bubbles1812

Just because we haven't heard any specifics on the project doesn't mean it's getting pushed back or even not happening. Disney's doing what they're best at -- keeping it secretive.
Except for the fact that even the people who work for/are involved with Disney have reported that really nothing is going on right now with it... you would think there would be something regarding such a "massive" project, especially considering it's been a year.

misterID

So Disney is finally going to have an response to E.T.??? Well it is about time... LOL...

I remember reading an interview with Tony Baxter years ago where he was talking about how they had an attraction in the works that would compete with Spiderman.... And then UNI built FJ... Then Transformers. But they will catch up with Spiderman.... Eventually! ;)

What's funny is, I think WDI could do a much better job at an Avatar attraction than UNI could, just with scope and the ability to combine edutainment and thrills. The Avengers... No.

Alektronic

Except for the fact that even the people who work for/are involved with Disney have reported that really nothing is going on right now with it... you would think there would be something regarding such a "massive" project, especially considering it's been a year.

Except if you go to a certain place on Flower St in Glendale, then you would be able to see some ride testing going on.

Bairstow

The second half of ET is a little dated, but I really like the forest chase sequence at the beginning, the ride vehicles are unique and add to the experience, and the indoor queue is awesome. I'd stack it against any US fantasyland attraction.

Edit: On second thought, the Matterhorn is 50% fantasyland, isn't it?

Captain Chaos

Name a better ride in Fantasyland at MK than ET. Just one wil do.

Um.... Peter, no.. Um... Small, nah... Can't do it..

EDIT: Wait, I know.. That E+++++++++++++ ticket mountain they are building!!!!!
Nevermind, no such ride is being built... My bad again...

Bairstow

I was going to say that you could make a subjective argument that Small World is better because of Mary Blair's artistic input, the overall length, the history, the charm...

But now I can't get that $%&# song out of my head, so I won't.

invader

Um.... Peter, no.. Um... Small, nah... Can't do it..

EDIT: Wait, I know.. That E+++++++++++++ ticket mountain they are building!!!!!
Nevermind, no such ride is being built... My bad again...
I might put ISAW up there with it. Should MK's PP ever get a refurb to put it on Cali level it would be a strong contender also.

disneyrcks

I just realized that I posted about Peter Pan and ET in a thread entitled: Avatar land, the specifics. I guess we are really lacking in specifics (SMH)

disney fan 13

E.T, Past the Passport thing has a detailed queue (and a fabulous smell), unique ride vehicle, Great beginning, Middle, and a alright ending. E.T wins in my book.

Lee

Adventurer
I was going to say that you could make a subjective argument that Small World is better because of Mary Blair's artistic input, the overall length, the history, the charm...
I might put ISAW up there with it. Should MK's PP ever get a refurb to put it on Cali level it would be a strong contender also.
Alright, I will take one for the pixie dusters ;) I love ET but I will ride Peter Pan over it, any day of the week.
Wow.
Peter Pan or IASW a better ride than ET?o_O
I don't see how anyone who has ridden ET can objectively say that.

disneyrcks

Wow.
Peter Pan or IASW a better ride than ET?o_O
I don't see how anyone who has ridden ET can objectively say that.

I do objectively say that I will take Peter Pan over ET any day. But I do think ET is a great ride.

Look, I see things my way and you see things your way. I have no problems or weird smilies for that. It is what it is. Just because I see it that way does not mean I am correct. And, just because you see it that way does not mean you are correct. I love all of the info you provide us and I think it is great that you are an insider. I greatly respect your opinion but I gotta go with what I feel.

Lee

Adventurer
I get that.
But, I'm curious. In what way do you Peter Pan superior to ET? Ride system? Show elemets? Queue? Overall quality?

Bairstow

In terms of ride mechanism, show elements, and story, ET is clearly a spiritual sequel to the Peter Pan's Flight.
You even start out in a forest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom