menamechris

just read on another board that avatar is dead

With as much lack of focus, motivation, and buzz....if it isn't, it probably will be. They couldn't even generate buzz with their little table model, and the general public has all but forgotten about their announcement over a year ago. The incentive to actually execute this project has to be dwindling by the day...

WED99

With as much lack of focus, motivation, and buzz....if it isn't, it probably will be. They couldn't even generate buzz with their little table model, and the general public has all but forgotten about their announcement over a year ago. The incentive to actually execute this project has to be dwindling by the day...
I've got a feeling there is going to be big announcements at D23 expo, that will build up the hype!

Jakester

I really hope they dont go thru with avatarland because I dont see where the staying power is. Animal Kingdom needs something besides this

Captain Chaos

Well it seems, regarding Avatar:

its-dead-jim.jpg

Bairstow

What I mean is, do you have a link to the page you read that said the project was dead.
Some of us might be interested and seeing if they have any credible sources.
Our source says it's still a go.

Fantasmic

I don't think Avatar is gonna go ahead. It was announced the last time I was in WDW which was 2011. Normally when stuff is announced, things get built (unless you're UOR! LOL) but yeah... it's been nearly 18 months since the announcement... it's not going anywhere is it?

I'm hoping for a massive announcement and wildly dreaming that Disney are going to announce something to floor every nay-sayer and fanboi out there, myself included... but it seems to me that even dreaming about the next big announcement is too much like blue sky thinking at the moment!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It was end of September 2011. I was taking a break from a conference and was visiting DL for the day with a couple of friends. I was pretty excited at the time. I hope it's not just killed. It's sad if they can't even follow through on big announcements any more.

WED99

I don't think Avatar is gonna go ahead. It was announced the last time I was in WDW which was 2011. Normally when stuff is announced, things get built (unless you're UOR! LOL) but yeah... it's been nearly 18 months since the announcement... it's not going anywhere is it?

I'm hoping for a massive announcement and wildly dreaming that Disney are going to announce something to floor every nay-sayer and fanboi out there, myself included... but it seems to me that even dreaming about the next big announcement is too much like blue sky thinking at the moment!
When Avatar was announced, it had bearly any blue sky behind it. They rushed the announcement to show fans they were doing something to look forward to, now designing is coming to an end they will announce something at D23 and construction will begin shortly.

I hope.

Fantasmic

When Avatar was announced, it had bearly any blue sky behind it. They rushed the announcement to show fans they were doing something to look forward to, now designing is coming to an end they will announce something at D23 and construction will begin shortly.

I hope.
I would LOVE for TDO to prove me completely wrong on my previous comment (but I get the feeling it's not gonna happen!)

celluloid

There are potentially major films to come soon featuring Rocky and Bullwinkle Characters and there is also a new Popeye film in the works. If the movies perform well then it will bring life, interest and merch sales back into the major characters featured in Toon Lagoon and will justify staying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom