GrumpyFan

Thanks I found it. Rumor seem that it's dead and being replaced with Star Wars coming from some pretty reliable insiders over there.

I could see the Star Wars properties being thrown up as blue sky kind of "what if" idea, but not seriously taken into consideration, I hope.
If it is seriously being considered, that sounds like they've completely run out of ideas or they're desperate and going for the quick (strike while it's hot) money grab, which means the project has been taken over by marketing and the executive team instead of the creatives.

GLaDOS

Agreed, but it in no way fits at AK. Avatar has the potential to solve many of the problems at AK. Star Wars could do the same for DHS. There is no reason we can not have both.

Sure. But if DHS gets its big Pixar expansion and DAK gets a Star Wars expansion, I'd be happier than DHS getting Star Wars and DAK getting Avatar.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sure. But if DHS gets its big Pixar expansion and DAK gets a Star Wars expansion, I'd be happier than DHS getting Star Wars and DAK getting Avatar.
I would love to see something more happen with Star Wars, but I don't want it at all costs. SW does not fit in AK, pure and simple. I would rather see it at Epcot than AK. Also considering that there are zero credible rumors about any SW expansion in WDW, even considering it is somewhat futile.

RunnerEd

Star Wars works thematically as well as Avatar IMO (which isn't very well at all). However, IF Star Tours were moved, I would prefer it over Avatar at DAK.

To me, the whole Avatar idea (or whatever) looks like they're forcing creativity. Animal Kingdom needs to be finished more than "plussed." I don't know why they couldn't add a continent type environment/area (Australia or either of the Americas) in the area between Africa and Asia then fully build out Dino-land (so long Chster and Hester) before Uni does Jurassic Park. That would round out the park substantially without forcing a theme other than "Disney's Animal Kingdom" which, for me, is enough. It's a beautiful but incomplete park; just finish it!

Clowd Nyne

T
Star Wars works thematically as well as Avatar IMO (which isn't very well at all). However, IF Star Tours were moved, I would prefer it over Avatar at DAK.

To me, the whole Avatar idea (or whatever) looks like they're forcing creativity. Animal Kingdom needs to be finished more than "plussed." I don't know why they couldn't add a continent type environment/area (Australia or either of the Americas) in the area between Africa and Asia then fully build out Dino-land (so long Chster and Hester) before Uni does Jurassic Park. That would round out the park substantially without forcing a theme other than "Disney's Animal Kingdom" which, for me, is enough. It's a beautiful but incomplete park; just finish it!

This is a great idea. I would love to a North America themed area. Avatar sounded good at first but the more I think about it the less excited I get. As for Star Wars I've been dreaming of what else Disney could do with that IP ever since I rode Star Tours for the first time in 1994.

DocMcHulk

If they put a Star Wars land at DAK instead of Avatar, I really cant object to it because I've supported Avatar from the beginning. That being said, I dont like the idea. So, call me a hypocrite.

Bairstow

I wonder what Disney would have to pay out to James Cameron in order to walk away from their contract with him without getting sued. These types of licensing agreements typically have rather hefty liquidation clauses designed to stop either party from wasting the other's time by terminating the licensing before performing on the contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom