AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Rodan75

I agree with Jimmy, I wouldn't be surprised that Disney/Cameron is taking their time, they need to build an experience that will drive attendance and merchandising.

However Disney does need to move on other attractions/remodels/updates for Epcot and DHS in the meantime.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OK, some what ifs...

What if Disney is taking the time to do Avatar justice? Considering Carsland was such a huge success, Avatar is a pretty huge property and maybe, just maybe Disney is going all out from a design standpoint to get it picture perfect. Think that could take some time? Last time Disney built something in AK the killer app broke and hasn't been fixed yet. Must they rush?

What if Cameron has this on lockdown? Has anyone actually seen the contract between Disney and Cameron? Wasn't Cameron pretty secretive about Avatar before it shipped to theatres? I remember a lot of hype but not much actual footage. Could it possibly be in his contract that there is nothing shown until he thinks its ready? Cameron, from what I have seen comes off as a perfectionist.

Why does Disney need to rush this anyway? The theme park world moves and shakes to the Disney empire no matter what. Just let Disney be Disney and let them make something magical.

Jimmy Thick- /end.

But how many companies have died because of thinking like that?

Jimmy Thick

But how many companies have died because of thinking like that?

And there has been a tremendous decline in attendance at Disney World to force them to rush a billion dollar property?

Let me know when the parks are dead, I would love to walk on Toy Story.

Jimmy Thick- No rush Disney, the general public can wait.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And there has been a tremendous decline in attendance at Disney World to force them to rush a billion dollar property?

Let me know when the parks are dead, I would love to walk on Toy Story.

Jimmy Thick- No rush Disney, the general public can wait.

No but it has been pretty much stagnant for the past three years. If you wait for the decline to happen it may be to late to recover.

Jimmy Thick

No but it has been pretty much stagnant for the past three years. If you wait for the decline to happen it may be to late to recover.

I don't think there is any possible way Disney World could go under with its current leadership. Disney offers things no other companies in the resort industry can match. Comparing them business wise to air carriers and retail establishments, who are a completely different industry is laughable.

Disney World in our lifetimes, will never be in danger of not being number one and therefore can rest on their laurels to achieve a perfect Avatarland. And the public will wait and be satisfied and tell glorious stories when it comes to pass.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think there is any possible way Disney World could go under with its current leadership. Disney offers things no other companies in the resort industry can match. Comparing them business wise to air carriers and retail establishments, who are a completely different industry is laughable.

Disney World in our lifetimes, will never be in danger of not being number one and therefore can rest on their laurels to achieve a perfect Avatarland. And the public will wait and be satisfied and tell glorious stories when it comes to pass.

Jimmy Thick- Fact.

I just pray that Disney management doesn't think the same way you do, although I fear they do.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Actually, I think Avatar could be the greatest theme park land ever. If done right, it could even alleviate the need for a night time show at DAK (look at all the purty, bioluminescing plants). However, I have serious doubts about it getting built. I almost think the occasional press release mention occurs just because lower level lackeys don't know what's up. If, I'm wrong, and they break ground I'll be very happy. I'll be even happier if it is more than Soarin' 2.0.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I believe that Disney and Cameron have finally come to an agreement! They've found a way to have something mind blowing (Cameron's requirement) and not too expensive. All they need to do is hire about 20 neurosurgeons, buy 10 or so smallish power supplies, and a crapload of copper wire and anesthetics. First a few small holes will be bored into your skull (not for everyone I know, but bear with me). Then copper wires will be attached to a few of your pleasure centers. The exposed end (in this case I mean the bit sticking out of you skull) will be hooked up to the power supply and you'll be able to make queue love, just like in the movie! Plus, you can get the surgery done before your trip as part of Next Gen! Since this won't take up much space, Rohde can have most of the area back. It's a win, win for everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom