bakntime

Just to add fuel to the LPS/trackless fire, here's the description of Shanghai's Pirates ride:

Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for the Sunken Treasure is a spectacular indoor boat ride that will take guests on a rollicking adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow to steal the priceless treasure of Davy Jones. Seamlessly blending Disney storytelling and state-of-the-art technologies, the attraction features three large media domes, projected effects, lifelike animated figures, theatrical sets and sophisticated lighting to dramatically take guests on, over and even under the sea on a nautical adventure.

With a new, highly controlled ride system, the boats can spin, travel sideways, and even move backwards to create a highly personalized experience. Guests will encounter fearless pirates, mermaids and even a kraken. Disney’s patented Audio-Animatronics and recent advancements in robotic technology will bring these pirates to a new level of realistic performance.

BrianLo

Just to add fuel to the LPS/trackless fire, here's the description of Shanghai's Pirates ride:

Nope, Shanghai Pirates is not an LPS system. It actually uses the patent below, which is sort of like a traditional boat system on a motion base:

sdlpotc1.jpg

sdlpotc2.jpg

That said, I suspect if it's not a traditional boat flume they will use the above system. An LPS one just makes very little financial/creative sense.

Bairstow

Nope, Shanghai Pirates is not an LPS system. It actually uses the patent below, which is sort of like a traditional boat system on a motion base:

sdlpotc1.jpg

sdlpotc2.jpg

That said, I suspect if it's not a traditional boat flume they will use the above system. An LPS one just makes very little financial/creative sense.

I wonder what the thinking is in using such a complicated articulated motion base for the Shanghai pirates vehicles.
It seems like an odd design choice when the traditional boat flume has been so effective previously.

lazyboy97o

I wonder what the thinking is in using such a complicated articulated motion base for the Shanghai pirates vehicles.
It seems like an odd design choice when the traditional boat flume has been so effective previously.
It is research and development whose outcome Disney owns but paid for largely by someone else.

HauntedMansionFLA

Until you visit Animal Kingdom in 2017, that is.
I know, My favorite WDW park. I've been really curious about the boat ride compared to the Soarin' ride. It could be a classic ride like Pirates and Splash. I am hoping the lack of details about the ride means that they realized they have a lot riding on this and stepped it up. Plus, you have Cameron who has an his creative input of what he wants and won't sign off on something that's done half way.

Bairstow

It is research and development whose outcome Disney owns but paid for largely by someone else.

I guess.
I hope for their sake it's more reliable than a new, partially-submerged ride system might tend to be.
I take it directional currents are supposed to push the boats along their track, and not power to the little dolly wheels?
I would think it would be a nightmare and a half if a boat were to get stuck during that lateral rotational maneuver and then be jammed up by a boat arriving behind it. Time to break out the hip waders!

Sped2424

I read a description that certain events will affect your boat (Rocking it, feeling like something floated underneath it, etc) hence those little arms underneath.

gmajew

Premium Member
I am very excited for this land, I can't wait until d23 hopefully they have a model, some new artwork, lots of new facts and info regarding the two rides and experiences with in Pandora!

My excitement for this land continue to grow with the more of the construction pics coming in. I was skeptical about the project and now I am looking forward to it and if it continues to build and delivers what they promise it could be one of the best lands in any park.

TyTrap

I have a question, we all know that D23 starts tomorrow so will the imagineering/parks & resorts exhibit be open tomorrow or is that just for a specific date during the convention?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom