Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Still screen-heavy, but at least it had a new ride system! This Scoop thing could be great if it includes animatronics, but if not, it's just more of the same.
True! And yeah this still could be decent but I worry that Disney will end up putting like 1 animatronic and like 2 sparsely themed physical sets in it. It needs a lot more than that to be good. I hope I’m wrong and that they blow us away, but after web slingers and others I have lost a fair amount of faith in their creative ability (and how much money the higher ups will be willing to put into this ride)

I've been dying for a jetpack ride vehicle. I long wanted it for a realistic Buzz attraction, but the idea of feeling like you are in a solidified "ride vehicle" to then drop into escape packs sounds awesome.

I always assume it was essentially a soaring model but instead of loading in and rising up to the screen, we would enter at the top of the show building and then the seats would descend into the screen. But the positive would be that the screen wrapped fully around beneath us, allowing us to pivot ride vehicles to see different views of the experience.

It might have fallen flat, as I do not love screens, but the initial moment of the attraction sounds amazing.
Exactly I wish wish we got that version instead. It looked a thousand times better
IMG_0157.jpeg
Also there was a version that involved a two seat hang glider in an attempt to fix the capacity concerns they had

IMG_0158.jpeg

Aramar

I think the scoop ride is the best option for a big Avengers attraction and it doesn't matter if Universal used that technology before. When a park builds a new rollercoaster nobody complains that there are already rollercoasters in other parks and the same happens with new dark rides, water rides, flat rides, parades, drone shows, etc.

The scoop ride has proven to be a success that lasts in time, and the new Peter Pan version in Tokyo looks amazing, so I'm happy that this kind of attraction is becoming more common.

I think the scoop ride is the best option for a big Avengers attraction and it doesn't matter if Universal used that technology before. When a park builds a new rollercoaster nobody complains that there are already rollercoasters in other parks and the same happens with new dark rides, water rides, flat rides, parades, drone shows, etc.

The scoop ride has proven to be a success that lasts in time, and the new Peter Pan version in Tokyo looks amazing, so I'm happy that this kind of attraction is becoming more common.
People are only complaining (rightfully) because Disney promised and showed off a high budget ambitious ride that ended up being delayed multiple times then ultimately downgraded. Not to mention this is the lands anchor e ticket attraction for an otherwise “disappointing” land.

Also other parks like universal dont usually promise a ride then cancel it or completely change everything about it. Maybe it happens sometimes but not as frequently as Disneys habit of it lately. Anyways Had Disney originally showed this multiverse ride off in the first place and stuck with it, I don’t think many people would have complained much. Although I still think it would have needed a better e ticket anchor attraction.

Anyways that is just my disappointment speaking from being burned so much. On a more positive note, while I worry this ride may turn out as bad as web slingers, there’s a chance it could turn out to be a good/amazing ride. So i really hope that I’m wrong and that it blows us all away in terms of how good it is!

thequeuelinelectures

I think the biggest question to me is how the theme the showbuilding (if they do). I know the old plan was mostly unthemed grey box but that was for the simulator version that may have necessitated a much taller building. Hopefully they actually it right this time

Dr.Cheeto

Welcome recruits, your mission is to save Marvel from the evil King Thanos. He might kill the superhero genre even though some say its already dead! This diagram shows what's at stake- and no it's not a blueprint of the final drop of this ride. This is the projected stock value drop of the Walt Disney Company if we are to fail this mission. Fortunately you recruits can help us. Each seat in your transportation vehicle is equipped with state of the art credit card tap payment functions. The more you tap your card, the more you can save Marvel. Let's move on out- it's payback time!

TrainsOfDisney

Downgraded is a strong word given how little we know. A ride system alone does not determine an attraction's value.
Definitely seems less ambitious and less unique.

If Indy is still a better attraction then they’ve lost. (Indy and Spider-Man are the 2 gold standards for themed thrill rides - that era is sadly gone I think.

MarvelCharacterNerd

As usual ;) I'll be the one pleased and excited at what we may be getting for Campus - which just *might* be the first E-Ticket built at DLR within my lifetime that I could actually go on and enjoy as anything else I can think of from the last few decades, I can't do. I pretty much have to stick to the Fantasyland-type dark rides or 60's era E-tickets (Pirates/Mansion). Same reason I was excited for Web Slingers being the first new attraction since Little Mermaid that I could go on. :)

Though wait - does Soarin' count? I can ride Soarin' so long as I close my eyes half the time to not trigger vertigo. If this is an attraction I can make it through even if I have to close my eyes some of the time, I'll be very happy. I really was expecting another thrill ride I couldn't experience and I hope that's not the case here.

Looking forward to more info at the parks panel tomorrow!

D.Silentu

I appreciate all the clues that have pointed to this ride system. Thanks to them I've long since made my peace with the fact that we're not getting the Quinjett-pack ride. There's no skirting the fact that this is a step-down substitute, but I'm looking on the bright side nevertheless. For a start, Peter Pan is markedly better than Transformers, evident even in online videos. Potentially, the ace of the ride might be the inclusion of multiple randomized scenarios and characters. They have hinted at this vaguely and the technology has been around for a while. What scenario better contextualizes such a ride system than the multiverse?

Misted Compass

I think the biggest question to me is how the theme the showbuilding (if they do). I know the old plan was mostly unthemed grey box but that was for the simulator version that may have necessitated a much taller building. Hopefully they actually it right this time
Showbuilding indeed looks to be shorter and more themed.
20240810_214104.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom