Beholder

Seeing that TDO wasn't in any hurry to do anything with AK before the James Cameron announcement, I have no reason to believe that things won't be the same. I wasn't crazy about Avatar, but the infusion of a much needed attraction or land would have helped turn AK into a full day experience. Now, who knows when anything at all will happen. I'm hoping fir the best though.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Seeing that TDO wasn't in any hurry to do anything with AK before the James Cameron announcement, I have no reason to believe that things won't be the same. I wasn't crazy about Avatar, but the infusion of a much needed attraction or land would have helped turn AK into a full day experience. Now, who knows when anything at all will happen. I'm hoping fir the best though.
But DAK is already a full day experience if you partake in everything it has to offer.

devoy1701

hmmm....weren't some people just questioning last week where we were hearing ramblings that everything Avatar was on hold/delayed... hmmm

-start trusting those in the know...

phi2134

I think Disney needs to put the big ax to this project immediately and stay with projects not associated to James Cameron. I know that Disney Execs can be pretty picky and have their own agenda, but this land seems doomed because of this guy. I can imagine him being a micro-manager of epic proportions on this type of project. They need to stick with their own films and do what they do best, build immense experiences around their product/films and not be derailed by outside timelines and productions.

Disney has shown with Carsland that with whatever theme or movie they work with, they can hit a home run. The big if is how much do they spend on their projects and do they go the extra yard. With one more big ego in the picture with this project, I feel that it's going to be a massive tease leading to a massive let down if it ever happens.

wsmith1978

I think Disney needs to put the big ax to this project immediately and stay with projects not associated to James Cameron. I know that Disney Execs can be pretty picky and have their own agenda, but this land seems doomed because of this guy. I can imagine him being a micro-manager of epic proportions on this type of project. They need to stick with their own films and do what they do best, build immense experiences around their product/films and not be derailed by outside timelines and productions.

Disney has shown with Carsland that with whatever theme or movie they work with, they can hit a home run. The big if is how much do they spend on their projects and do they go the extra yard. With one more big ego in the picture with this project, I feel that it's going to be a massive tease leading to a massive let down if it ever happens.

Exactly. Disney has come up with enough stories and characters on their own to create endless amazing lands. They don't need James Cameron overseeing every move they make. It's WDW after all!

FrankLapidus

If true then I would personally consider this to be great news. I'm not a fan of the films in any way and wasn't a fan of a possible Avatarland at WDW so I wouldn't be sorry to see this slip into development hell and for Disney and Cameron to part ways. The negative side of the argument is that it is unlikely anything will replace Avatar (if it does end up being cancelled) but I always felt that the Imagineers could come up with something better if given the time and the money to do so. Beastly Kingdom anyone...? :rolleyes:

orky8

The latest little article reporting the Avatarland hold up:

The delays carry over into Cameron's World of Avatar attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was announced around this time last year. Due to creative differences between Cameron and Disney's Imagineer development team, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer on

cheezbat

This isn't good news for DAK if Avatarland doesn't go through. Like many others have said, this most likely means DAK has to go that much longer with nothing new.

I truly hope were all wrong...and either the project does go through and it's awesome, or they fast track something way cooler ASAP.

twebber55

This isn't good news for DAK if Avatarland doesn't go through. Like many others have said, this most likely means DAK has to go that much longer with nothing new.

I truly hope were all wrong...and either the project does go through and it's awesome, or they fast track something way cooler ASAP.
this is my worry..i supported pandora but more importantly im pro expansion and i m worried nothing happens

ChrisM

IGN isn't exactly known for their cutting edge, deadline beating reporting. All of the usual movie trades and blogs had the Avatar 4 "news" a couple of days ago and IGN tacked on the theme park bit we've all been hearing for a couple of months now.

I don't think anything's changed: "Pandora" for AK is in development hell and it's still probably a 50/50 shot of actually getting built.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

ParentsOf4

Rumor (and this board's category is "WDW Parks News and Rumors") has it that J.K. Rowling and TWDC went their separate ways because of creative differences. Basically, the phenomenally successful J.K. Rowling wanted to retain creative control over any Harry Potter themed area in a Disney theme park. As a result, Universal landed WWOHP and is now reaping huge financial benefits. Basically, Disney's bad decision saved the teetering Universal Orlando.

Now this for James Cameron:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...te-ign-reporting-delays-to-avatar-project.htm

Is Disney getting too full of itself?

When was WDW's last hit? Expedition Everest (ignoring Disco Yeti) helped DAK attendance. Does this count?

Florida_is_hot

Has Expedition Everest (ignoring Disco Yeti) helped DAK attendance ???

Because if it has I never go out of my way to go to Animal Kingdom, we have zoos at home

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom