Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

Crunchie9

As USO opens a new park and a new land, WDW unwraps buses, makes a less friendly booking system, and invests in new real.. no no that’s California.
essentially, WDW has abandoned the WDW resort minus retrofitted rides.

Yikes. No wonder this stock is trading at 31 P/E

mickEblu

When it was first announced I thought the C ticket ride would for sure use some of the Hyperion plot but now that I’ve taken a good look at the concept art the Hyperion and/ or it’s space aren’t there so did they find a way to cram this in the expansion pad too? If they can fit it back there than it makes me feel like the Avengers E may be an even “smaller” experience than I was anticipating. There’s no way The could fit the C ticket in the Animation building right? Nor would it be worth losing the Animation Academy, lobby and Turtle Talk.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
When it was first announced I thought the C ticket ride would for sure use some of the Hyperion plot but now that I’ve taken a good look at the concept art the Hyperion and/ or it’s space aren’t there so did they find a way to cram this in the expansion pad too? If they can fit it back there than it makes me feel like the Avengers E may be an even “smaller” experience than I was anticipating. There’s no way The could fit the C ticket in the Animation building right? Nor would it be worth losing the Animation Academy, lobby and Turtle Talk.
It looks like the kuka arm thing might creep into the former Dr. Strange area. Maybe? Am I seeing that right? Is that why they canceled his show?
IMG_3611.jpeg

In the concept art you can see both the animation building and the sanctum in tact. The open air “vent” ceiling in the large show building suggests that the flat ride located there.

IMG_3612.jpeg

The vent ceiling is also shown above in this concept art. You can see the flat there too.

mickEblu

View attachment 808290
In the concept art you can see both the animation building and the sanctum in tact. The open air “vent” ceiling in the large show building suggests that the flat ride located there.

View attachment 808291
The vent ceiling is also shown above in this concept art. You can see the flat there too.

Thanks for sharing! I hadn’t seen that second piece of concept art. Brings some much needed kinetic energy to the land even if it’s not the way I would have gone about that. That entrance not the building looks really cool though… un the concept art. Hopefully it’s not too much artistic liberty

DrAlice

View attachment 808290

View attachment 808291
Got it. Thanks. I was looking at that image on my phone and I only could make out the big stone thing (sorry, don't know what it is called), but couldn't see the other part of the sanctum. You're right, this meshes with the Infinity Defense ("no more cockroaches!" 🤣 ) entrance concept art.

DrAlice

Ok, here's a couple of fun questions to ponder: That part of Avenger's Campus becomes quite the bottleneck. What do you think these two rides will do to crowd flow? Also, what's the likelihood that they will continue to have the Avengers shows on the building?

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Thanks for sharing! I hadn’t seen that second piece of concept art. Brings some much needed kinetic energy to the land even if it’s not the way I would have gone about that. That entrance not the building looks really cool though… un the concept art. Hopefully it’s not too much artistic liberty
Here’s some more in case anyone missed it:

IMG_3615.jpeg
IMG_3614.jpeg
IMG_3617.jpeg

And a new spider-man coaster for Shanghai and what looks to be a Doc-ock/spidey ToT style drop tower for Hong Kong:
IMG_3619.jpeg
IMG_3620.jpeg

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Ok, here's a couple of fun questions to ponder: That part of Avenger's Campus becomes quite the bottleneck. What do you think these two rides will do to crowd flow? Also, what's the likelihood that they will continue to have the Avengers shows on the building?
The E-ticket in the concept art has a small corridor leading directly to the gift shop in the Avengers Headquarters building. There isn’t much to do aside from the attractions in that area, so most guests will walk on into the queues. It appears that there is a large switchback for the E-ticket ride. Nice to note that there’s a kid in a wheelchair in the art too, suggesting that it will be pretty accessible for all guests. The area also has what appears to be a glass roofer area for seating/entertainment.

D.Silentu

Lots of comparisons being made to the Stark Test Flight attraction, with another poster comparing it to The Sum of All Thrills, formerly at Epcot. I was previously unaware of that ride, but it apparently made use of a VR component via a hood that was lowered over the rider's head. The concept art implies they didn't include such a thing in Test Flight and I wonder why? It doesn't seem like it would slow the loading process and the effect would immensely enhance the attraction. Magic Mountain did something similar years ago, matching the movement of Revolution to several VR scenarios and it worked quite well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lots of comparisons being made to the Stark Test Flight attraction, with another poster comparing it to The Sum of All Thrills, formerly at Epcot. I was previously unaware of that ride, but it apparently made use of a VR component via a hood that was lowered over the rider's head. The concept art implies they didn't include such a thing in Test Flight and I wonder why? It doesn't seem like it would slow the loading process and the effect would immensely enhance the attraction. Magic Mountain did something similar years ago, matching the movement of Revolution to several VR scenarios and it worked quite well.
I wouldn't think this would include VR otherwise they would have likely mentioned it like "and using the new Stark headset technology it allows you to see into Tony's world" or something like that.

SplashJacket

It’s going in the expansion plot. It’s nearly 4 acres, which is far larger than any ride on earth. They were either going to have the ride and some back stage or they could do something like this.

They opted for more guest facing experiences, which is a huge W. The E-Ticket shouldn’t be limited at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom