MagicGoofy

I hope the rumor about the boat ride isn't true. If it is, then WDW1974 will have been right (what else is new) about the land opening in phases.

If it is true, then I would hope they've got a darn good reason of doing this. Not a financial reason, but making the ride as good as possible. More than the so called "C ticket" as the blueprints indicated it would be.

I hope they show the boat ride during D23. I've no real interest in the simulator, only care about the boat. I hope it's not absent from the model because they're thinking about cutting it from the land entirely...

They cut out the boat ride portion off the model on purpose, you can see it just cut off right where you start to see water and a bridge witch I think might take you the boat ride entrance, they already have the design and everything becuse becuase they have already built the concrete pad for the ride so there is a surprise they don't want us seeing or maybe they want to show something off at the presentation first...

RSoxNo1

I hope the rumor about the boat ride isn't true. If it is, then WDW1974 will have been right (what else is new) about the land opening in phases.

If it is true, then I would hope they've got a darn good reason of doing this. Not a financial reason, but making the ride as good as possible. More than the so called "C ticket" as the blueprints indicated it would be.

I hope they show the boat ride during D23. I've no real interest in the simulator, only care about the boat. I hope it's not absent from the model because they're thinking about cutting it from the land entirely...
June 2, 2014: WDWThemeParks.com has reported that the Na'vi River Journey (Boat Ride) attraction has been moved to a 'Phase 2' of the Avatar project. The ride is seemingly contingent on the success of the initial build of the land as well as the new movies.

June 2, 2014: WDWMagic.com user pheneix is reporting that the cancellation of the Avatar Boat Ride or delay into Phase 2 are false.

August 10, 2014: Episode 62 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast with Jim Hill include updates on several rumors. Those rumors related to Avatar are as follows:

• $600 Million for Pandora
  • Might open with one ride (Simulator), with the boat ride coming on line 18 months later.
I didn't have Spirit as the first for this at all.

jt04

If it is delayed it is likely because the ride is being plussed in the same manner as star wars. IMO.

To me the most amazing scene in JP was the "river cruise" scene. Perhaps that fired some imaginations at WDI and Lightstorm. It should be an E ticket and has the potential (due to setting and backstory) to be the greatest attraction in history. I can wait patiently if that is the case. In my opinion.

twebber55

danlb_2000

Premium Member
They cut out the boat ride portion off the model on purpose, you can see it just cut off right where you start to see water and a bridge witch I think might take you the boat ride entrance, they already have the design and everything becuse becuase they have already built the concrete pad for the ride so there is a surprise they don't want us seeing or maybe they want to show something off at the presentation first...

No, the boat ride is there it's just well hidden within the rockwork. The bridge is the one that leads to the rest of the park, the former Camp Minnie Mickey entrance. I don't see any evidence in the model that that boat ride will have an outdoor portion.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If that planet thing was true. I would imagine it being like spaceship earth? a giant round thing with something inside?

No, I think they would just do something flat, or with a little bit of a curve to it to give the effect. The position of the planet would have it's back towards the bus entrance area so it may be feasible, but this would be a huge piece of construction, nearing 200 ft by my estimate.

jt04

No, I think they would just do something flat, or with a little bit of a curve to it to give the effect. The position of the planet would have it's back towards the bus entrance area so it may be feasible, but this would be a huge piece of construction, nearing 200 ft by my estimate.

I'm guessing that is just for placesetting. The rockwork looks to me to be on the scale of Carsland. So the planet is closer to 500 feet high if it were part of the model.

P_Radden

Photo from the D23 gallery:

Quick observations:
1. Two pathways connecting the land.
2. Hangar structure on the right, restaurant?
3. The flat roof structure to the right, could this be shops or perhaps another attraction?
4. This land looks a whole lot bigger than I thought from looking at google maps. With all those pathways and foliage, it may be confusing to navigate at first.
5. This model really puts in perspective the construction pics we've seen lately!!

Can someone point out in that pic of the model, where the boat ride is supposed to be? I thought it would be in the back left corner (behind Rainforest Cafe) and on the left side of the huge structure.

IMG_7606.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The FLE looked pretty too. Hopefully this has substance as well as style. And a boat ride.
THIS!

The success of this land is going to be on the experience it delivers. A lot of it will be the visuals, and we are led to believe that will be something special and never-before-seen, but it needs at least 2 solid attractions, otherwise, it is going to be more of FLE.

MagicGoofy

THIS!

The success of this land is going to be on the experience it delivers. A lot of it will be the visuals, and we are led to believe that will be something special and never-before-seen, but it needs at least 2 solid attractions, otherwise, it is going to be more of FLE.
Also not just those single attractions but the dinning, and interactive elemtents like the plants,

El Grupo

A building that seems to be a standalone has appeared over the last few weeks in photos taken from behind the Rainforest Cafe. That building appears in the left foreground in the Avatar model at D23. Any thoughts on what it may be (restaurant, shops, "welcome center")

Attachments

• IMG_7608.jpg
    IMG_7608.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 97

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom