AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Skibum1970

Similarly bored. I read that "release" and it doesn't really give any news. It mentions that Avatar could be underway this year and will take five years to build. That's as vague as saying Disney owns some land in Florida. They could start land clearing all this year and lay the bare bones infrastructure next year and the area still become a meet-n-greet. Look at FLE. If my memory serves, Disney announced the FLE and land clearing began for Pixie Hollow and Little Mermaid. Then, Pixie Hollow became the SDMT after small constructino was underway.

A lot can change up until the time they start major vertical construction.

PeterAlt

What was the point of bringing Kathy Magnum to Florida when there are no new projects seriously under consideration for Florida in the next 5 years (outside of possibly Cars Land)?
That we know of...

We don't know the things that we don't know or that are unknown. There may be several or more unknown projects that we don't know about. These unknown projects, plus the projects already known, may be plenty to keep Kathy Magnum busy!

But we just don't know about the unknowns.

Remember, the Tree of Life was secretly under construction for a few years before DAK was even announced.

So, who knows...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That we know of...

We don't know the things that we don't know or that are unknown. There may be several or more unknown projects that we don't know about. These unknown projects, plus the projects already known, may be plenty to keep Kathy Magnum busy!

But we just don't know about the unknowns.

Remember, the Tree of Life was secretly under construction for a few years before DAK was even announced.

So, who knows...

Wow, that's deep! ;)

articos

What was the point of bringing Kathy Magnum to Florida when there are no new projects seriously under consideration for Florida in the next 5 years (outside of possibly Cars Land)?
There's quite a bit to keep her busy, but being busy to being built is about a 7 to 1 ratio. She moved because WDI needed a strong presence in FL, as well as there are multiple projects that can use her talent over the next decade.

WDW1974

BTW All, it's Kathy Mangum, not Magnum.

Yes. Just like it is Joe ROHDE and John LASSETER. And even Bob IGER.

You gotta get the names spelled correctly. It's a basic and I don't care what you are typing on (here's a hint: if it's a phone, you probably should find better things to occupy your time). Typos are going to happen ... people are going to leave out a word, misspeak, add an extra comma, dangle a modifier (fanbois love those!), but spelling folks' names correctly is something you just sorta have to do!

G00fyDad

Yes. Just like it is Joe ROHDE and John LASSETER. And even Bob IGER.

You gotta get the names spelled correctly. It's a basic and I don't care what you are typing on (here's a hint: if it's a phone, you probably should find better things to occupy your time). Typos are going to happen ... people are going to leave out a word, misspeak, add an extra comma, dangle a modifier (fanbois love those!), but spelling folks' names correctly is something you just sorta have to do!

I have no idea what you're talking about WRW1974.

Jimmy Thick

OK, some what ifs...

What if Disney is taking the time to do Avatar justice? Considering Carsland was such a huge success, Avatar is a pretty huge property and maybe, just maybe Disney is going all out from a design standpoint to get it picture perfect. Think that could take some time? Last time Disney built something in AK the killer app broke and hasn't been fixed yet. Must they rush?

What if Cameron has this on lockdown? Has anyone actually seen the contract between Disney and Cameron? Wasn't Cameron pretty secretive about Avatar before it shipped to theatres? I remember a lot of hype but not much actual footage. Could it possibly be in his contract that there is nothing shown until he thinks its ready? Cameron, from what I have seen comes off as a perfectionist.

Why does Disney need to rush this anyway? The theme park world moves and shakes to the Disney empire no matter what. Just let Disney be Disney and let them make something magical.

Jimmy Thick- /end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom