Back, Engaged, Cooled Down, Ready To Go Back Trip Report!

Well here it is. Its LONG so I added some pictures in case you guys don't like reading!

The Cast…
Myself (John) 30
Girlfriend (That will change) Colleen 26
Brother (Brian) 26
Brothers “GF” (Tanya) 24

9/23

We left our houses at about 2:00pm to catch a 7:00pm flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando on 9/23. Why did we leave so early? G20 summit. They were supposed to have the entrance to the airport shut down with police checking each car for boarding passes and photo ID’s. Well that didn’t happen. We were at the airport 4 hours before our flight, but better safe than sorry eh?

Airplane1.jpg

Airplane2.jpg

Our flight was great. Unlike the one I am on right now as I type this up scared out of my mind from non-stop turbulence. The only thing was our one flight attendant was MAD weird. She would not put down the intercom CB and told corny jokes the WHOLE time. If that was not enough when we got to the gate she said “Ladies and Gentleman thanks for flying Southwest and thanks for making my first flight with Southwest a great one. The people she worked with that day probably all ran on got their schedules and PRAYED they don’t work with her anymore.

We land safe, sound, and smooth at MCO around 20 minutes early. We head straight for The Magical Express.

MagicalExpress2-1.jpg

MagicalExpress4.jpg

We waited around 5 minutes and we were on the bus headed “home”. Online check in at Sports was fine. There was an issue with the people ahead of us though, and it was Disney’s screw up. I was listening, but not fully. We got a room in building 10 #242 and were about 6 rooms away from my brother’s room. We both got king size beds. Upon arrival Colleen was walking through the rooms and asked is this room made for little kids? I said that I doubt they would have a king bed for kids, and then I remembered most king rooms are handicapped rooms. I even said when we walked in that the bed was really low. I didn’t mind at all. I had my king bed so I was happy.

We left the resort to go to Downtown Disney to use our Planet Hollywood vouchers. Mainly so we can eat Crunch Chicken, but the $15 come in handy. I had TWO helpings of it.

PlanetHollywood.jpg

After that we just got on the bus, and went back to the resort to catch football and swim!

worldfanatic

Your report was especially interesting for me because you visit so many sit down restaurants. Thanks for the pictures and reviews.
When in the World, dining is huge for me and my wife as well!

Computer Magic

Your report was especially interesting for me because you visit so many sit down restaurants. Thanks for the pictures and reviews.
When in the World, dining is huge for me and my wife as well!
Once again we agree. We go for the food and resort, parks have become second :lookaroun

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh wow! I was waiting for your TR as well. I'm so glad your proposal went off without a hitch. I had also wondered if you would do the proposal early in the trip. Good choice. Very cool. And you got Master Gracey's rose. That rocks. I totally love that she ran around the room "cheering for herself". I would, too! LOL!

Sorry to hear about the heat & crowds. Bummer. I've never been where you're from but I would guess y'all don't get that kind of heat too often there, huh? I've lived in the south my whole life but still could kick someone in the face when it's that friggin' hot. I can sympathize.

Gotta love the humor of those Southwest flight attendants although I've never had one attempt a comedy show the entire flight. Our favorite was the bouncy landing then the lady who piped up with "As soon as Captain Kangaroo hops us over to the gate...remain seated...blahblahblah..."

Anywhoo, glad you had a good time & a memorable engagement. Awesome report. Thanks for bringing us along for the adventure! :wave:

There is no chance I could have held onto the ring one more minute longer than I had too.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey John!!! So wish we could have met up!!! Congrats again!!! Colleen's reaction when you proposed was priceless!!! She looked like she was on cloud nine for the rest of the trip!!!

Seriously though, I have to agree, the heat was absolutely crazy!!! That's may have been one of my hottest visits, and the crowds were ridiculous, especially that Saturday we were texting!!!

One last thing!!! I am so so glad that I am not only only one who thinking that there is an abuse of the EVC's!!! In all of the trips, I don't ever remember it being that bad!! There was quite a few times that words that should not be spoken when you are vacationing in Disney slipped out!!! :lol:

Yeah it would have been fun to meet up for a few minutes! It was just so busy it was hard to park hop, or really navigate through the park you were actually in. Next time!

njDizFan

great report. I felt like I was waiting for your trip as badly as you were..:ROFLOL:

I think you set the record for most times mentioning:

HM
Soarin'
ADR
steak

Congrats !!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Congratulations to both of you.
Overall sounded like a very successful and enjoyable trip.

Thanks for sharing the report.

Now its time to start planning for your WDW Honeymoon! :lol:

Computer Magic

Congratulations to both of you.
Overall sounded like a very successful and enjoyable trip.

Thanks for sharing the report.

Now its time to start planning for your WDW Honeymoon! :lol:
Did I miss the wedding date and plans? I figure the wedding would be at HM as well. I wonder if you can a discount for feeding 99 ghosts.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks guys...

Yeah I dodged a huge bullet with her walking over. She keeps telling everyone how impressed she was I played that off so well...

My TR's are ALWAYS gonna be food heavy...

Dont forget EVC was mentioned 3927103 times! Hahah!!!

Honeymoon trip is gonna be before the wedding. A small trip is in the works at end of Nov or 2nd week of Dec...We actually booked Free dining for 9-1 through 9-13!

Gucci65

Congratulations on your engagement!!

And congratulations on pulling if off!! That was an excellent idea and the pictures are priceless:sohappy:

:wave:Congratulations to the both of you and wishing you all the happiness in the world. You are a lovely couple. We were there at the same time and it was hot and crowded!! Much more so than I expected. We did MNSSHP on the 29th as well. Loved the parade.( DS loved the candy more I expect!) I added up the food prices too and found we had "spent" $954.00 in dinners alone for the 3 of us. Gotta love free dining! Many thanks to Tammy from KK for making it happen:sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

:wave:Congratulations to the both of you and wishing you all the happiness in the world. You are a lovely couple. We were there at the same time and it was hot and crowded!! Much more so than I expected. We did MNSSHP on the 29th as well. Loved the parade.( DS loved the candy more I expect!) I added up the food prices too and found we had "spent" $954.00 in dinners alone for the 3 of us. Gotta love free dining! Many thanks to Tammy from KK for making it happen:sohappy:

Woo hoo! More free dining totals! I love em!:)
We realized about half way through our first free dining trip we should have been keeping track. I think it's great that you both did!

kitten2299

Congrats!!!!
We were there 9/28-10/8 and we could not believe the heat!!! It kinda ruined the trip for us since the heat was making DD miserable which made both of us pretty cranky too. I think next trips will be in Nov for the Christmas stuff even though I loved the Halloween Party!
All of your raves about LeCellier were right on that will be a must do every trip!!!!
Did you have any problem with waiting past your ADR times? I have heard so many complaints that during free dining you wait anywhere upto an 1hr past ADR time but we never waited more than 5-10 mins if that. Just wondering if we lucked out or if it was the same for you guys.

sueuk

Congratulations to you both! We were there 22/9 - 7/10 and yes the heat was turned onto high :animwink:, but we found that we walked onto a lot of the rides at times. We also visited Universal twice and the wait times there were all 5 mins(basically the time it took to walk from the door to the ride!) We had a great time, BUT both caught a bug of some kind - first me then Russ- which spoiled 2 days, and had to cancel Le Cellier and Flying Fish. Its times like this that makes you appreciate staying on site, because at least the 'other' person is not tied to a hotel room. Congrats again.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Congrats!!!!
We were there 9/28-10/8 and we could not believe the heat!!! It kinda ruined the trip for us since the heat was making DD miserable which made both of us pretty cranky too. I think next trips will be in Nov for the Christmas stuff even though I loved the Halloween Party!
All of your raves about LeCellier were right on that will be a must do every trip!!!!
Did you have any problem with waiting past your ADR times? I have heard so many complaints that during free dining you wait anywhere upto an 1hr past ADR time but we never waited more than 5-10 mins if that. Just wondering if we lucked out or if it was the same for you guys.

I was very cranky as well. The heat was one thing but throw in the crowds and that just made it worse. We have ZERO problems waiting. In most cases we were sat ahead of our time.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Congratulations to you both! We were there 22/9 - 7/10 and yes the heat was turned onto high :animwink:, but we found that we walked onto a lot of the rides at times. We also visited Universal twice and the wait times there were all 5 mins(basically the time it took to walk from the door to the ride!) We had a great time, BUT both caught a bug of some kind - first me then Russ- which spoiled 2 days, and had to cancel Le Cellier and Flying Fish. Its times like this that makes you appreciate staying on site, because at least the 'other' person is not tied to a hotel room. Congrats again.

Thanks! So you MISSED you Le Celier ADR?

sueuk

Yes!! we also cancelled Flying Fish - one of our favourites (we always go the last night), and changed Boma to Yachtsman Steakhouse. We made one meal up before we flew home, on the last lunchtime at Planet Hollywood, but still had to leave 1 TS and a couple of CS on card!!! I'm SO glad he wasn't ill 24 hours later or I don't think he could have got on the plane.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sorry to hear. I caught a cold the last day...my ears are still messed up from being congested and getting on the plane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom