bhg469

Even though the Lego star wars games are hugely successful and entertaining I still prefer Disney to rock that out. As far as a reboot... star trek was amazingly better than the originals. I guarantee if you get the right guy to put them out they can crush the originals.

ChrisM

I would argue that Revenge of the Sith holds up better than any of the 6 movies.

Madness.

A New Hope and Empire are clearly the two best films of the six. I give Jedi a very slight edge over Revenge...but it's very close.

The fundamental problem with the prequels, aside from that almost every single decision Lucas made was the wrong one, was that he chose to start the series with Anakin as a child (and then made Menace a kiddy movie). He should have started with Anakin as a late teen/young man getting his first taste of life and freedom as he enlists in the already raging Clone Wars, paralleling his introduction with Luke's in A New Hope. He should have risen quickly through the ranks into a position of considerable power and influence, only to become corrupted and increasingly vicious in his tactics.

This would have been vastly more interesting. Of course, instead Lucas collectively bent us over.

Beholder

Just thinking, but as it appears WDW is not adverse to putting in properties into areas that sometimes don't fit, how about The Island of Dr Moreau? Mad scientist, human-animal hybrids, creepy and twisted story? Plenty of room for the typical "and it all goes wrong" element of so many attractions. Remote island setting, jungle environment, and loads of mutant, animal people configurations. It's no worse than Avatar and actually makes some thematic sense. And not the movie version with Brando. No. The book version by H.G. Wells.

misterID

^^ That would be cool. I'd rather have a variation of Mysterious Island and Beastly Kingdom at AK than a Star Wars land. Maybe a "Mystic Manor" type ride set to Dr. Moreau.

LOSTllama

I have been reading this thread for awhile and want to give my thoughts on what the Pandora expansion should include...

First, I think that the entire land should be enclosed, similar to the Little Mermaid Land at Disney Seas park. The inside would be themed to the forests in Avatar and have numerous paths that would be an attraction in itself.

Next, there would be a restaurant that would be two stories so that you could eat in the canopy of the forest.

Now on to the good stuff, the attractions:

Big E Ticket simulator on a track. Picture the helicopter-like vehicles the Michelle Rodriguez's character flew in the movie; the guests would face out of each side of the copter. The copter would be hanging from an arm that rides along a track and would fly through a combination of screens, real sets and animatronics. Since J.C. is such a proponent of 3D, the attraction could even utilize some of the newer Dolby style high def 3D.

D Ticket dragon coaster that has been mentioned on here that utilizes the motor bike style trains. The track would soar through the flying mountains and other items from the movie. The coaster would be slightly smaller than a Hyper Coaster, around 175' to really up the thrill factor.

Since the intensity of the big coaster may be too much for the family, a smaller similarly themed clone of the Crush Coaster could be built as well.

The third and final attraction for Pandora would feature scenes from one of the sequels to Avatar: the Pandorian oceans. J.C is an underwater adventurer and would want to show off the underwater scenes with a submarine ride in the same fashion as the 20k ride from Disney Seas. This ride would be a C/D Ticket and round out the first phase of Pandora.

Well, these are just my thoughts. Let me know what you think!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have been reading this thread for awhile and want to give my thoughts on what the Pandora expansion should include...

First, I think that the entire land should be enclosed, similar to the Little Mermaid Land at Disney Seas park. The inside would be themed to the forests in Avatar and have numerous paths that would be an attraction in itself.

Next, there would be a restaurant that would be two stories so that you could eat in the canopy of the forest.

Big E Ticket simulator on a track. Picture the helicopter-like vehicles the Michelle Rodriguez's character flew in the movie; the guests would face out of each side of the copter. The copter would be hanging from an arm that rides along a track and would fly through a combination of screens, real sets and animatronics. Since J.C. is such a proponent of 3D, the attraction could even utilize some of the newer Dolby style high def 3D.

D Ticket dragon coaster that has been mentioned on here that utilizes the motor bike style trains. The track would soar through the flying mountains and other items from the movie. The coaster would be slightly smaller than a Hyper Coaster, around 175' to really up the thrill factor.

Since the intensity of the big coaster may be too much for the family, a smaller similarly themed clone of the Crush Coaster could be built as well.

The third and final attraction for Pandora would feature scenes from one of the sequels to Avatar: the Pandorian oceans. J.C is an underwater adventurer and would want to show off the underwater scenes with a submarine ride in the same fashion as the 20k ride from Disney Seas. This ride would be a C/D Ticket and round out the first phase of Pandora.

Sounds cool to me. I did hear that the sequels involved a large number of underwater scenes so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a water based ride. Maybe a hybrid coaster/flume like Journey to Atlantis at Sea World. The sub idea is cool, but the problem is it is slow to load. I agree the E ticket ride will probably be something to compete directly with Potter.

El Grupo

I'm sure it can't happen but since there are a LOT of people clamoring for a Star Wars themed land...is there a possibility that Disney procrastinating could hurt them in the end?

JMO, but, based on what has been shared about Lucas, I don't think Disney has ever had a real choice in the matter.

Beholder

First, I think that the entire land should be enclosed, similar to the Little Mermaid Land at
Disney Seas park. The inside would be themed to
the forests in Avatar and have numerous paths
that would be an attraction in itself.

Next, there would be a restaurant that would be two stories so that you could eat in the canopy
of the forest.

Big E Ticket simulator on a track. Picture the helicopter-like vehicles the Michelle Rodriguez's character flew in the movie; the guests would
face out of each side of the copter. The copter
would be hanging from an arm that rides along a
track and would fly through a combination of
screens, real sets and animatronics. Since J.C. is
such a proponent of 3D, the attraction could
even utilize some of the newer Dolby style high
def 3D.

D Ticket dragon coaster that has been mentioned on here that utilizes the motor bike style trains. The track would soar through the flying mountains and other items from the
movie. The coaster would be slightly smaller
than a Hyper Coaster, around 175' to really up
the thrill factor.

Since the intensity of the big coaster may be too much for the family, a smaller similarly themed clone of the Crush Coaster could be built as
well.

The third and final attraction for Pandora would feature scenes from one of the sequels to Avatar: the Pandorian oceans. J.C is an
underwater adventurer and would want to show
off the underwater scenes with a submarine
ride in the same fashion as the 20k ride from
Disney Seas. This ride would be a C/D Ticket and
round out the first phase of Pandora.

I'm very much in favor of an aquatic based attraction. I've been dreaming about an attraction featuring marine dinosaurs for a while now, but I'll take a Pandoran spin on this concept. I love the oceans and even our own can seem like an alien world. So, I'm good with that idea!

cynic710

If were all throwing in ideas, let me just say the theming of pandora can be an attraction in itself. Disney has the power to make an LED world that activates to the human touch, right down to the smallest branch on a tree. Imagin walking on a path that lights up under your steps, and plantlife that seems to react to your touch.

ride wise, I would absolutely love the idea of being able to experience the human and navi side of the story. For instance, I love the above mentioned future helicopter ride, flying through pandora soarin' style. Then, I would think some sort of e-ticket coaster involving the navi creatures would be amazing.

i think the area needs to be a discovery based land, where people learn of this fantasy world and relate it to their own realities, it really could make for a Disney level experience. much more than the already defunked HP could ever do.

jt04

^^ That would be cool. I'd rather have a variation of Mysterious Island and Beastly Kingdom at AK than a Star Wars land. Maybe a "Mystic Manor" type ride set to Dr. Moreau.

Yes, a land based on Adventurers. This could include a mystic manor, Indiana Jones, mysterious island, Captain Nemo, other Jules Verne stuff, JTTCotA, AC, Nautilus, Discovery Bay concepts, etc. If they really wanted to get bold they could move the Jungle Cruise here as a more "adventurous" and intense experience.

From the DAK perspective humans are an integral part of the animal kingdom so a land based on human adventurers makes perfect sense. This could make IoA look like a county fair.

I am serious about the Jungle Cruise idea. Imagine the implications if the MK had all that real estate to work with. It also makes sense if the infrastructure is in especially bad shape. If so, it should get the 20K treatment.

So many possibilities for that space potentially.

OK, exciting the 'Armchair' before brain melts. o_O

The Disney Kid

I had my niece and nephew over today and during their coloring time I actually put the movie Avatar on, as I had only seen it once and the kids had only seen it two times before. I really tried to watch it with an open mind this time and tried to look for things that would be fun in a theme park.

About 1/3 of the way through it, my niece wanted to listen to music instead of the movie but my nephew wanted to keep watching because he was drawing then animals in the movie. The compromise was to turn off the TV's sound and to let my niece have her music on. I actually liked Avatar much better with the sound off.

I think a Pandora area of DAK would be beautiful. I just don't want the Avatar story forced on me. I thought it was a lot of propaganda and "humans are bad" nonsense. But I thought the blue cat people were interesting and my nephew enjoys drawing the animals from that movie. I can see a lot of fun Imagineering potential with the imagery from Pandora but I don't want the Avatar story recreated in any way. I am hoping, however, that the sequel movies are not more of the "humans are bad" garbage.

Conservation is a natural fit for DAK, but I don't want too obvious a political message weaved into a Pandora area.

Have you ever seen the Lion King film in The Land? WDW has been doing "humans are bad" for years.

neoshinok

Humans are destroying the earth, nothing wrong at all with trying to make the human race better and save the planet. I always liked that message and Disney championed it.

I can see both sides to this.

On one hand, when I'm at Disney I'm there to escape reality, and would rather not have these saddening 'inconvenient truths' become part of my experience.

On the other (probably more substantial) hand, humans are indeed destroying the planet's atmosphere and inhabitants, awareness is key in altering this, and Disney World has more visitors than any other resort destination.

In my opinion, the latter takes precedence.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can see both sides to this.

On one hand, when I'm at Disney I'm there to escape reality, and would rather not have these saddening 'inconvenient truths' become part of my experience.

On the other (probably more substantial) hand, humans are indeed destroying the planet's atmosphere and inhabitants, awareness is key in altering this, and Disney World has more visitors than any other resort destination.

In my opinion, the latter takes precedence.
I agree that it never hurts to learn a little about things like conservation especially in a place like AK. The key is not to go over the top and try to guilt people. Make it light and fun rather than doom and gloom. Trick people into learning something.

Beholder

I really think Disney walks a fine line between teaching and preaching. The sad truth is that people carry or are concerned with a multitude a problems or issues that effect them directly or indirectly everyday. Disney is an escape. Yes, we're conveniently a "captive" audience, but one that may not appreciate being lectured to. I don't think Disney does this, but I'm sure they are aware of the connotations that being over-zealous may bring.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really think Disney walks a fine line between teaching and preaching. The sad truth is that people carry or are concerned with a multitude a problems or issues that effect them directly or indirectly everyday. Disney is an escape. Yes, we're conveniently a "captive" audience, but one that may not appreciate being lectured to. I don't think Disney does this, but I'm sure they are aware of the connotations that being over-zealous may bring.
I tend to agree. Disney's push towards healthy foods is good example. I definitely think the overall corporate plan to not allow junk food sponsors for kids programming is a step in the right direction, but the attempt to make foods in the parks more healthy could have been a disaster if pushed too hard. Offering healthy food is one thing, but when I take my kids on vacation they get to eat hot dogs and chicken fingers and fries all the time and Mickey ice cream bars too. It's part of the overall vacation experience. Disney has not removed them from the menus, they just added healthy options too. A couple of times on my last trip both my kids opted to eat grapes or carrot sticks over junk food. The program works without being overbearing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom