Bairstow

Didn't Philharmagic predate all of the recent 3D conversions of classic 2D Disney animated movies?
Maybe at the time they made it Disney did not anticipate that 2D characters could work when projected in 3D.
Maybe they still can't.
I admit that I haven't actually seen any of the converted movies.

disneyrcks

I get that.
But, I'm curious. In what way do you Peter Pan superior to ET? Ride system? Show elemets? Queue? Overall quality?

I last rode ET in March but I have to say, it is a very similar ride system to Peter Pan. If we are adding Queue into this comparison, then I will definitely say PP sucks. The queue is awful and badly in need of an update. Also, ET does have that great effect where he says your name at the end. I find PP to be more visually stunning than ET. Add the nostalga factor and I am hooked. Overall quality? Hmmm, are we weighing quality with technology? In all fairness PP is an older ride. Other than that, I can see where you have a significant point. Maybe I am not objectively viewing both rides. But I do love Universal, and would gladly spent 3-4 days there. So is it nostalga that gives me my viewpoint or a balanced review? I honestly do not know. Can we add a category for emotional attachment? ;)

RSoxNo1

My being "almighty" aside, I would honestly like an objective explanation of how Philharmagic is better than ET.

ET isn't a great ride, necessarily, but it is (IMHO) superior to any of the current FL rides.
For me, it's purely opinion. I don't think it's fair to compare a screen based 3d show to a ride through dimensional sets.

disneyrcks

Not speaking for @disneyrcks , But I think they main difference is "magic". Peter Pan, to some people has a magical feeling that ET can not duplicate. It's not about ride systems, or show elements, but more the feeling of getting on Pan. Personally, when I was younger, and had less theme park experience, I would have been right there with those saying PP trounces ET. But having ridden both in the past couple years, with less of a emotional investment in WDW, I agree ET, is a higher quality attraction.

I totally respect that. Would you or anyone care to elaborate on what makes it a better attraction? I am honestly curious because I love Universal and maybe I just have not paid enough attention to the ride. I am always willing to keep an open mind, and I fully admit that, Dan nostalga may play a part for me here(which I know means I am not being objective lol).

WDW1974

So, um. Avatar, the specifics? Someone should start a thread, as opposed to this ET/Pan thread.

Please, someone, SOMETHING for the love of Mickey, share SOMETHING.

ET? Pan? Stop it, or start another thread, please! :)

The issue is there are no specifics ... so you can either make them up, go to another thread or just be forced to read and comment on a discussion that is taking place instead.

WDW1974

Please, Peter Pan's Flight is more overrated than Test Track.

Nah. TT is the most overrated attraction in WDW history. It is a nothing of an experience that people seem to enjoy because they see the cars racing around the building on the loop.

PPF is a classic journey to Neverland ... the fact it is falling apart doesn't change that. Many attractions at WDW are falling apart.

bubbles1812

The issue is there are no specifics ... so you can either make them up, go to another thread or just be forced to read and comment on a discussion that is taking place instead.

Disney is growing the giant blue people like sea monkeys in Bay Lake. They will soon have enough that they will not have to hire CMs anymore (yay cost saving measures! ;)) because they will have an army of Mickey hat (as their disguise to help them blend in of course) wearing slaves to do their bidding. Until the inevitable revolt when Disney tells them they CANNOT visit Harry Potter that is... :D

Alektronic

If it is like most threads, someone provides some facts, and then people ignore it or just give their opinion, then they play the game of my opinion is better than your opinion.

jt04

If it is like most threads, someone provides some facts, and then people ignore it or just give their opinion, then they play the game of my opinion is better than your opinion.

Interesting opinion but wrong. :p

They already announced they would be breaking ground late this year so they must have the basic parameters of the new land fairly well developed.

celluloid

They already announced they would be breaking ground late this year so they must have the basic parameters of the new land fairly well developed.

Funny things about announcements...they mean diddly until action is taken. This thread is about the same as any other Avatar thread on here and that is all it will be until there is actually anything other to speculate about and specifically judge based on what the company has given us for the park. And since that is diddly announcements, than it is only fair that we judge the idea based on the idea alone.

jaredliu

They announced Avland will break ground this year? Would you be kind to provide me with that? I must have missed. But isn't it weird that there is no concept art whatsoever out there just few months before its ground breaking? I have never seen any big project going like that before. No one talks about it. Not Cameron, not disney. Just Iger reluctantly answers a question from a fan. I am not even sure Mr. Cameron has a passion on this thing. Think about when Harry Potter is announced, we saw some absolutely stunning concept art to amuse JK Rolling to say yes to the project. Don't they have to showcase some cool rendering to impress Mr. Cameron for the permission of his lastest baby? If they didn't show us, then they must have doubts and in negotiation process. Fine then, and how come they could make up a date if they have not finalize what Cameron wants and what Disney could afford? I sensed there are a lot of problems in it.

jt04

Funny things about announcements...they mean diddly until action is taken. This thread is about the same as any other Avatar thread on here and that is all it will be until there is actually anything other to speculate about and specifically judge based on what the company has given us for the park. And since that is diddly announcements, than it is only fair that we judge the idea based on the idea alone.

This was true in the old days but we are not in the old days. I can't think of a project Iger has talked about that did not happen. Sure there have been projects under development that then get canceled but nothing he has personally announced.

RSoxNo1

Nah. TT is the most overrated attraction in WDW history. It is a nothing of an experience that people seem to enjoy because they see the cars racing around the building on the loop.

PPF is a classic journey to Neverland ... the fact it is falling apart doesn't change that. Many attractions at WDW are falling apart.

Nuh uh... stop sniffing the pixie dust, you're fooled by a gimmick (the "flying boats" as my nephew calls them) just like those of us fooled by the high speed section of Test Track. The interior of Test Track is so much more substantial than the interior of Peter Pan's Flight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom