jt04

Ah thank you. I always believed that. Don't get me wrong I like the ride, but it is never worth the 60 minute wait that the attraction produces. Only if we get a fastpass do we ride it.

And this is just a general question. But was there ever a dark ride in the space that Phillarmagic is in today? From google earth the building looks about the same size as Pooh and the old SWSA. I know there used to be a Lion King show in there beforehand but I didn't know if the infrastructure of the building was capable of holding a dark ride.

No it has always been a theater type show. But now that you mention it it is quite a sizeable building. And they are raising a section of the roof where SWSA was. Seems like there is some interesting potential there.

Philharmagic will become dated because 3D is now pretty widespread. I can't see it lasting more than a few more years.

RSoxNo1

I've been on ET at least a dozen times. Have you been on anything in Fantasyland?
1) That is a 'loaded' question.
This makes absolutely no sense...
I will argue that PhilharMagic is a better attraction than ET, but that's it.
2) Hopefully something in that space will be someday.
Somehow this makes even less sense...
I'll trash Peter Pan... It's the most overrated attraction in all of Disney World.
3) Unfortunately it is slowly. But sometimes when they neglect an attraction it is because the have longer range plans. Hmmmm.
I hope you're right and that Peter Pan's Flight will be getting a major overhaul soon, but I haven't heard anything concrete about it other than queue work.

Bairstow

Since there's no point in NOT going off-topic at this point...

...anyone got any bright ideas on how to spruce up the second act of the ET ride?

Personally I'd replace most of the current alien forest planet...stuff with a greatly extended flight through space section- lots of fiber optic starfields and maybe a close call with satellite and an asteroid, so that only the last couple seconds are spent on ET's home world and you don't have a chance to get sick of it and all his "friends."

dxwwf3

The 2nd act is great. Maybe just replace the AA's with better ones. The 1st act is what needs the work. It really feels dated.

Atomicmickey

So, um. Avatar, the specifics? Someone should start a thread, as opposed to this ET/Pan thread.

Please, someone, SOMETHING for the love of Mickey, share SOMETHING.

ET? Pan? Stop it, or start another thread, please! :)

Furiated

Since there's no point in NOT going off-topic at this point...

...anyone got any bright ideas on how to spruce up the second act of the ET ride?

Personally I'd replace most of the current alien forest planet...stuff with a greatly extended flight through space section- lots of fiber optic starfields and maybe a close call with satellite and an asteroid, so that only the last couple seconds are spent on ET's home world and you don't have a chance to get sick of it and all his "friends."

I love ET but that's where the ride loses me. Love the queue and forest and flight, but once you get to the alien planet, it is painfully laughably bad.

Tom

Beta Return
So, um. Avatar, the specifics? Someone should start a thread, as opposed to this ET/Pan thread.

Please, someone, SOMETHING for the love of Mickey, share SOMETHING.

ET? Pan? Stop it, or start another thread, please! :)

A new thread will turn into this thread again. Why? Because there ARE NO SPECIFICS regarding Avatar.

That's why there's nothing to talk about here. There is no news. There have been no leaked plans. There are no renderings.

I was sort of being a smart-a$$ the first two times, but seriously, the only thing specific today is that if built, it will go in Animal Kingdom. We really don't know where yet, except likely up front since they're moving FotLK.

Prince-1

Kind off topic here but I always enjoy reading the first page of any thread and then going to the last page (especially there are many pages) and seeing how far off topic it is. E.T...Peter Pan...Test Track??? My hope is to see a e-ticket ride like the alien flying dragon type a-thingee from the movie and a night show similar to World of Color. And Philarmagic kills E.T.!!

Bairstow

I honestly wasn't that impressed with Philharmagic.
Beyond my reservations to traditionally-animated characters reduced to second-rate CGI, it just seemed like a clipshow with no real innovations, let alone a proper framing device. Maybe a good preshow setting up why Donald Duck is playing Kingdom Hearts would have helped.

Back on topic to ET though, anyone seen this?

Lee

Adventurer
Of course it does. But once the almighty "Lee" has spoken on this board it is sacrilegious to disagree and makes you a "pixie duster." Nothing new here.
My being "almighty" aside, I would honestly like an objective explanation of how Philharmagic is better than ET.

ET isn't a great ride, necessarily, but it is (IMHO) superior to any of the current FL rides.

MerlinTheGoat

I love Philharmagic, mostly because I'm a huge Donald Duck fan. I even like the story and find the show rather hilarious overall. But even I will admit the CGI is pretty terrible even for the time the show was made. I'm not even a huge fan of the 3D in it either, the older 3D movies have better 3D effects. A 3D theme park movie also won't exactly compare to an actual ride for me either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom