flyerjab

On my twitter feed there was a link to a certain site that shall remain nameless that has a lot of close-up views of the Pandora model. Many close-ups and different angles. One thing this certain is that there seems to be a lot of water in this expansion…which is a good thing.

All I know is there better be a lot more information revealed than just this model. I mean it's nice and all, but there isn't much more new here that we haven't already seen.

djkidkaz

I have to say I dont find the model very exciting. All I see is a bunch of trees and some rock. Until they give me details about what all is in that foliage I'm holding off on my excitement.

djkidkaz

On my twitter feed there was a link to a certain site that shall remain nameless that has a lot of close-up views of the Pandora model. Many close-ups and different angles. One thing this certain is that there seems to be a lot of water in this expansion…which is a good thing.

All I know is there better be a lot more information revealed than just this model. I mean it's nice and all, but there isn't much more new here that we haven't already seen.

Can't seem to find it. I checked the typical sites.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Photo from the D23 gallery:

Quick observations:
1. Two pathways connecting the land.
2. Hangar structure on the right, restaurant?
3. The flat roof structure to the right, could this be shops or perhaps another attraction?
4. This land looks a whole lot bigger than I thought from looking at google maps. With all those pathways and foliage, it may be confusing to navigate at first.
5. This model really puts in perspective the construction pics we've seen lately!!

Can someone point out in that pic of the model, where the boat ride is supposed to be? I thought it would be in the back left corner (behind Rainforest Cafe) and on the left side of the huge structure.

1. Yes, one path will be the old CMM entrance bridge, the other will connect to Africa and come out behind the new FotLK theater.

Here is roughly where the boat ride is. It's not a separate building so it's a little hard to see where the Banshee ride ends and the boat ride begins.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think when we talk about an outdoor portion of the boat ride, it might mean that you can get glimpses of the outdoors. Looking at this photo, you can see there are gaps in the rock work which would let light come through but also protect it enough that it wouldn't have to close during a rain storm.
View attachment 105806

I think it would be better for the boat ride to be entirely indoors. The bio-luminescent effects are going to be a major part of this land, but you will only get to experience them outside for a couple hours each day. The boat ride would allow the experience all day.

space42

Also not just those single attractions but the dinning, and interactive elemtents like the plants,

No the actual attractions. We can see that the land will be visually interesting. What is unknown is if the attraction(s) is (are) going to be something truly groundbreaking in a 'Only Disney does THIS' kind of way.
I'm hoping that they shed some light on this over the weekend. Show us why it's not just a version of Soarin' in 3d.

BrianLo

Photo from the D23 gallery:

Can someone point out in that pic of the model, where the boat ride is supposed to be? I thought it would be in the back left corner (behind Rainforest Cafe) and on the left side of the huge structure.

View attachment 105785

img_7606-jpg.105785

This photo is actually the entire facade of the boat ride pad. In the far background you can see the Simulator building, but the actual section of rock work here is the wall of the boat ride building, extending all the way to that small concrete wall you can see on the right of the image.

The image makes you believe it's a wall in front of the simulator building, but that's actually a ways behind.

IMG_2106-1200x768.jpg

ULPO46

So question about the banshee ride system has anyone heard if it will be like the Pteradon ride at Islands of Adventure or is this similar to Soarin or a totally new ride system?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So question about the banshee ride system has anyone heard if it will be like the Pteradon ride at Islands of Adventure or is this similar to Soarin or a totally new ride system?

Nothing like the petradon ride. It will basically be a vehicle in front of a screen like Soarin, but in 3D and with probably much more actual motion.

CJR

Must say that this land looks fantastic! Fan of the franchise or not, this will be one heck of a place to visit, especially at night.

I am curious if they will have room for future expansion though. It looks like it's taking up pretty much the entire pad. I know they can always demolish and move things, but it looks like they have no plans to add anything for a long time. Just a note there.

Incomudro

I think it would be better for the boat ride to be entirely indoors. The bio-luminescent effects are going to be a major part of this land, but you will only get to experience them outside for a couple hours each day. The boat ride would allow the experience all day.

I'm wondering if the boat ride - or a good portion of it - is going to be indoors.
Given its proximity to the mountains in the back, I'd be willing to bet that's the case, that there will be an indoor dark portion of the ride.
It just makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom