cheezbat

I think it's time for Disney to do two things: number 1...start looking at past proposed concepts and green light them: and number 2...add a few of the rides from parks overseas to bolster your parks. The R&D is already done in them so they'd save plenty of cash.

The Monsters inc coaster should have been greenlit yesterday.
Get Fire Mountain and A ride like Mystic Manor to DAK pronto!
Epcot needs a major Imagination redo, and add a weather pavillion featuring Stormrider!
Also...Why not add a new E-ticket to the Magic Kingdom while we're at it?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/hold-your-horses-on-that-fourth-avatar

"The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on that project as well."

Very interesting news. Backs up what some of our insiders have been saying for some time now.

Mods, feel free to condense if you feel this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

tomman710

I think it's time for Disney to do two things: number 1...start looking at past proposed concepts and green light them: and number 2...add a few of the rides from parks overseas to bolster your parks. The R&D is already done in them so they'd save plenty of cash.

The Monsters inc coaster should have been greenlit yesterday.
Get Fire Mountain and A ride like Mystic Manor to DAK pronto!
Epcot needs a major Imagination redo, and add a weather pavillion featuring Stormrider!
Also...Why not add a new E-ticket to the Magic Kingdom while we're at it?

Exactly ... clone away if it makes it easier but do something. All this nothing is more infuriating than cloning.

Beholder

My only worry is that if Avatar is delayed/cancelled, then AK will languish without anything new coming. Before Avatar, I don't remember anything at all being discussed for AK. And without anything new to take some pressure off Everest, I just see the Yeti go even longer without a fix. Just another reason for TDO to do nothing.

twebber55

My only worry is that if Avatar is delayed/cancelled, then AK will languish without anything new coming. Before Avatar, I don't remember anything at all being discussed for AK. And without anything new to take some pressure off Everest, I just see the Yeti go even longer without a fix. Just another reason for TDO to do nothing.
yeah that's my worry too....people seem to be getting excited for nothing over something..dont understand that idea..like they re going to suddenly drop Mysterious Island down (which would be fine with me)..im for expansion and hopefully this will bring some new ideas

alissafalco

Well, maybe not. This will force them to do something else. I hope.... Maybe even come up with something original!! I hope those Avatar films never get made.

twebber55

Well, maybe not. This will force them to do something else. I hope.... Maybe even come up with something original!! I hope those Avatar films never get made.
would you rather have a clone of cars land or something new and different but not disney (avatar) in the parks? interesting question?

alissafalco

would you rather have a clone of cars land or something new and different but not disney (avatar) in the parks? interesting question?

Of course I'd rather have something new and different like Star Wars Land!!!!!!! But that would be for HS, as for DAK, honestly Avatar was the biggest mistake they could have thought of. Look how great EE came out (ignore that the yeti doesn't work). It's original and unique to DAK. I'm sure they can come up with more. If the choice is Avatar or nothing, I'd chose nothing because Avatar has already lost its steam a long time ago and who knows if James Cameron ever does get around to making a part 2 and it could be a total flop. Yes, it was a good movie, but are people really that interested in seeing it in a ride??? I don't think so. Disney needs to move on to something else.

ZaneB

Of course I'd rather have something new and different like Star Wars Land!!!!!!! But that would be for HS, as for DAK, honestly Avatar was the biggest mistake they could have thought of. Look how great EE came out (ignore that the yeti doesn't work). It's original and unique to DAK. I'm sure they can come up with more. If the choice is Avatar or nothing, I'd chose nothing because Avatar has already lost its steam a long time ago and who knows if James Cameron ever does get around to making a part 2 and it could be a total flop. Yes, it was a good movie, but are people really that interested in seeing it in a ride??? I don't think so. Disney needs to move on to something else.
they already planned 2 and 3 and are deep into script writing. the land isn't based on Avatar, it's based on Pandora. It's a great idea and if it is built, what's the bet when you go there you will love it.

tomman710

they already planned 2 and 3 and are deep into script writing. the land isn't based on Avatar, it's based on Pandora. It's a great idea and if it is built, what's the bet when you go there you will love it.

Oh, so that's what is taking so long for the Avatar sequels ... they are actually writing scripts for those ones. Ok ... Great!

wdw71fan

Before everyone gets too excited, the article says nothing more than has been alleged here for months. I want nothing more than for it to be true, but no one is saying its cancelled or on hold indefinitely. It just says there are delays.

Exactly.... Not sure which thread it was (might have been this one) but I posted about the issues regarding Project Blue (as it is referred to internally) months ago... Like I said, don't hold your breath, IMO it's going to go down as one of the 'announced but never built' things at WDW... I've seen a LOT of info regarding the souring of the relationship with Cameron.. He's a control freak, and so is Disney.. not a good combo.

CinematicFusion

To put a positive spin on it. Disney won't give up on the idea of avatar coming to the parks...it will just go into development hell.
No way Disney lets Dreamworks or Universal take Avatar and create a themed based ride like potter.
Disney will just let Cameron play out his films. See if Avatar is even relevant when the sequel comes out.
Disney will be patient.

On the good news, it looks like through all this news we found the budget AK has in its back pocket. 500 million. At some point in the next 20 years we will see an expansion.

alissafalco

Just because a script is being written really doesn't mean much. I disagree, it's a terrible idea.

WDWmazprty

The latest little article reporting the Avatarland hold up:

Hold Your Horses on that Fourth Avatar

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/hold-your-horses-on-that-fourth-avatar

Avatar 4 is still a ways off, even by Avatar sequel standards.
September 4, 2012
by Max Nicholson
Remember back in June when James Cameron announced that he would be shooting three Avatar sequels simultaneously? Well, now it seems that the filmmaker may have been getting a little ahead of himself.
Indie Wire reports that Avatar 4 will not be a part of Cameron's back-to-back film shoot, according to producer Jon Landau. Additionally, it is still uncertain when production for Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 will begin as the former is currently slated for release no earlier than 2015.
The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom