Magical Express.

MagicalExpress2-1.jpg

MagicalExpress4.jpg

We waited around 5 minutes and we were on the bus headed “home”. Online check in at Sports was fine. There was an issue with the people ahead of us though, and it was Disney’s screw up. I was listening, but not fully. We got a room in building 10 #242 and were about 6 rooms away from my brother’s room. We both got king size beds. Upon arrival Colleen was walking through the rooms and asked is this room made for little kids? I said that I doubt they would have a king bed for kids, and then I remembered most king rooms are handicapped rooms. I even said when we walked in that the bed was really low. I didn’t mind at all. I had my king bed so I was happy.

We left the resort to go to Downtown Disney to use our Planet Hollywood vouchers. Mainly so we can eat Crunch Chicken, but the $15 come in handy. I had TWO helpings of it.

PlanetHollywood.jpg

After that we just got on the bus, and went back to the resort to catch football and swim!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I was waiting to hear about this trip! Congrats to the two of you, glad to know you still had fun despite the heat and crowds. :D

Yeah, it was just so packed and busy at every park. Even the CM's were confused why everyone was there. Epcot was obvious because of Food and Wine...but it made no sense everywhere else.

harveyt0206

Awesome trip report. I have been home a week and haven't even started on my TR yet. Oh well. Congrats to you and Colleen. I saw the two of you on 9/29 at the MNSSHP. I was standing in line for Pan when I saw the two of you walking from Liberty Square into Fantasyland. I thought, "hey that looks like.....". Now, from looking at your pictures I know for sure it was you. Small world. And yes, it was SCREAMING hot and the crowds were out of control at ALL parks for some reason. Anyway, congrats again. Glad that everything went off according to plan.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Awesome trip report. I have been home a week and haven't even started on my TR yet. Oh well. Congrats to you and Colleen. I saw the two of you on 9/29 at the MNSSHP. I was standing in line for Pan when I saw the two of you walking from Liberty Square into Fantasyland. I thought, "hey that looks like.....". Now, from looking at your pictures I know for sure it was you. Small world. And yes, it was SCREAMING hot and the crowds were out of control at ALL parks for some reason. Anyway, congrats again. Glad that everything went off according to plan.

Awwwww you should have yelled.

WishIWasAtWDW

congrats again on the engagement!! SO exciting! what an amazing way to propose!! :D loved your trip report and all the pictures. sounds like you all had a great time. crazy about the crowds and the heat! i was there right before you and there were no crowds. what a difference a day makes! and i agree with your comments about people being stupid. sometimes its mind boggling. :hammer: glad to hear that overall though you had a wonderful trip!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
congrats again on the engagement!! SO exciting! what an amazing way to propose!! :D loved your trip report and all the pictures. sounds like you all had a great time. crazy about the crowds and the heat! i was there right before you and there were no crowds. what a difference a day makes! and i agree with your comments about people being stupid. sometimes its mind boggling. :hammer: glad to hear that overall though you had a wonderful trip!

Thats what a few other members of this site and CM's said...Last 2 weeks were dead, this week is something else!

mousefan1972

Glad to hear you had a good trip despite the heat and crowds. And congrats on your engagement! :D Love how Colleen was flaunting the ring in the stretch room, lol. I think I walked around with my hand extended out for a good week after I got engaged. So, have you set a date?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Glad to hear you had a good trip despite the heat and crowds. And congrats on your engagement! :D Love how Colleen was flaunting the ring in the stretch room, lol. I think I walked around with my hand extended out for a good week after I got engaged. So, have you set a date?

Prob next Sept.

www.mansionmapleheights.com

I run this place and we both live here and take care of it. My wedding will be free! Haha!

WDWFigment

This is probably the lamest trip report I've ever read. I was all excited to read it, then it was lame. Sort of like when you're really excited to get home and check something out on the internet, but your internet is down. I haven't read it all yet, but I will get back to it tomorrow during class (you know, when I have free time). It was nice meeting you two, even if only for a few hours.

I'll get those pictures edited and sent to you tomorrow.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is probably the lamest trip report I've ever read. I was all excited to read it, then it was lame. Sort of like when you're really excited to get home and check something out on the internet, but your internet is down.

In case anyone is wondering what he is talking about...Thats what I compared arriving to WDW with all the crowds during "slow" time.

I said, "Man you're just unprepared, Its like coming home and your super pumped to look something up on eBay and your internet is down".

Disneyfalcon

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well!! The engagement story is awesome!!:sohappy:

Also, loved how you included all your would be totals from dining!!:)

Heatherbell

Congratulations! Great trip report, thanks! I love the part where you were saying your fiance was saying "Yes,Yes" but was "cheering for herself, not answering you". I got a good chuckle out of that. I was engaged at WDW and it is something I will never ever forget. Great job!

BigB911

Great TR, John. I never knew that place in Shadyside existed...looks amazing! Wish we could have spent more time hanging out..but DW is rather...well...anti-social. :hammer:

And after dealing with those crowds, she doesn't want to go back. :(

Congrats, again, on your engagement!

PotteryGal

Congratulations! :sohappy: And what a wonderful TR....loved all your pics and the amazingly awesome engagement story. I agree with you about how most CMs go out of their way to celebrate your special event. We had lots of anniversary congrats our week as well, which made it even more special. And thanks also for posting the pic of your dessert at Tutto. I had the exact same thing and it was to die for. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom