Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

J4546

it be cool if they went all out like the old hong kong concept art for their version of the ride. Make it look like this

Attachments

• http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_161123135230-marvel-land-hk-disneyland.jpg
    http___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_161123135230-marvel-land-hk-disneyland.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 187

MarvelCharacterNerd

It's pretty sad to regularly see people looking up at the Quinjet and then walking up to Avengers HQ's closed doors and asking the nearby CM's where the entrance is to the ride or what kind of ride it is and have the CM's have to answer: "Sorry, that building is for the Avengers and Mr. Stark's associates only" or some other in-story reference and see the tourists walk away confused.

Though even more frustrating for me is try to explain to people looking for Avengers Campus and Marvel merchandise that the best stuff is in a store at the back of the next land over... the one with the Spirit Halloween Super Store banner hanging over it. lol

thequeuelinelectures

That’s interesting. That’s why the coaster was originally axed.
This is the same rumor I've always heard but I don't quite understand it. What was so special about this coaster that resulted in it being low capacity. Disney has a decent track record of creating very high capacity coasters, so what was different here?

My only thoughts are just that something about the train/seating configuration would have made loading/dispatch very slow

Or something in the design made having a high number of block zones difficult

Just can't wrap my head around it because something like Cosmic Rewind is perfectly suited to high capacity (relative to other coasters)

truecoat

This is the same rumor I've always heard but I don't quite understand it. What was so special about this coaster that resulted in it being low capacity. Disney has a decent track record of creating very high capacity coasters, so what was different here?

My only thoughts are just that something about the train/seating configuration would have made loading/dispatch very slow

Or something in the design made having a high number of block zones difficult

Just can't wrap my head around it because something like Cosmic Rewind is perfectly suited to high capacity (relative to other coasters)

The original coaster was said to be a cycle coaster similar to Tron but themed to the Avengers/Captain America. My guess is it was not the same layout though as capacity of the Tron coaster is around 1600 per hour.

thequeuelinelectures

The original coaster was said to be a cycle coaster similar to Tron but themed to the Avengers/Captain America. My guess is it was not the same layout though as capacity of the Tron coaster is around 1600 per hour.
That's what I remember hearing too, but increasing capacity on a coaster isn't ~that~ hard. Alter the layout to add more block zones so you can run more trains. Use a dual load like tron or cosmic rewind. Changing concepts entirely seems much more difficult

No Name

1600 is low! And Tron is rarely able to get close to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom