AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Lord Pheonix

hey!!! dont be hatin twihards!!!!

seriously, tho, by the time they get this thing built, avatar will be so far out of the minds of people it wont even be relavant anymore. i know they are planning 2 and 3, but even that has been postponed again and again. as much as i loved avatar, i just dont think it was a big enough epic to warrent an entire area of its own. ak should be left to real places, not ficitious ones. id like to see the congo or amazon, a disney sea or discovery cove theme, something along those lines.

bubbles1812

seriously, tho, by the time they get this thing built, avatar will be so far out of the minds of people it wont even be relavant anymore. i know they are planning 2 and 3, but even that has been postponed again and again. as much as i loved avatar, i just dont think it was a big enough epic to warrent an entire area of its own. ak should be left to real places, not ficitious ones. id like to see the congo or amazon, a disney sea or discovery cove theme, something along those lines.
Eh... I don't hate "Twihards" even if they do have very poor taste in movies and books. But I stand by what I said about the parks not needing more screaming bands of teenage girls. I heard enough cheerleading cheers and saw enough inappropriate behavior to wish no more existed in the parks. Plus there is already an Italy Pavilion and if anyone really want something Twilight, they can buy a plane ticket to Washington and forego Disney. I don't need meet and greets with creepy little half vampires... Not to mention that half the planet hates the series and don't consider it epic by any means. (Sorry but it is the truth)

I like the idea of the Amazon being featured. And having a DisneySea like place would be great...provided they built it up to snuff compared to the original. The Congo is something I would avoid considering the violence and war that has been part of that country for sadly so many years. It'd actually be fun if they incorporated some of our own beautiful country. There are some beautiful places in the US.

Cosmic Commando

I believe that Disney and Cameron have finally come to an agreement! They've found a way to have something mind blowing (Cameron's requirement) and not too expensive. All they need to do is hire about 20 neurosurgeons, buy 10 or so smallish power supplies, and a crapload of copper wire and anesthetics. First a few small holes will be bored into your skull (not for everyone I know, but bear with me). Then copper wires will be attached to a few of your pleasure centers. The exposed end (in this case I mean the bit sticking out of you skull) will be hooked up to the power supply and you'll be able to make queue love, just like in the movie! Plus, you can get the surgery done before your trip as part of Next Gen! Since this won't take up much space, Rohde can have most of the area back. It's a win, win for everyone!
Sounds amazing! So the THRC would be 3? Maybe 4? :p

Sped2424

It wont be though avatar land wont be open at the earliest by 2015-2017 and by then Im almost positive that the second film will have premiered and those sequels are under wraps just like the first movie was. The film itself did gross about over a billion and captured audiences world wide with just one film we gotta give it some credit and if the sequels capture that same essence then I believe that the franchises popularity is only going to grow. Disney's Animal Kingdom was intended to celebrate three categories of animals - real, extinct and imaginary which is why the whole beastly kingdom expansion was even drafted and why there is a unicorn parking lot and a dragon in the parks logo image. I just hope the expansion itself is done well though that is a whole different story.

afar28

I don't know if I want this to happen to not
Why I do want an avatarland: The environments and settings in the movie are stunning, and if done right could translate to an outstanding theme park land.
Why I don't want it: the plot was weak, by the time it's built, alot of people may no longer care. Also, what if the 2nd and 3rd movies are horrible, then the Land opens. Bad tastes in people's mouths. Their are also better options (beastly kingdom, mysterious island, or can build an Australlian theme land or something like that)

Sped2424

I don't know if I want this to happen to not
Why I do want an avatarland: The environments and settings in the movie are stunning, and if done right could translate to an outstanding theme park land.
Why I don't want it: the plot was weak, by the time it's built, alot of people may no longer care. Also, what if the 2nd and 3rd movies are horrible, then the Land opens. Bad tastes in people's mouths. Their are also better options (beastly kingdom, mysterious island, or can build an Australlian theme land or something like that)
Honestly I would be perfectly fine with a beastly kingdom the dragon coaster would be beyond amazing but disney is trying to go after the franchise game since harry potter and they have their sights aimed on avatar land. I agree with your post completely it could be great but if the sequels suck then its like a reminder of a land no one wants to visit.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sounds amazing! So the THRC would be 3? Maybe 4? :p

Well, to keep things moving along having people trained in the copper wire attachment located in different areas around the globe is being discussed. That would really integrate things with MM+, etc. It will really encourage people to do some pre-planning. Imagine how Dopey you'll feel if you don't get the surgery done!

Genie of the Lamp

Well being that this thread is back into relative discussion, I decided to pull out my blu ray collection box and pull out Avatar. I watched it last night for the first time in 2 years and it reminded me of two things. One, this movie was the greatest visual spectacle I have ever seen and possibly will ever see (although Life of Pi is up their too). Two, it needs great sequels to better expand and enhance/introduce/re introduce the character backgrounds and personalitites because the character plotlines in #1 sucked. Only three characters I remembered from watching it last night: Jake Sulley, Natari, and Grace. Anyhow it got me thinking, since this has sooooo much potential if this is done right, maybe Avatar/Pandora needs to be WDW's 5th gate. That's right I said it. Now you might think I am currently high in the blue sky or on some magically delicious Disney branded cereal to become in the near future (you heard it here and from me 1st) from a different world, but lets step back and analyze this here. Pandora is its own world, own planet for awah's sake. There are so many vastly different creatures, species, plant life (epic to see that at night) mountain life and it even has different languages for Pandora. It is so vast and expansive that if the settings are like they were in the film, a full day theme park of its own gate maybe the best option for this to exist. Just picture in your mind for a few minutes what my theory is and what greatness it could become of it. Now would I be okay with a Star Wars fifth gate or a Marvel fifth gate (highly unlikely) if they were tba, absolutely, but I think this has more/most potential. But this will never happen though but you can still dream/imagine it though right.

Sped2424

I really think that if they work with the way the world light sup at night in the film and integrate that completely into avatar land they could really have something great on their hands.

spacemt354

Chili's
Well being that this thread is back into relative discussion, I decided to pull out my blu ray collection box and pull out Avatar. I watched it last night for the first time in 2 years and it reminded me of two things. One, this movie was the greatest visual spectacle I have ever seen and possibly will ever see (although Life of Pi is up their too). Two, it needs great sequels to better expand and enhance/introduce/re introduce the character backgrounds and personalitites because the character plotlines in #1 sucked. Only three characters I remembered from watching it last night: Jake Sulley, Natari, and Grace. Anyhow it got me thinking, since this has sooooo much potential if this is done right, maybe Avatar/Pandora needs to be WDW's 5th gate. That's right I said it. Now you might think I am currently high in the blue sky or on some magically delicious Disney branded cereal to become in the near future (you heard it here and from me 1st) from a different world, but lets step back and analyze this here. Pandora is its own world, own planet for heaven's sake. There are so many vastly different creatures, species, plant life (epic to see that at night) mountain life and it even has different languages for Pandora. It is so vast and expansive that if the settings are like they were in the film, a full day theme park of its own gate maybe the best option for this to exist. Just picture in your mind for a few minutes what my theory is and what greatness it could become of it. Now would I be okay with a Star Wars fifth gate or a Marvel fifth gate (highly unlikely) if they were tba, absolutely, but I think this has more/most potential. But this will never happen though but you can still dream/imagine it though right.

Hmm keep it in mind. Honestly sounds much better separate from Animal Kingdom for some reason. I guess because I feel there are a lot of other, better-fitting options for expansion of AK. However, I say we fix the 4 exisiting parks first before the term "5th gate" comes to mind ;)

Genie of the Lamp

Hmm keep it in mind. Honestly sounds much better separate from Animal Kingdom for some reason. I guess because I feel there are a lot of other, better-fitting options for expansion of AK. However, I say we fix the 4 exisiting parks first before the term "5th gate" comes to mind ;)

Completely agree. Existing parks first to get them to their property state/Disney standards then we can expand outside our horizons. Beastly Kingdom or Kashyyyk/Endor SW land would be better or more liked fits in that area for the AK.

the.dreamfinder

Dinosaurs_Lasers.jpg

Captain Neo

Pan Am and TWA are doing just fine. Sears has never been better. And I'm going to the local Woolworth's later today.

This was also the attitude of the American auto industry and the second things went sour they were on there hands and knees begging for that sweeet sweet tax payer bailout money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom