Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

easyrowrdw

Imagine how good the ride and campus would have been had Disney actually tried and had they actually given it a good budget. Yet they didn’t so we are stuck with a land that feels like something I’d see at six flags not Disney. Also they haven’t even started construction on the avengers e ticket ride that they announced all the way back in 2019. It’s 2024 yet still no progress aside from vague announcements.
We enjoyed Web Slingers, but I really didn't understand what was happening with the Avengers Campus overall. It was our first visit so I'm sure we missed something, but it definitely felt underdeveloped.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Just a rumor but apparently they are going to clone one of California adventures only unique e ticket rides at wdw. They are going to clone radiator springs racers over there. I have no idea why. Like many said cloning the same rides at their parks here in the us kinda ruins the whole “every Disney park is unique and offers a different experience” thing.
You could ask why they are cloning Indiana Jones over at Animal Kingdom. If it'll be different who knows if RDR at MK would have a different sorta spin!

Phroobar

Just a rumor but apparently they are going to clone one of California adventures only unique e ticket rides at wdw. They are going to clone radiator springs racers over there. I have no idea why. Like many said cloning the same rides at their parks here in the us kinda ruins the whole “every Disney park is unique and offers a different experience” thing.
Who says "every Disney park is unique and offers a difference experience"? Definitely not Disney. If they could, they would build them like McDonalds.

C33Mom

Who says "every Disney park is unique and offers a difference experience"? Definitely not Disney. If they could, they would build them like McDonalds.
They do build them like McDonalds. Not sure how many you’ve been to, but McDonalds in Japan, China, India, Egypt, etc. are all customized for local tastes and preferences. Just like the castle parks.

C33Mom

Any that is a good thing??
Yuck!
I personally do think it’s a great thing to take iconic American brands and experiences and then modify them to adapt to local preferences while still maintaining some of the essence that made them billion dollar companies in the first place. Academics call this “soft power” and it helps us attract some of the brightest minds in the world, who have positive emotional attachments to American brands and eventually choose to become American citizens.

Consumer

With the recent announcement of Avengers: Doomsday at Comic Con, I’m curious to see what changes have been made to the plans for this attraction. Embarrassing for Disney how much change this ride has gone through since announcing it.

D.Silentu

Seeing as the ride will be multiverse themed, I wonder if changes would even be necessary. The monkey's paw deal with multiverse storytelling essentially says anything goes.

truecoat

With the recent announcement of Avengers: Doomsday at Comic Con, I’m curious to see what changes have been made to the plans for this attraction. Embarrassing for Disney how much change this ride has gone through since announcing it.

They should make it into a Fantastic Four ride instead and you ride in a Fantasticar. The only problem with this is the FF4 are a NY based team.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why would anything need to change? The Avengers attraction as previously announced was to feature King Thanos as the big bad, nothing about that has to change just because they change the movie from Kang Dynasty to Doomsday.

Indy_UK

We enjoyed Web Slingers, but I really didn't understand what was happening with the Avengers Campus overall. It was our first visit so I'm sure we missed something, but it definitely felt underdeveloped.

Agreed, and for the biggest Movie franchise ever at the box office, you would think they would throw more at it. Can't even blame the Mississippi License issue in Florida for the reason the current camps' are slightly lacklustre

AZDLR

I enjoyed it in Shanghai, glad it made it to MK, but I don’t think we need more than one of the exact same coaster in the states… I’m going to be sad if DLR gets a Tron clone instead of the Cosmic Rewind clone.

I feel like that will be the announcement at D23 this year is that the multiverse E ticket Avengers campus ride is going to be utilizing the GoG ride system from Epcot. That ride system cost a ton of R&D to build and won several awards. It is too good to not utilize in other parks. Avengers fighting King Thanos on the big screen and Avengers music instead of the alternating rock anthems. The only thing that makes me sad about this is that I was hoping they had some new awesome ride system planned for the Avengers ride and that we could still possibly get the Gog ride brought over to replace the Hyperion theater. (either the exact ride since it is next to mission breakout or say a FF themed version)

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I feel like that will be the announcement at D23 this year is that the multiverse E ticket Avengers campus ride is going to be utilizing the GoG ride system from Epcot. That ride system cost a ton of R&D to build and won several awards. It is too good to not utilize in other parks. Avengers fighting King Thanos on the big screen and Avengers music instead of the alternating rock anthems. The only thing that makes me sad about this is that I was hoping they had some new awesome ride system planned for the Avengers ride and that we could still possibly get the Gog ride brought over to replace the Hyperion theater. (either the exact ride since it is next to mission breakout or say a FF themed version)
At this point, it does seem like a good idea considering it would up the DCA attendance levels highly (a roller coaster sounds much more appealing to the general audience and would compete with RSR favorably). An Avengers E-ticket is really not that interesting anymore as they took way too long with the concept without executing it. There just had to be COVID getting in the way...

Professortango1

We already had Ghost Galaxy at the DLR. Space Mountain with Projections is a thing already, so I know I wouldn't want DCA to have another bland and kind of empty feeling attraction like Cosmic Rewind. We need some good darkride experiences. From pretzel-style C Tickets to one or two Pirates/Mansions/Splash level family accessible e-tickets. DCA already has thinly themed thrill attractions with Incredicoaster and Mission BO.

thequeuelinelectures

Pretty sure they'll just stick with the plan using the Peter Pan Fantasy Springs ride system. The ride system clearly works and has good capacity, DCA needs highly themed dark rides, I see no reason to pivot to a coaster

AZDLR

Pretty sure they'll just stick with the plan using the Peter Pan Fantasy Springs ride system. The ride system clearly works and has good capacity, DCA needs highly themed dark rides, I see no reason to pivot to a coaster
I don't think a kid ride showing videos on screens is what they would consider an e ticket attraction for avengers campus. As an add on ride, sure, but that cannot be the 'big" attraction we have been waiting on all these years. GoG is way better than space mountain too. I would also like to see them use the avatar FOP system for an updated Iron Man experience. Especially if they don't bring FOP to DLR when avatar comes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom