doctornick

i personally find all the gross misconceptions about this project really funny
as far as the timeline not funny at all, a gross indictment IMO

Agreed. I can understand casual fans who would say stuff like "Avatar? Didn't they announce that years ago? Why is it taking so long?" but most longtime readers on these forums know the story and understand the timeline. No one excuses Disney's propensity for unbearably long build times, but there is nothing out of the ordinary with how long Avatar has taken -- they just announced it way too early in the process, unless what we typically see.

No Name

Lol. That looks awful.

I get that you guys are kind of joking but I don't think it's really that bad considering the ride. It's a water ride where you shoot stuff as well as the other people in other vehicles. And the certain things in the ride move or do something when you hit the target. And the other riders probably move or do something when you hit them too. Sure, it's not top notch theming and there are some visible support/wall elements like that but it certainly looks fun. Disney is intended to appeal to everyone while Legoland is aimed at younger children and their parents. And while Avatar Land's floating mountain will be a big focal point of the land, this is just intended to get you wet around a turn. So I'm not trying to defend bad theming (or take your post too seriously), obviously better theming would've made Legoland's ride even better, but the mountains and their respective lands are serving very different purposes.

I can see A foolish mortal being the first of many across the internet to make that comparison so I just wanted to cut Legoland some slack. :D

A foolish mortal

I get that you guys are kind of joking but I don't think it's really that bad considering the ride. It's a water ride where you shoot stuff as well as the other people in other vehicles. And the certain things in the ride move or do something when you hit the target. And the other riders probably move or do something when you hit them too. Sure, it's not top notch theming and there are some visible support/wall elements like that but it certainly looks fun. Disney is intended to appeal to everyone while Legoland is aimed at younger children and their parents. And while Avatar Land's floating mountain will be a big focal point of the land, this is just intended to get you wet around a turn. So I'm not trying to defend bad theming (or take your post too seriously), obviously better theming would've made Legoland's ride even better, but the mountains and their respective lands are serving very different purposes.

I can see A foolish mortal being the first of many across the internet to make that comparison so I just wanted to cut Legoland some slack. :D
It was aimed at people complaining about.. well everything - especially Pandora. But you must admit. Pandora will look better ;)

Also we all know Legoland is not close to Disney so to be fair it's not the best comparison, no.. Just making a point that Disney is doing a very good job on this land. Good thing you're not taking it too serious!

Cesar R M

1.jpg

*clears throat*
If you look closely.. you will see that the current tenants are squirrels and not ewoks ;)

Disneyhead'71

Agreed. I can understand casual fans who would say stuff like "Avatar? Didn't they announce that years ago? Why is it taking so long?" but most longtime readers on these forums know the story and understand the timeline. No one excuses Disney's propensity for unbearably long build times, but there is nothing out of the ordinary with how long Avatar has taken -- they just announced it way too early in the process, unless what we typically see.
And the same thing is happening up the road with a popular video game company. Except I expect that when the shovel hits the dirt up there, things will move along pretty quickly.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The ewoks only come out when nobody is looking. Shame really :(

Naw. I've been scared of them ever since they (the Ewoks) revealed they were man eating monsters. They're going to barbecue Han, Luke, and even R2-D2 despite not having any idea what a droid is since the little furballs apparently aren't picky. Also, at the end of RoJ I'm sure the Ewoks don't give two rips about the giant silver ball in the sky that just went away, but they are excited for the bestest feast ever. The fact stormtrooper helmets make good drums is just a nice by-product. However, I think the Ewoks would make a stupendous fantasy predator addition to a DAK expansion that revolved around man eating animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom