Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

DCBaker

Premium Member
First look at the ride vehicle:

GUgMdTJbIAA4e7D.jpeg

GUgMdStWUAAZbXA.jpeg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yep it's TDS Peter Pan ride system.
While I don't care for that type of ride system (or screen-based attractions), it does make the most sense for an Avengers attraction. They can fill the screens with as much action and storytelling as they want on a smaller footprint. Maybe they can make it a bit more thrilling than Peter Pan and closer to the excitement of Transformers or Universal's Spider-Man.

I don't think they could have fit an Avengers ride story-wise on a coaster.

Inspired Figment

So.. the Spider-Man & Transformers rides at Universal with Avengers slapped onto it?? Not impressed with what I’m seeing here… hopefully it’ll have AAs or something to differentiate itself enough from the competition. Otherwise, nothing to really drive me to go out of my way to return to DCA & experience it. Atm, Universal is much closer to me and I’m already a passholder there.. didn’t renew my DL pass a few years back due to the (IMO) loss of quality & value and unneccesary up charges to compensate for it so.. yeah.

Last edited:
So.. the Spider-Man & Transformers rides at Universal with Avengers slapped onto it?? Not impressed with what I’m seeing here… hopefully it’ll have AAs or something to differentiate itself enough from the competition. Otherwise, nothing to really drive me to go out of my way to return to DCA & experience it. Atm, Universal is much closer to me and I’m already a passholder there.. didn’t renew my DL pass a couple years back due to the (IMO) loss of quality & value and unneccesary up charges to compensate for it so.. yeah.
Really needs AAs to be good. Otherwise, it's just more screens with a side of meh.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Here's a behind the scenes making of the Avengers E ticket:

This. Is. So. COOL!

So.. the Spider-Man & Transformers rides at Universal with Avengers slapped onto it?? Not impressed with what I’m seeing here… hopefully it’ll have AAs or something to differentiate itself enough from the competition. Otherwise, nothing to really drive me to go out of my way to return to DCA & experience it. Atm, Universal is much closer to me and I’m already a passholder there.. didn’t renew my DL pass a few years back due to the (IMO) loss of quality & value and unneccesary up charges to compensate for it so.. yeah.
Nah. It’s more like FoP using the Spider-man/Transformers ride system. I recommend anyone who feels negative about this system to read the review below from Tom Bricker. The only really negative thing I found while riding was that I could see the edge of the screen by looking up, even considering how massive it/they are (wraps around the entire room)

Professortango1

This. Is. So. COOL!

Nah. It’s more like FoP using the Spider-man/Transformers ride system. I recommend anyone who feels negative about this system to read the review below from Tom Bricker. The only really negative thing I found while riding was that I could see the edge of the screen by looking up, even considering how massive it/they are (wraps around the entire room)

This review also says he found Spider-Man to be a 10/10 and Transformers a 9.5/10. I would gauge them at a 6 and a 7 because I just prefer practical effects and elements. If you like screen rides, you'll like this one too. If you don't like screen rides, then I think you will similarly about this one as well. For me, I don't like screen rides.

mickEblu

This. Is. So. COOL!

I definitely like your explanation better. I saw the ride through and it seems fine for the Neverland setting and Peter Pan IP. For Avengers though I just get the sense that it’s not big or bold enough. Of course, it’s possible they can amp everything up a few notches but I’m just not sure it’s the right choice. Peter Pan is a D ticket though right? So they’ll have to beef it up if it’s going to be an E ticket.

mickEblu

This review also says he found Spider-Man to be a 10/10 and Transformers a 9.5/10. I would gauge them at a 6 and a 7 because I just prefer practical effects and elements. If you like screen rides, you'll like this one too. If you don't like screen rides, then I think you will similarly about this one as well. For me, I don't like screen rides.

I usually skip Transformers at USH. The whole thing just kind of feels disorienting. If that explanation of it being more like FOP with the Scoop system then that sounds much better even if not what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
I’m disappointed they canceled the original ambitious jetpack seat version they promised us back in 2019
IMG_3416.jpeg

I’m disappointed they canceled the original ambitious jetpack seat version they promised us back in 2019View attachment 807527
Still screen-heavy, but at least it had a new ride system! This Scoop thing could be great if it includes animatronics, but if not, it's just more of the same.

Professortango1

Still screen-heavy, but at least it had a new ride system! This Scoop thing could be great if it includes animatronics, but if not, it's just more of the same.
I've been dying for a jetpack ride vehicle. I long wanted it for a realistic Buzz attraction, but the idea of feeling like you are in a solidified "ride vehicle" to then drop into escape packs sounds awesome.

I always assume it was essentially a soaring model but instead of loading in and rising up to the screen, we would enter at the top of the show building and then the seats would descend into the screen. But the positive would be that the screen wrapped fully around beneath us, allowing us to pivot ride vehicles to see different views of the experience.

It might have fallen flat, as I do not love screens, but the initial moment of the attraction sounds amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom