ToTBellHop

A good portion of it will be inside, the question is whether it will go outside at all.
Doubt it. Are there any boat rides in FL with an outdoor component (outside of the water rides Splash and Kali; this one isn't meant as a drencher)? Thought only Cali did that, with their weather.

Edit: jungle cruise. Still doubt it here, though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Doubt it. Are there any boat rides in FL with an outdoor component (outside of the water rides Splash and Kali; this one isn't meant as a drencher)? Thought only Cali did that, with their weather.

Edit: jungle cruise. Still doubt it here, though.

Small world load area is open to the outside, although it's covered.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could FL's drenching rain actually reverse the water in the trough if a portion were outside?
I seriously doubt it. About the only way I could see that amount of water finding its way into the outdoor portion of the attraction would be if someone really botched the drainage plan and had the entire area draining into it.

MagicGoofy

I have no idea how some people are looking at the model and seeing a mess? Maybe because it has so many details and isn't cookie cutter.. Well everyone has their opinions, I want someone to take a picture head on and zoom in on the front of the mountains because most of the pictures are from the side and you can't see the whole arch.

Also the movie Avatar gave me a one of kind immersive experience into the world of pandora so weather the plot is orginal or not I think pandora is a perfect place to be adapted into a land.

Last edited:

Brian Swan

The one question this model should answer, although I can't tell from this angle, is if the boat ride will have an outdoor portion.
The ride is supposed to be a night simulation, so I'm guessing that it will either be entirely indoors (like Pirates) or just have a minimal outdoor loading area, similar to iasw.

Incomudro

A good portion of it will be inside, the question is whether it will go outside at all.
With no information beyond pure conjecture, I'm imagining an outside start - say like Jungle Cruise or 20K, but with the majority of ride being the indoor portion of the journey.
All the better to show off cutting edge effects day or night.
Think the enclosed portion of the 7 Dwarves Mine Train, expanded and Avatarized.

Mawg

With no information beyond pure conjecture, I'm imagining an outside start - say like Jungle Cruise or 20K, but with the majority of ride being the indoor portion of the journey.
Think the enclosed portion of the 7 Dwarves Mine Train, expanded and Avatarized.
I picture the whole ride including the queue being indoors. The queue will have walkways that glow with bioluminescence. Everything indoors allows for better control of the environment and show.

ULPO46

I wish the original idea of having a ride that makes you feel like your entering Pandora after a four year space journey was the way you entered the land.

Brian Swan

Nothing like the petradon ride. It will basically be a vehicle in front of a screen like Soarin, but in 3D and with probably much more actual motion.
For some reason I thought I remember seeing some concept art that indicated a "straddle" seat that you ride on, kind of like a motorcycle. But maybe it was just a dream that I had...

MagicGoofy

Some of the creatures you will run into at pandora.. Hype Level heavly increasing...
image.jpg

Also I think we will run into a few or all of these during the boat ride in anamatronic form.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For some reason I thought I remember seeing some concept art that indicated a "straddle" seat that you ride on, kind of like a motorcycle. But maybe it was just a dream that I had...

This is an idea that has been discussed, but no concept art has ever been released showing that for Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom